2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Nearly ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04, 03:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

So I went to the local "big volume" big hype blah blah blah Ford dealer today. They had a Mustang GT (it was the darker colored red), shaker 500, tan interior , and unfortunately it was the auto :notnice: .

Anyway at first they wanted to deal on the car and I told them well I won't talk numbers on anything before I drive it. They said, "well we don't test drive the Mustang until we have a deal on it."

At that point I stuck out my hand and said, "Well I understand and thank you for your time but this is where I leave. I refuse to even think about committing myself to a car I haven't driven." I got up to leave but somehow I found myself behind the steering wheel of the car 2 minutes later.

Anyway I really liked the car and I must admit the auto is lightyears ahead of what it used to be, but I really want the manual. So I went back in to see about ordering and this where it got silly.

Me - I'd like to see about ordering a Mustang.

Sales Manager - Well I have an allocation of 23 and I've sold 18 but I have 5 more coming.

Me - Well I think I want a Black GT, 5 speed.

SM - I have a black on the way

Me - without a rear spoiler

SM - You can not get a Black GT without a rear spoiler

Me - Yes you can.

SM - No you can't.

Me - I have the order guide from Ford at home on my PC and yes you can.

SM - Oh well yeah if you do a "special order".

Me - Well isn't that what we're talking about?

SM - Oh uhhh well we need a $500 deposit that will apply to the vehicle cost when you take delivery and then we just need to sit down and go over the options you do or do not want and come to agreement on a price. Ofcourse you realize that there is a dealer markup above MSRP on the Mustangs, don't you?

Me - Not if you sell me one. I will not pay even MSRP on a car that every dealer in town will have 20 of on their lot in another 4-6 months. Anyway I should tell you that my company is owned by Ford, I qualify for A plan pricing and I spoke with your internet sales manager over the phone who told me you guys will honor it.

SM - Oh I'm sorry, she was mistaken.

Me -

SM - It's just business. If I do A plan well I lose one of my allocation and Ford won't ship me as many. See I have to sell all 23 at sticker or above and then on my next allocation Ford will double and send me 46. So I can do A plan then, that would be about March. But maybe we could negotiate a price you'd like today?

Me - It's just business for me too. I can drive an hour and get A plan today. I came to you because you're close to my home. Seeing that it's just business I hope you understand that there is no way I will let you convince me to pay thousands more to buy from you.

SM - Oh well no dealer in the country is doing A or X plan on these cars.

Me - Okay thanks by.

Cliff notes - I was going to order today, spoke with salesmanager who does adult oriented donkey shows as a 2nd job, left dealer will be taking bidness elsewhere.
Old 11/12/04, 03:24 PM
GT Member

No way! You gotta e-mail him a few pages from this site showing the many many people that HAVE purchased at a and x plans and from dealers in THIS country at that. What a douche bag!!!!!
Old 11/12/04, 03:24 PM
Banned

Yay, people are smrat!!!!!111

Old 11/12/04, 03:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@November 12, 2004, 4:27 PM
No way! You gotta e-mail him a few pages from this site showing the many many people that HAVE purchased at a and x plans and from dealers in THIS country at that. What a douche bag!!!!!
I thought about that, but I mean it won't change anything. He has the right to choose what price he will sell at. I can't force the dealer to honor A plan. I just have to drive a bit further and find one that will.

I just wish they would be honest upfront. If you won't honor A plan then just tell me that over the phone. No reason to lie to get me to come in and then waste my time and theirs.
Old 11/12/04, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 12, 2004, 4:27 PM
Yay, people are smart!!!!!111

:scratch:

What do you mean by that??
Old 11/12/04, 03:32 PM
GT Member

You know, it's not even the fact that dealers won't sell at a discount that really bothers me. It is the attitude that they take and the way that they go about doing it that bothers me. When the dealer says no we won't sell at A or X plan, that is just great because it's his business and he can run it as he sees fit but when he says stuff like no other dealer in the country is selling at A or X plan then he crosses the line. When dealers say stuff like that I think they are trying to justify their actions to themselves.
Old 11/12/04, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Bad Experience: I was in my local "Volume" dealer when the '05s started arriving in Houston. They had a "Market Adjustment" of $5500. It was in the middle of the Astro's game, so no one was really paying attention to me. Then a guy asked if I was ready to take it home (Windveil Blue GT, manual with all the goodies). I told him not at that price. He said that's the price and walked away to continue watching the game.

Good Experience: Took my F-150 to my local "family" dealership (a smaller operation with better service dept and customer service in general). I was playing in a loaded Sonic Blue V6 when a sales guy approached me. He asked if I was ready to take it home. I said I would be waiting to order mine in April. He asked why. I explained I was buying it for a graduation present to myself, and wanted to get done with school first. That was the only time he asked me about purchasing. For the remainder of the time, we talked back and forth about the car. He gave me info, and I gave him info. We talked about SEMA, and etc. I will be going back to him when I order mine.

Dealership plug: Bay Area Ford in Webster, TX rocks (outside of houston in the Clear Lake area). Jim was the guy that helped me. Incidentally, this is where I bought my '01, I ordered it as well.
Old 11/12/04, 03:37 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@November 12, 2004, 4:35 PM
You know, it's not even the fact that dealers won't sell at a discount that really bothers me. It is the attitude that they take and the way that they go about doing it that bothers me. When the dealer says no we won't sell at A or X plan, that is just great because it's his business and he can run it as he sees fit but when he says stuff like no other dealer in the country is selling at A or X plan then he crosses the line. When dealers say stuff like that I think they are trying to justify their actions to themselves.
Yeah I agree but I am not gonna dwell on it and get myself all worked up. I mean down here in Texas it seems like there is a Ford dealer on every corner so I'm not gonna worry about one store, I know I can get what I want somewhere else. One dealer told me that they will definitely do A plan but I wanted to buy close to home. Maybe I just need to stop being lazy and drive across town to them and order.

