2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Oh my god1!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 05:22 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan,

Since the damage is not too serious, maybe you should hit up your dad's buddy and pay cash. If not his place, then any decent bodyshop will do the work for cash. You'll save a few bucks like that
Old 4/5/05, 05:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who would buy a 17year kid mustang, let lone a gt ! what going to happen is wrap the car around a pole or hurt somebody. don't tell me you are paying for the car mcdonalds don't pay that good. as you can see your not that good of driver if you cannot pull in the garage with tearing the side of the car off.
Old 4/5/05, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

He saved 7 years for it. And he sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders so lets cut him some slack. Kaka happens no matter how old or young you are. We have all been in his shoes, maybe in a different car, so no one is on a pulpit. And you arent the first one to do this Dj, thats why they cal it "accidents" and why they invented insurance. If people didnt do this body shops would be out of business. Take it to your freinds dad like was said before and get er done. One thing for sure you know you will never do it again. Everytime you pull her in the garage you will remember. Least you learned cheap instead of taking out the garage and the whole side of the car.
Old 4/5/05, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ The 17 year old bought it. It wasn't bought for him.
Old 4/5/05, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

You from the hood boy? Thats how you talk.

Actually I've worked at a golf course the past 4 years, and with tips make $15 an hour. Thats probably better than you donkey doughnut.

Wow, my Father had a 67 Mustang as his first car, wand he wrapped it around a pole ...

What else. My mom had a Mustang as her first car ...

Its not like i was out beign stupid. I wasnt paying attention and got too close.

My Dad was just as proud as I was when I finally bought it, thank you very much. I know its surprising a 17 year old saved his money up instead of buing an XBOX or Playstation and 1000 games or going out and buying the latest fashions from American Eagle.

So do me a favor. Pull your head out of your hiney buddy.
Old 4/5/05, 05:32 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Sorry about the car.. Man that does stink bad. SInce your 17 in a GT dont even go near your insurance company with this...
and be very careful about patch work paint jobs... make sure you take it to a very reputable body shop...
Old 4/5/05, 05:33 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ok, I was 25 when I tagged a pole in my garage with my Toyota. I was paying attention to the crying baby in the back seat, and not the pole.

I was 28 when I backed my husbands Durango into my 99GT. Both times we didnt report it to the insurance, because it just wasnt worth the increase. With my 99, my husband read me the riot act, and then was like, "Your car, you have a job. Figure out how to pay for it." I drove it like that for 5 years. Since it wasnt creased, and nothing needed to be replaced for function, I suffered until I could afford to get it fixed. Having to drive it was enough embarrasment.

Smart, mature people make stupid mistakes. My husband had moved my 99 and failed to tell me, and I didnt pay attention.

As for this poor young man, I think he has experienced the appropriate amount of remorse, and has shown responsibility by fessing up, and finding the solution to the problem. Lets give him a break! The fact that he was so upset that he couldnt even type gives me the impression he appreciates the car. He is spending his own hard earned money on it, so, I think has every right to be upset, and not get flamed for making a mistake.

I couldnt afford to fix a dent in mine right now, if I were to get one. Does that make me irresponsible? Nope. I can tell you, that in the last 6 years, I have been EXTREMELY careful so that I avoid this stuff as much as possible.

Part of growing up is making mistakes, as long as you learn from them, its all good.
Old 4/5/05, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks again.

And I don't know, wtih the 05 being new and everything, I just feel safer taking it to a Ford body shop because they have the parts .. and will be able to match the paint a lot easier I think.
Old 4/5/05, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry stuff happens, but i bet you'll be a heck of a lot more carefull next time you pull into the garage. Hope all goes well.

P.S. I will never get tired of seeing "Donkey Doughnut" when someone tries to write A-Hole
Old 4/5/05, 05:37 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by celticstanger@April 5, 2005, 4:23 PM
Ford dealer may be pricey, simply because of their higher hourly rate. Be sure to check out that other bodyshop.

Body looks fine - nothing too tragic. I can imagine how you feel, though - you shoulda seen me when this happened -
Hey celticstanger - did you ever get a new car - or fix the one in the pics?
Old 4/5/05, 05:39 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

DJ, be careful. Not all dealerships are reputeable. My boss got into a serious accident, took it to her dealer for all the work. Now, at the end of the lease, they are saying it wasnt fixed properly and want to charge her more on her buy out.

I would go with someone you know personally, they can get the paint to match.
Bullitt Member

Yeah, kudos due for posting asking for what the best course of action was. Getting "daddy" to pay for it didn't appear to enter his mind for a sec.

Too many envious people out there, DJ.
Mach 1 Member

Good point, and if anything were to go wrong down the road it would be covered by the warranty, I would assume it may not if it was done outside a dealer. I know what would make ya feel better.......I once laid down a motorcycle in a parking lot while showing a freind how to ride. Was watching him ride his bike and screwing around and went down into a gulley filled with rocks. Let me tell ya I learned my lesson. After learning to walk 6 months later and many hours of rehab I pay attention now
Old 4/5/05, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AJC+April 5, 2005, 5:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AJC @ April 5, 2005, 5:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-celticstanger@April 5, 2005, 4:23 PM
Ford dealer may be pricey, simply because of their higher hourly rate. Be sure to check out that other bodyshop.

Body looks fine - nothing too tragic. I can imagine how you feel, though - you shoulda seen me when this happened -
Hey celticstanger - did you ever get a new car - or fix the one in the pics?
[/b][/quote]

Supposedly I can pick it up Thursday when I fly back into town. It's been over 2 freakin' months!!!
Old 4/5/05, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

ya thanks for helpin with the opinions and encouragement guys. Im feeling a lot better now.

Maybe I can try to eat my dinner i picked at and do homework before i cry myself to sleep.

And celtic ... man, i remember when that happened. I almost cried for you. Hope everythign is well with your car when you get it.
Old 4/5/05, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I wonder if Marshall Ford will believe me if I took it in right now and told them they gave it to me like this ...
Old 4/5/05, 05:54 PM

I did the same thing. hit the side of my garage, except my dent was much worse..called Dent wizard,,, paintless dent repair,,,150 bucks, can't even see it. he worked the dent out with special tools. and I hand buffed the scratches out..
Old 4/5/05, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

DJ, they are dumb at the dealer sometimes but yoou know it wont work. Plus its gonna hurt but you made the dent you gotta fix it. You cant blame someone else for your mistakes. I know you were joking but I still gota say that crap as a parent
Old 4/5/05, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by henleyfan@April 5, 2005, 6:57 PM
I did the same thing. hit the side of my garage, except my dent was much worse..called Dent wizard,,, paintless dent repair,,,150 bucks, can't even see it. he worked the dent out with special tools. and I hand buffed the scratches out..
Sweet, and your name is Danny!

Who needs a side mirror anyway?

I should streamline my car. All that does is create drag!
Old 4/5/05, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

DJ07 dont let them make you feel bad cuz your 17 with a GT. I will soon have a 05 V6 and im 16 your car looks cool later bro.