2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My baby has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/05, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally! I know my wait wasn't nearly as long as some folks (and I am VERY grateful for that!), but my baby is at the dealer now. It showed up today around noon.

Mine was the first Torch Red and the first IUP + ACAP car this dealer has received, and it got a lot of very favorable comments from folks at the dealer and even the convoy truck driver!

Unfortunately, this is all according to my Mom! She works at the dealer and she was nice enough to take pictures of them unloading and preping the car. I can't wait to get my hands on them. I won't be able to get to Alamogordo (about 3 hours away) until Wednesday the 30th. The wait so far hasn't been too bad, but I have a feeling the next four days are going stink. And Wednesday morning is REALLY going to drag on!

The nice thing is I am taking my Zaino Ultimate car care kit and give it a good bath and polish before I drive it home. My Mom's garage/shop is a WHOLE lot better than what I have at home (aka: driveway!). At the very least, my car is going to shine while heading home.

Now I just have to figure out how I can get that thing broken in without getting pulled over...

Needless to say, when I get my hands on the unload pics, I'll post them.

PS: one comment my Mom made when they started the car up to unload it: "Oh, that sounds like a Clint car!"
Old 3/25/05, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!! Lucky dog! Im very Happy for you.

Just venting,
I dont undertsand mine was shipped by convoy on the 3rd of march. All I can say is good job Ford. I can understand the allocation problems, but I cant understand the BS of cars already built not being shipped in a timely manner. What do you guys think?
Old 3/25/05, 08:52 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks.

That is kind of wierd that your car isn't there yet. Mine was shipped on the 15th. I wasn't even expecting it for another week. Well, whatever the delay, I hope your ride shows up safe and sound soon!
Old 3/25/05, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by mingreygt2005@March 25, 2005, 9:40 PM

Just venting,
I dont undertsand mine was shipped by convoy on the 3rd of march. All I can say is good job Ford. I can understand the allocation problems, but I cant understand the BS of cars already built not being shipped in a timely manner. What do you guys think?
hey there as you can see by my sig I went through the same thing. I was shipped by convoy on the 4th and stayed that way forever till I went to my dealership and asked them to call the VOPC in front of me to get the most up to date info. Well when they did I found out my car just did get put on a rail on the 22nd. So from the 4th till the 22nd my car was sitting in limbo. I even got an ETA date of the 14th-21st and when that came and gone I got nervous. So go check in with your dealer and make sure they stay on top of things. Best of luck
Old 3/25/05, 08:57 PM

Thank you RRRoamer I apreciate that!! Maybe your nice words will bring me some luck! Enjoy your ride!

mingreygt2005
Old 3/25/05, 09:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations RRRoamer on you new Mustang and here's this to boot ...Get some shots if you can
Old 3/25/05, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by mustangshadow+March 25, 2005, 9:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangshadow @ March 25, 2005, 9:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mingreygt2005@March 25, 2005, 9:40 PM

Just venting,
hey there as you can see by my sig I went through the same thing. I was shipped by convoy on the 4th and stayed that way forever till I went to my dealership and asked them to call the VOPC in front of me to get the most up to date info. Well when they did I found out my car just did get put on a rail on the 22nd. So from the 4th till the 22nd my car was sitting in limbo. I even got an ETA date of the 14th-21st and when that came and gone I got nervous. So go check in with your dealer and make sure they stay on top of things. Best of luck
[/b][/quote]
Thank you for the info mustangshadow. My dealer is Fred Fred from ALLFORDMUSTANG. He is a well respected dealer at that board. So im letting him handle it. I dont want to bother him. Im sure he has already checked it out. He probably just hasnt let me know. He might be on vacation for easter.
Old 3/25/05, 09:08 PM

it was kinda my worst fear I kept telling my wife after my ETA came and gone that what if this whole time it was sitting in the holding lot still. Sure enough it was. So as unhappy I was at that point I was still happy to at least know she is moving again. If you have a dealer that keeps on top of things that is great needless to say my dealer isnt.
Old 3/26/05, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

That just has to be yanking your chain! You waited all this time to get your car scheduled and finally built, only to have it get delayed (or delayed somemore as the case is) in shipping! I'd be going nuts. I think I just got very lucky.

And as for pictures, I won't have any until Monday. The lady at the dealer that took the photos didn't have time to get them uploaded and emailed. I won't be there to pick it up until Wednesday... But rest assured, I will post PLENTY of pictures eventually! Once I get the first thousand or so miles out of my system...
Old 3/26/05, 11:08 AM

Cant wait for the picks. Make sure to take some of the interior. The color accent package is perfect for torch red.
Old 3/26/05, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

i couldnt resist sorry
Old 3/26/05, 06:46 PM

Im with ya on that one!! give us some pics for entertainment!

Old 3/28/05, 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

Ok! Finally! First image of my car: Getting ready to come off the truck at Vision Ford in Alamogordo:

And unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, this will be the only image until tonight!

PS: NOW it is getting hard to wait.....
Old 3/28/05, 03:52 PM
GT Member

congrats
Old 3/28/05, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Congrats!! Nice GT. When are you picking it up? Get some more pics!!!
Old 3/28/05, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Enjoy your new life and stang!!

Matt
Old 3/28/05, 04:10 PM
FR500 Member

I WANNA GET A PIC OF MY CAR WHEN IT COMES OFF THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i better inform my dealer
Old 3/28/05, 05:07 PM
Cobra Member

A few more pics....

My Mom with my car:

Through the windshield, seats still wrapped up:

Tied down nice and tight:

Wheels just hitting the ground:

And finally, it (very much temporary!) new home:

I'll be taking off at noon on Wednesday to go pick it up. It showed up Friday afternoon, but the family already had plans, so I went ahead and held off until my original pick up time (ok, moved up by half a day...). I can't wait!
Old 3/28/05, 05:26 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I see your mom wore a matching shirt for the occasion RRRoamer nice touch and the red on red with bullets ...just killer
Old 3/28/05, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Pure luck on the matching shirt. The car was originally scheduled to arrive on Saturday, but for some reason, it came in a day early.

The REALLY cool thing about having my mom at the dealer: She is riding them HARD to make sure it is perfect when I pick it up! She evens tells the lot boys which ones get to drive my car (to move it to the inspection bay, to the cleaning bay, back to holding, etc.) and let's them know of the dire consequences if they screw up my car in any way. I reminded her that I really don't want the dealer badge on the car, so she when right over to the detail bay to remind the guys NOT to put it on.

I WAS generous though! I told her if she wanted to be the first one to drive it for real (around the lot doesn't count), she could. The only condition was that she had to do a smoking burnout (I gave her instructions on how to do it to) and she had to have someone take pictures for me. Mom declined.

Quick Reply: My baby has arrived!