2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Nearly ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04, 04:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by windhamjk@November 12, 2004, 5:21 PM

Cliff notes - I was going to order today, spoke with salesmanager who does adult oriented donkey shows as a 2nd job, left dealer will be taking bidness elsewhere.
LMAO!
I think I know some of their co workers.
Old 11/12/04, 04:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by da75@November 12, 2004, 5:49 PM
Ive seen these rediculous prices advertised on Autotrader and FordDirect also. I cannnot believe those dealers are getting away with it. Around here it seems to be straight MSRP thankfully.

Will a bank even loan on a vehicle that is that much over NADA ?????
I was "speaking" with a local dealer..

After I got through asking him if he felt bad for screwing people.(no)
So I asked about what happens when they WAY overprice these, finance them(33k for a 26k car) and total them on the interstate or something....

Well these cars are worth so much, even the price we are charging over sticker is less than their value, if they wreck it they will make money.
Its not made of solid gold or something!!

That's the cliff note version.
Old 11/12/04, 04:53 PM
GT Member

Seriously if so many people are paying over sticker I need to get me a loan and start buying them locally and reselling them. I can buy mustangs at 2% over invoice all day long. heck if I could buy enough at once I could probably get less than invoice. Anyone who pays sticker or over is crazy, this is a MASS PRODUCTION car which means they are making a lot of them, and they will be for at least 4-5 years.

Anyone interested in paying over sticker PM me I'll hook you up!! I'll even sell them to you at sticker! what a deal hahahah!!!
Old 11/12/04, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jtmears@November 12, 2004, 5:56 PM
.....Anyone who pays sticker or over is crazy, this is a MASS PRODUCTION car which means they are making a lot of them, and they will be for at least 4-5 years.
EXACTLY!
Old 11/12/04, 05:45 PM
V6 Member

my local small town dealer showed me an email from another dealer that said they would buy all their gt mustangs for sticker and their v6 stang for 1000 over sticker, then he said , why should i deal with you at a discount.so i walked out.went to another dealer told him i would give him 2% over invoice. he said ok. so i ordered a redfire gt premium with interior upgrade ,bright alum wheels, 5 spd trans, active anti theft, side airbags 27897 out the door. 10 to 12 weeks for delivery
Old 11/12/04, 05:52 PM
Cobra R Member

I am paying MSRP for my pre-order GT. I have no problem paying MSRP for anything.....but I won't pay any ADM anywhere, anytime, anyway....
Old 11/12/04, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by aremann2@November 12, 2004, 4:48 PM
i ordered a redfire gt premium with interior upgrade ,bright alum wheels, 5 spd trans, active anti theft, side airbags 27897 out the door. 10 to 12 weeks for delivery
I assume the $27,897 includes tax/license fees...."out the door", right?
Old 11/12/04, 06:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 12, 2004, 5:45 PM

Well these cars are worth so much, even the price we are charging over sticker is less than their value, if they wreck it they will make money.
Winner!!! Dealer line of the week award!
Old 11/13/04, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Windham, IMO, that dealer is a total douchebag. I work at a small, family owned and operated dealer in Pa, and we honor all plans, A, X, and Z. The cars would be orders, as we don't have any GTs coming in for stock. I already have sold a Yellow GT at X-Plan, and both the customer, and myself are happy. I don't mind selling X-Plans or A/Z-plans, as this is an easy no-hassle sale, and you make friends in the process. The gemlteman who is getting this Mustang is soo excited, and I am to, to sell it to him. The big thing is that when he meets up with a fellow 05 Mustang owner, and the conversation gets to how much did you pay, our dealership and myself will look good compared to the dealer where he bought from who may have added $1000s to the MSRP, making that owner hate his dealer, and that dealer may lose potential future business.

You did the right thing when you walked out. If he just was honest and said that they didn't want to sell any Mustangs using plans, thats fine, but don't assume, and incinuate, and flat out lie, saying that NO DEALER is selling these under any plans.
If you ask me, sounds like he needed a kick in the ding-ding.

