2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Nearly ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/04, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer told me and my friend today that Ford has "stopped production on the new Mustangs" and indicated it was because of problems with the car.

OK, let me lay this out ... we're at a local USED CAR DEALER ... who has the only 2005 GT in town, because they bought it from a Ford dealer in Orlando and brought it up untitled to their lot. (so you can imagine the markup, $4000) So we're not even dealing with a Ford dealer here, and then the salesman thinks I want to buy a car that he claims has stopped production because of a problem? Even if I didn't know better, I wouldn't buy from him because he's telling me (assuming he were telling me the truth) the car has a flaw.

Some people are just idiots.
Old 11/14/04, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@November 13, 2004, 10:18 PM
this is a post i did a few days ago on a story that happend to me and my wife its under Sorry long Rant
Sorry but i just thought some here would like to know specially in Florida. I do in fact have a stang on order but tonight on Ford direct i seen a stang that had everything i wanted except for the 1000 watt shaker so i figured i would go and purchase this car and just add a better system later. At any rate the dealer ship is SunCoast Ford in Port Richey Fl. about an hour drive for me and my wife so i did the smart thing and called ahead of time to see if they had it they said yes and they would sell it to me tonight. So (very excited) me and my wife drove all the way there and there she was a Black GT in the detail shop. We started telling them why we were there how we have a car on order they said WHY are you here then. I told them the obvious why wait when i can get allmost everything i want now. So all is going good the salesman is talking NICELY then i bring up the fact we have an X plan. Its allmost like i cursed his mom. He then tells me why should we sell you this car for X plan when we can get 2,000 over MSRP tomorrow I said so what your saying is the car was for sale until i mentioned the X plan. He walks off. So now me and my wife go inside and i ask to talk to the Sales manager and told him how we were treated. they start telling me that you wont get a X plan for like 6 to 8 months i said we allready did i have a car on order for X plan his reply thats why you dont have it yet.So then they start telling me that they got the car from some auction and they paid 2000 more over so they have to get there money back. I am 28 my wife 27 i said do we just not look like we can afford this car or what. done they were just done they told us to go to Brandon Ford maybe they will have something. I told him that i researched Ford direct and YOU guys have the car i am looking for not them. HE just walks off. sorry for the long rant but just couldnt take it SO close to having everything i wanted but yet so Far.
Guys, it's not your age. But at least as far as I can tell from your post, you did a few things wrong.

1) FordDirect does list MSRP and invoice for the car you found.

2) You did not ask the dealership if they accepted X plan or what they were listing the car for. This forum has many tales about dealers not accepting X-plan yet. By hiding (yeah, hiding) the fact that you were eligible, they thought you were someone willing to drive an hour on short notice to buy a car, not someone who already had one on order.

3) They sound like they would have sold you the car at the price THEY wanted, just not at X-plan. It had nothing to do with your age. :nono:

4) If they had spent $2K over invoice, or over MSRP, in order to attract people to their dealership, that was an investment on their part. They have a hot car and their not interested in repeat business. The only thing that went wrong here is you COULD have saved yourself some time by mentioning the X-plan in your phone call.

If there is more to the story, OK, but I didn't hear any "ageism" in your tale, and believe me, I have been the victim of same, so my sympathies are with you, in general. Try being a 22 year old married guy with child who can't rent a car on vacation sometime, it's not pretty.

