2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Observations: Same old problems?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car was built on 23 February and I picked it up yesterday. Here are my observations on how this newer build car is doing with some older issues. Still too new to tell on some of these.

Front end clunking (strut issue) - not yet but too soon to tell.

Shaker 500 - Mine says it's a B after diagnostics which may not mean anything. No skips but it will not take discs that I made with ITunes on my computer. It will play discs that my daughter made with ITunes on her computer! It does play the MP3 disc I made with ITunes on my computer.

Fuses - were not loose.

Rattles - None.

Filling gas tank - haven't done that yet.

Windows up and down with active anti-theft - I have the optional active anti-theft system. Windows do not go up or down when using the key fob or when inserting the key in the lock and turning and holding.

Window sticker - at the end of the options list it does have my name and does say something like "Tag 000X000". Some say this shows it was an Xplan order. Mine was an Xplan order.

Orange peel in the paint - Yes there is some. Too much? That's a subjective call but I would say no, I am happy with it.

Hope this helps someone. Gotta go :drive: B)
Old 3/11/05, 10:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hellcat6@March 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
Windows up and down with active anti-theft - I have the optional active anti-theft system. Windows do not go up or down when using the key fob or when inserting the key in the lock and turning and holding.

Search for this one.