2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

my car is dead.... but im not!

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/06, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jay,

I'm glad you (and eveyone else) made it out in (mostly) one piece! Good lucking getting things settled with your car.
Old 4/27/06, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are OK--looking forward to more of your road course stories when the stang is back on the road! That said, given that you were rear ended, her insurance company should do everything in their power to settle this quickly and keep you happy in the process (i.e. just get you that new Saleen Parnelli Jones edition!).
Old 4/27/06, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tkogt @ April 26, 2006, 11:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
120 th and L

matt are you from omaha?

if so, could you pick me up and drive me around for a wile???? j/k
but i do miss my ride!!!

jay
[/b][/quote]

Glad to hear you are ok. I would drive you around, but I'd have to drive 5-1/2 hours to get there first. I live in a southern suburb of St. Paul (capital of the state where nothing is allowed). I lived my first 27 years in Omaha, Peony Park area, before moving here 7 years ago. When I was back for Easter, I was just amazed at 114th and Dodge area with the roads they are putting in. Omaha has done alot for there roads systems. Complete opposite of the Twin Cities. If there ever was a Omaha Mustang reunion, I'd consider coming down. Just look for me, I'll be the person with the Huskers hat on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 01:35 PM
GT Member

We are all afraid of this kind of thing, I live in LA, and loving your car makes it even harder. You'll get back to paradise. Good fortune you didn't visit Vallhalla. Good luck with the process, hope it happens fast, Erik
Old 4/29/06, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

the cars at auto body concepts

they are going to fix it and leave me hanging with a brand new wrecked car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

i told the adjuster if they had to fix it that i wanted a new unibody and he said no way" its totaly repairable"

mike (the owner of the shop) said that his guys could work wonders and that the adjuster knows it, and thats why he wont total the car.

i went yesterday and checked it out, they have the rails straightened out, and in doing so the quarters unbuckeled most of the way.( i could'nt beleive how good the rails looked, other than flaked paint you would never know they were bent!)

mike said the are going to replace the rear panel and the trunk floor, and that there would be no body filler in the quarters( they are going to let me inspect before primer and paint )

mrs tko told me to get the gunmetel stripes painted on and to get my steeda race wing and cdc classic ordered! she also said that if the check for my personal body damage will cover it to get my saleen blower and cam kit!

the whole thing really sucks. so if im stuck with the car i have to make the best of it, and i trust the guys at autobody concepts when they say that i wont be able to tell its been wrecked when thier done with it.

so here i sit drinking a beer through a straw( i can't tip my head back far enough....)
wondering how its all going to turn out.

thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement, its good to know that you guys care!!!

and im up for a local get together any time, well after the 18 th, anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

jay
Old 4/30/06, 07:44 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad you are ok man..but that car will never be the same again
Old 5/1/06, 08:26 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwede @ April 27, 2006, 7:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'd be up for some of that. I work in Omaha, LaVista actually.
[/b][/quote]
hey i live in bellevue too and havent seen you around; i will keep looking
Old 5/1/06, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your OK hope the car turns out OK also. I got hit last Friday (4/28) she was going about 15MPH, merging lanes and thought I already went ahead. I was taking the family truck to inspection and on my way back it happened. I am REALLY glad it was the truck and not the Mustang, minor damage to the bumper and the duals in the truck speared right through her front bumper. Neck still kinda hurts when I look in certain driections. Well, again good luck and hope everything goes well for you.