Bide your time, love your Stang when it arrives, and check the fine print before you drive off.
Old 11/14/04, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by Deathdealer+November 14, 2004, 7:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Deathdealer @ November 14, 2004, 7:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mustangshadow@November 13, 2004, 10:18 PM
this is a post i did a few days ago on a story that happend to me and my wife its under Sorry long Rant
Sorry but i just thought some here would like to know specially in Florida. I do in fact have a stang on order but tonight on Ford direct i seen a stang that had everything i wanted except for the 1000 watt shaker so i figured i would go and purchase this car and just add a better system later. At any rate the dealer ship is SunCoast Ford in Port Richey Fl. about an hour drive for me and my wife so i did the smart thing and called ahead of time to see if they had it they said yes and they would sell it to me tonight. So (very excited) me and my wife drove all the way there and there she was a Black GT in the detail shop. We started telling them why we were there how we have a car on order they said WHY are you here then. I told them the obvious why wait when i can get allmost everything i want now. So all is going good the salesman is talking NICELY then i bring up the fact we have an X plan. Its allmost like i cursed his mom. He then tells me why should we sell you this car for X plan when we can get 2,000 over MSRP tomorrow I said so what your saying is the car was for sale until i mentioned the X plan. He walks off. So now me and my wife go inside and i ask to talk to the Sales manager and told him how we were treated. they start telling me that you wont get a X plan for like 6 to 8 months i said we allready did i have a car on order for X plan his reply thats why you dont have it yet.So then they start telling me that they got the car from some auction and they paid 2000 more over so they have to get there money back. I am 28 my wife 27 i said do we just not look like we can afford this car or what. done they were just done they told us to go to Brandon Ford maybe they will have something. I told him that i researched Ford direct and YOU guys have the car i am looking for not them. HE just walks off. sorry for the long rant but just couldnt take it SO close to having everything i wanted but yet so Far.
Guys, it's not your age. But at least as far as I can tell from your post, you did a few things wrong.

1) FordDirect does list MSRP and invoice for the car you found.

2) You did not ask the dealership if they accepted X plan or what they were listing the car for. This forum has many tales about dealers not accepting X-plan yet. By hiding (yeah, hiding) the fact that you were eligible, they thought you were someone willing to drive an hour on short notice to buy a car, not someone who already had one on order.

3) They sound like they would have sold you the car at the price THEY wanted, just not at X-plan. It had nothing to do with your age. :nono:

4) If they had spent $2K over invoice, or over MSRP, in order to attract people to their dealership, that was an investment on their part. They have a hot car and their not interested in repeat business. The only thing that went wrong here is you COULD have saved yourself some time by mentioning the X-plan in your phone call.

If there is more to the story, OK, but I didn't hear any "ageism" in your tale, and believe me, I have been the victim of same, so my sympathies are with you, in general. Try being a 22 year old married guy with child who can't rent a car on vacation sometime, it's not pretty.

Bide your time, love your Stang when it arrives, and check the fine print before you drive off.
[/b][/quote]
i understand what your saying but i did tell them about the X plan and they said no problem...only an hour drive later ..no deal i dont know if someone else had maybe beat us there and showed interests at the rate they were going to sell or what but i wasnt hiding anything...again my point here was not totally the age thing just they way they handled it. kinda like within an hour greed set in because they did know we had the x plan and i did call before we left and all was ok then ...then notta thanks for your opinion though also i called them with ford dirct on my computer screen and and verified the vin and price to assure AGAIN that the car was there and FOR SALE. And i also told him on the phone that I DID have one on order and i explained then why we were interested in going
Old 11/14/04, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@November 14, 2004, 3:50 PM

i understand what your saying but i did tell them about the X plan and they said no problem...only an hour drive later ..no deal i dont know if someone else had maybe beat us there and showed interests at the rate they were going to sell or what but i wasnt hiding anything...again my point here was not totally the age thing just they way they handled it. kinda like within an hour greed set in because they did know we had the x plan and i did call before we left and all was ok then ...then notta thanks for your opinion though also i called them with ford dirct on my computer screen and and verified the vin and price to assure AGAIN that the car was there and FOR SALE. And i also told him on the phone that I DID have one on order and i explained then why we were interested in going
Sounds like you did all you could. And they may have been ready to play the "who did you talk to?" game with you as well.

I should finally have mine in the next 2 weeks, and it was produced on 9/20.

Good luck with your car.