Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats!!!!
Old 3/28/05, 06:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Beautiful, sums it up in one word!! Congrats!!

P.S. C'mon Mom.....just one little burnout....please!!
Old 3/28/05, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats RRRoamer!

I wish your mom was working at the dealership I got my car from... I told the salesman at least 3 times before the car came NOT to drill front license plate holes, and when I came in to see it before the PDI, I reminded him one last time not to drill the holes. The minute I reminded him that last time, he goes, "uh oh," and runs off to the PDI area. He came back hanging his head, saying "too late." Arggghhh! :bang:

Other than that, I have no complaints about my salesman. He was the only one in the dealership willing to order the car in the first place - the other salesmen, as well as the sales manager, all told me the car couldn't be ordered [back in December 2004] because of the IUP hold.

Anyway, good luck on your purchase. Can't wait to hear how you like her!
Old 3/28/05, 06:33 PM

Well Im still waiting for my car. The system now says there is no status available for the information provided. It was shipped on convoy march 3rd. LOL as I type that now it makes me laugh on how long it takes to ship a car. Oh well all has been doing around here is raining.

That would be great to get a chance to take pictures of car on the convoy.
Old 3/28/05, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

Here's some nanners for you

Congratulations! and enjoy! Post those interior pix!
Old 3/28/05, 07:24 PM
FR500 Member

Nuff said
Old 3/28/05, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've already reminded my Sis that she needs to take her Nikon N80 and her Nikon digital camera when we go to Alamogordo. I'm sure I'll have more pics than ANY of you will want to look at when it is all said and done! I'm sure ready to see her. I have not seen a Torch red (or any other red) car with ICAP and IUP yet, so I HOPE it looks as good together as I THINK it will. I'm sure I'll let you know!
Old 3/31/05, 11:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A bit of an update ladies and gents, I have now been in possesion of my car for 28 hours. I drove off the lot yesterday at 7pm. And it was GOOOOODDDD!!!!

The torch red goes with the ICAP and IUP just like I thought it would. Beautiful. I've had a lot of very positive comments on it already (including several from other salesman at the dealership wanting to know why the dealship never got cars like that in that were not already sold).

A few observations:

1) (and I am PERFECTLY willing to admit I am NOT unbiased in the least here!!!!) This is the fourth 05 GT I have driven. Two autos and two sticks. My car is definitely the strongest. I think it has to do with how I broke it in (other posts I have chimed in on my opions on proper break-in). When I first got and started the break-in, I did not notice any real difference. After getting it about 1/2 broke in (per my schedule), I really started to notice how much stronger it was running. It is just a GOOD running 05! Luck? Or break-in? I don't care! Of course, it could also just be because I WANT it to be a strong car. I try not to ever fool myself, but I bet it does happen time to time...

2) I bet I have the record for signing paper work, driving off with car, to having permanent plates bolted on the back: 24 hours! Once again, the ladies at the office REALLY came through and got the paper work done in record time! Just for the record, I have NO bad experiences with this purchase and this dealer (Vision Ford in Alamagorodo New Mexico). None. At all.

3) The regional rep (region include Colorado) told purchasing manager (he orders the cars and makes sure everything is flowing smoothly from Ford) that Vision Ford is the FIRST dealer in his region to use D plan on an 05. The first car was a V6 sold to one of there security guards a few months ago and there second one (and first GT) is my baby. I made sure to look up the owner and thank him for letting me use D plan on this deal. He thanked ME for doing business there! That caught me off guard actually... Again, great people to do business with. And they really take care of their employees as we.

4) The paint looked very good right off the lot. But it looks a LOT better (better than I expected actually) after the wash/clay bar/ Zaino polish. I currently only have one coat of
Z-5 on it (second coat will be polished off in the morning), but it looks much better and the paint is so SMOOTH. I'm hooked. All the prep work took a while, but the layers of Zaino went on (and off) very easy and very quickly. Nice.

5) It is VERY hard to keep the rear tires tracking straight. I think my tires must be defective or something... I wonder if the cops will accept that as a REASON for the back end fish tailing around as I leave a light. I mean, the traction control was on!

6) Sorry, but no pics yet! My Mom only has dial up! I sent a few pics to my cousin (he has a VERY nice 69 Mach 1) last night and it took over an hour.... I'll upload the new pictures Sunday, when I get back home.

7) The $1500 or so is going to go into this car WAY faster than I originally anticipated... Programmer. Lowering springs. Tinting. CAI. Stereo improvements....