I have told two potential customers that we order X-Plan on these, and they will be ordering later this year, and don't mind the 10-16 week wait, as the weather is getiting colder, and snow is bound to start soon. So when these come in, it may be late Febuary or March, with spring just around the corner. Perfect time for the car.
So to end, just use the internet, or call every Ford dealer near you, as one is bound to honor a plan. Just wanted to add my .02 cents.
Old 11/13/04, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Man I need to find a decent dealer here in L.A. All the dealers I've contacted are full of scumbags!! :angry:
Old 11/13/04, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

i liked the cliff notes version better
Old 11/13/04, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats to you Jon! Sit in the bush and wait! patience my friend, patience!
Old 11/13/04, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 12, 2004, 4:27 PM
Yay, people are smrat!!!!!111

Old 11/13/04, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer I ordered mine through does not have a high allocation at all and they had no problem selling me mine on x-plan
Old 11/13/04, 07:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford allotments have NOTHING to do with selling price of vehicles anyway. But for the other info, if you do not know the answer, say I DONT KNOW. I hate people that just make up. :nono:

For that bs, he gets the kick in the ding ding award, no excuse for that
Old 11/13/04, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+November 12, 2004, 7:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05GT-O.C.D. @ November 12, 2004, 7:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@November 12, 2004, 5:45 PM

[/b][/quote]
Nah, I've got an even better one...

My mom was on the phone with some dealership in southern VA today (not sure which one) and the guy there proceeded to tell her, when she inquired about the Mustang GT's, that they weren't going to be making the GT models until the first of the year, but they had plenty of V6's she could come in and look at, maybe she could find her "color". She informed him that she had seen several GTs on the road and her daughter had one on order, and he told her that she must be mistaken, because they weren't producing them yet...quote "You must have gotten confused"

Old 11/13/04, 08:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by VT05@November 13, 2004, 8:53 PM

Nah, I've got an even better one...

My mom was on the phone with some dealership in southern VA today (not sure which one) and the guy there proceeded to tell her, when she inquired about the Mustang GT's, that they weren't going to be making the GT models until the first of the year, but they had plenty of V6's she could come in and look at, maybe she could find her "color". She informed him that she had seen several GTs on the road and her daughter had one on order, and he told her that she must be mistaken, because they weren't producing them yet...quote "You must have gotten confused"

[/quote]
For cars that are in such 'high demand,' they sure are pushing the ones on the lot pretty hard. I think the dealers ordered the 05's based on the mix of '04's they sold and incorretly projected the demand for the 05. I mean, if in 04 70% of all Mustangs sold were V6's, they figured: Well, we'll just order a bunch of V6's since that's what people want to buy. I don't think they anticipated the image of this as an old-new muscle car vs. sporty transportation. I think there's a similar story to be told for the IUP. Oh well, I wish your mom luck in finding one in 'her color.'
Old 11/13/04, 09:15 PM

this is a post i did a few days ago on a story that happend to me and my wife its under Sorry long Rant
Sorry but i just thought some here would like to know specially in Florida. I do in fact have a stang on order but tonight on Ford direct i seen a stang that had everything i wanted except for the 1000 watt shaker so i figured i would go and purchase this car and just add a better system later. At any rate the dealer ship is SunCoast Ford in Port Richey Fl. about an hour drive for me and my wife so i did the smart thing and called ahead of time to see if they had it they said yes and they would sell it to me tonight. So (very excited) me and my wife drove all the way there and there she was a Black GT in the detail shop. We started telling them why we were there how we have a car on order they said WHY are you here then. I told them the obvious why wait when i can get allmost everything i want now. So all is going good the salesman is talking NICELY then i bring up the fact we have an X plan. Its allmost like i cursed his mom. He then tells me why should we sell you this car for X plan when we can get 2,000 over MSRP tomorrow I said so what your saying is the car was for sale until i mentioned the X plan. He walks off. So now me and my wife go inside and i ask to talk to the Sales manager and told him how we were treated. they start telling me that you wont get a X plan for like 6 to 8 months i said we allready did i have a car on order for X plan his reply thats why you dont have it yet.So then they start telling me that they got the car from some auction and they paid 2000 more over so they have to get there money back. I am 28 my wife 27 i said do we just not look like we can afford this car or what. done they were just done they told us to go to Brandon Ford maybe they will have something. I told him that i researched Ford direct and YOU guys have the car i am looking for not them. HE just walks off. sorry for the long rant but just couldnt take it SO close to having everything i wanted but yet so Far.
Old 11/13/04, 09:27 PM
I lust for a M24

Yep, I 'talked' to you about that post. My wife and I 25/27 had the same problem. I ordered mine today, but made a few phone calls first, worked part of the deal over the phone in my deepest voice. This time, when I got there the dealer knew I was serious about buying the car. It worked... it's on it's way! (I hope)
Old 11/13/04, 09:52 PM

you know even though a person may be young or just look young or whatever everyone should be taken seriously.....me and my wife one time had a guy say he wouldnt even do a credit check on us because he felt it would be a waste....i thought i was going to blow up we ended up buying the same vehicle else where and drove there to see him just honked and waved ....

Quick Reply: Nearly ordered today