Old 1/13/07, 04:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now this is a cheap, plastic interior:

Old 1/13/07, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davisinla
I think the premier trim package (if that's what it's called) with the covered and stitched dash panel, console cover and arm rests adds a lot - looks real nice in dark charcoal leather and gray dash panel.

Just my two cents, YMMV.
I thought about adding that to my car, but after talked to Kevin he told me that the stitched dash panel (one on the top of the dash) is only available with the complete dash assembly.
Cost would be in the $1200 range and he said you would probably end up with rattles in the dash if the change was made.
Old 1/13/07, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.

Old 1/13/07, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my interior!
Attached Thumbnails Mustang Interior Observation....-n.-dash_edited.jpg   Mustang Interior Observation....-n.-f.-mat_edited.jpg  
Old 1/13/07, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AGBULLIT
I love my interior!

awesome job with the accents! interior looks $1million!!!!!

i drove expensive euro cars... yr. 00-03' benz, bimmer, audi's....

and i'm not at all bothered by Mustang Interior
Old 1/13/07, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the premier trim package (if that's what it's called) with the covered and stitched dash panel, console cover and arm rests adds a lot - looks real nice in dark charcoal leather and gray dash panel.

Just my two cents, YMMV.
I have the PTP package and it's definitely worth the $$$.
Old 1/13/07, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, my interior is stock. I have the Premier Trim package and the interior upgrade package.

Interior Upgrade Package
(Includes leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes, bright polished register rings, bright shift ****, satin aluminum-plated door handles, special new bright polished six-gauge cluster with MyColor feature and message center, satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright MUSTANG lettering insert and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts.)

Premier Trim Package
(Includes wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow and center console lid, bright shift ****, upgraded door armrests with stitching and aluminum pedal covers.)
Old 1/13/07, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Mustang Interior is clean and very comfortable!
Old 1/13/07, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i do not know why people complain about not being able to see the guages, i see mine perfectly well and i think if you put white faced or silver guages they would be really hard to see during the day and bright as hel
Old 1/13/07, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I have the PTP package and it's definitely worth the $$$.
Originally Posted by AGBULLIT
I have the Premier Trim package and the interior upgrade package.
Do you guys have a solid charcoal interior?
Old 1/13/07, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
yes completely.

the 993 is much much worse than the New stangs..

the 996 911's are worse...very very basic....

so, i personally dont know why auto critics trash on the mustang interior.

i like it a lot
Because its a Ford and Fords are the automotive world's punching bag at the moment.
Old 1/13/07, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.

Crazy part of this is THIS interior is better than some recent GM interiors.

They are making progress though.

Old 1/13/07, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't have any problem seeing the gauges with the top down and the bright summer Florida sun above.
Old 1/13/07, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Mustang interior doesn't hold a candle to a 996 Porshce. My friend has a 996 TT and I've been in a few Carreras. You must be smoking some good stuff.
Old 1/13/07, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hello all..

i love my mustang interior.

Its clean, easy...no frills and all the unnecessary tech stuff that MOST people do not need.

I was looking at 993 and 996 Porsche 911's about 2 years ago and let me say that those cars were about $80K range and this Mustang interior is SO much nicer!!!!!

thanks all !
Hey guys - let's try to bring these forums back down to reality. Just because your Mustang is the same color as your Barbie's dream car Mustang that you grew up with - doesn't mean it's the best car in the world.

What a joke !!!
Old 1/13/07, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
Are you on something ?

The flat black, plastic interior along with not being able to see the dash gauges during the day has been a major source of complaints from many different sources, Ford has agreed and stated the interior will get a major review during the next upgrade of the Mustang.

But here again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I understand what you're saying.

Since the majority are dark charcoal this is probably not going to be a popular position. I have no idea what Ford was going for with the Mustang and Fusion's dark interiors. I tried them out at the dealership and they just looked cheap. All the texture mismatches look like the parts came from different suppliers that wouldn't share their plans.

As to not being able to see the instruments, on my first test drive I hit the rev limiter because I got temporarily blinded by sunlight reflecting off the chrome instrument rings.

I ended up going with the crimson interior which I thought I would hate. Quite the oposite happened. It breaks things up and for whatever reason feels refreshing.
Old 1/13/07, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Outlander
I understand what you're saying.

Since the majority are dark charcoal this is probably not going to be a popular position. I have no idea what Ford was going for with the Mustang and Fusion's dark interiors. I tried them out at the dealership and they just looked cheap. All the texture mismatches look like the parts came from different suppliers that wouldn't share their plans.

As to not being able to see the instruments, on my first test drive I hit the rev limiter because I got temporarily blinded by sunlight reflecting off the chrome instrument rings.

I ended up going with the crimson interior which I thought I would hate. Quite the oposite happened. It breaks things up and for whatever reason feels refreshing.
I have to admit that the first time I drove an 05 Mustang (it was at one of the Ford Innovation Drives) back in the Summer of 04 I had a problem with the gauge display for whatever reason, but since the day I got my car (2 years and close to 19,000 miles) I haven't had a single problem reading them (gauges).
I have the light graphite leather interior w/ the IUP (chrome instrument rings). The top of the dash is dark charcoal, but the rest is either grey w/ the silver trim panal. And I have NO complaints w/ the car inside or out.
Old 1/14/07, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Do you guys have a solid charcoal interior?
Mine is, I wanted the top color and interior color to match. I didn't really like any of the color combos with tan top/interior, plus when I ordered it I intended it to be a summer/winter daily driver and I was really concerned about being able to keep a tan top clean in the winter. Turns out I ended up changing my mind about driving it in the winter and I love the look of the black cloth top vs. the tan or black vinyl tops. In any event, the interior hard plastic pieces, like the glove box, lower dash, and most of the door panels, still look cheap.....but the PTP helps a lot....and we all have to remember that these cars can go out the door for $25K or less, so I think it's all acceptable in that context. Plus, who on this board doesn't look back and smile ever time they walk away from their car?
Old 1/14/07, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

i love my mustang interior but...

i just checked out a 2005 Pontiac GTO and i think the GTO interior has the edge over the Mustang.

I feels richer and more lush.

I like the simplicity of the Mustang interior better though.
Old 1/14/07, 12:36 PM
GT Member

I love the interior of these cars everything is so intuitive and easy to use the only thing i don't like about the interior is the non telescoping wheel.

Quick Reply: Mustang Interior Observation....