Plus if I can't find one here in Houston I know I can drive out to the country and order through a dealer I worked for during college and get A plan.
Old 11/12/04, 03:38 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rogue6@November 12, 2004, 4:37 PM
Bad Experience: I was in my local "Volume" dealer when the '05s started arriving in Houston. They had a "Market Adjustment" of $5500. It was in the middle of the Astro's game, so no one was really paying attention to me. Then a guy asked if I was ready to take it home (Windveil Blue GT, manual with all the goodies). I told him not at that price. He said that's the price and walked away to continue watching the game.

Good Experience: Took my F-150 to my local "family" dealership (a smaller operation with better service dept and customer service in general). I was playing in a loaded Sonic Blue V6 when a sales guy approached me. He asked if I was ready to take it home. I said I would be waiting to order mine in April. He asked why. I explained I was buying it for a graduation present to myself, and wanted to get done with school first. That was the only time he asked me about purchasing. For the remainder of the time, we talked back and forth about the car. He gave me info, and I gave him info. We talked about SEMA, and etc. I will be going back to him when I order mine.

Dealership plug: Bay Area Ford in Webster, TX rocks (outside of houston in the Clear Lake area). Jim was the guy that helped me. Incidentally, this is where I bought my '01, I ordered it as well.
You're "bad experience" wasn't at a dealer off I-45 in Spring was it?
Old 11/12/04, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by windhamjk+November 12, 2004, 6:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (windhamjk @ November 12, 2004, 6:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@November 12, 2004, 4:27 PM

What do you mean by that?? [/b][/quote]
I mean the dealer is a moron for saying things like "no one will give you a-plan"
Old 11/12/04, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Just went to local dealer they would not except my X plan and their adjusted market value is 10,000 on the GT. The saleman told me they were getting about 4,000 over sticker after all said and done. So they are getting 30,000 plus for GTs.
Old 11/12/04, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+November 12, 2004, 4:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ November 12, 2004, 4:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by windhamjk@November 12, 2004, 6:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale
@November 12, 2004, 4:27 PM

What do you mean by that??
I mean the dealer is a moron for saying things like "no one will give you a-plan" [/b][/quote]
Oh yeah.

Eh I just have to look elsewhere.
Old 11/12/04, 03:44 PM
GT Member

No. My experience was at a dealership on 1-45 south. Champion...also monkey goal loving fools. This is the second time they have lost my business. Both times they lost it to Bay Area Ford.
Old 11/12/04, 03:46 PM
V6 Member

Ive seen these rediculous prices advertised on Autotrader and FordDirect also. I cannnot believe those dealers are getting away with it. Around here it seems to be straight MSRP thankfully.

Will a bank even loan on a vehicle that is that much over NADA ?????
Old 11/12/04, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by tangs3@November 12, 2004, 4:44 PM
Just went to local dealer they would not except my X plan and their adjusted market value is 10,000 on the GT. The saleman told me they were getting about 4,000 over sticker after all said and done. So they are getting 30,000 plus for GTs.
Thats what this place told me. They said they were selling all their GT's for 30 grand.

I mean I really want one but honestly they will be everywhere (at least down here) in another 3-6 months and the dealers will have to negotiate hard and Ford will end up doing incentives and rebates. I am not naive I worked in the business for over a year as a car salesman and I have atleast 3 years of work history in working for dealerships all together. They will make as many Mustangs as that factory will produce and they will have unsold 2005's when the 2006's come out. If I am wrong I will be very amazed.

So no way will I pay thousands more just to have the first in my neighborhood and then have my neighbor buy one 4 months late and pay thousands less. :nono:

I can wait. I do not need a new Mustang right now. I won't be driving it to work - thats what my old truck is for. My wife is getting either a Taurus or a Ford 500 so she will have her own car. So I am not in a position where I have to get it now. If the dealers want to play games, I'll just wait until they are in a position to meet my demands.
Old 11/12/04, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by da75@November 12, 2004, 4:49 PM
Ive seen these rediculous prices advertised on Autotrader and FordDirect also. I cannnot believe those dealers are getting away with it. Around here it seems to be straight MSRP thankfully.

Will a bank even loan on a vehicle that is that much over NADA ?????
From my experience I'd say a bank will not laon over NADA because it puts them in a bad spot. Maybe if you are a 750+ beacon, I dunno. I think the majority of the banks I dealt with would not buy the deal.

Maybe Ford Motor Credit would.

Rogue6- I can tell you some stories about "Champion" dealers. They printed my paychecks for a year or so.
Old 11/12/04, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Ford credit will finance the adjusted market value in a "heartbeat".
Old 11/12/04, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by lodom@November 12, 2004, 5:02 PM
Ford credit will finance the adjusted market value in a "heartbeat".
hehehe very clever!
Old 11/12/04, 04:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
jeeze you guys are getting slow:

Old 11/12/04, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@November 12, 2004, 5:12 PM
jeeze you guys are getting slow:

Hey where are you at? You sell Ford's don't ya?

Maybe I could make a vacation out of it. :scratch:

Quick Reply: Nearly ordered today