2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Key Chain Pager

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/05, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a post awile back and I can't find it. Someone had a Key Chain Pager that will page you if your alarm goes off. Anyone know where to get one?

I wonder if the one they sell for motorcycles would work? I did a search on ebay but most come with remote starters. It would be good to have something that works with the factory alarm.
Old 5/6/05, 11:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Robyn,

Is this what you're looking for?

Commando Pager
Old 5/6/05, 11:13 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Robyn, I think it was me... it came with my AudioVox alarm. I posted a pic of my pager, and I love it! The problem is... I dont know the model of my alarm, LOL

I have to take it back to the guy and reset my sensors, I will ask him for all the info on it. It wasnt too pricey either, about the same as the Active Anti-Theft from the factory.

Just re-read your post, I dont think you can get one to work with your factory alarm. You would have to go after market... I think, dont quote me on it though!
Old 5/6/05, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 6, 2005, 11:10 AM
Robyn,

Is this what you're looking for?

Commando Pager

That's very interesting, I printed it out to show the local car electronics guy. Not a bad price either! Thanks
Old 5/6/05, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 6, 2005, 11:16 AM
Robyn, I think it was me... it came with my AudioVox alarm. I posted a pic of my pager, and I love it! The problem is... I dont know the model of my alarm, LOL

I have to take it back to the guy and reset my sensors, I will ask him for all the info on it. It wasnt too pricey either, about the same as the Active Anti-Theft from the factory.

Just re-read your post, I dont think you can get one to work with your factory alarm. You would have to go after market... I think, dont quote me on it though!

Yes, now I remember! I tried going to Audiovox site and it was down. I already have the stock alarm so if I don't have to buy a new system that would be great. Thanks!
Old 5/6/05, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just don't get a Viper. My wife and I have one on her Element. Way overpriced and they don't like to cover them. We had some problems with the car starting by itself and they didn't want to do anything about at first until I waived the little warranty under their noses.

AudioVox is supposed to be really good. Theres a place around here that will instal the entire alarm system for cheaper than the viper
Old 5/6/05, 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You're welcome Robyn! Anytime!

Yeah it looks like a good product and the price discount is huge. I found out a coworker of mine owns a wholesale electronic shop with her husband. I'm asking her about it too. I'll let you know their take on it and what experience, if any, they've had with the product/manufacturer.
Old 5/6/05, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK update: they saw the Millenium pager at the CES in Vegas and said the quality is not very good nor does it get it's 1/2 mile range like it claims. He suggested a similiar product from Crimestopper, model CM-2500, $89. It's the same thing just a better quality manufacturer.

CM2500
CrimeStopper CM2500 Auto Monitor FM Vehicle Monitoring System

Color LCD Display Pager
7-Different Zone Alerts: Doors, Hood, Trunk, Shock/Impact, Pre-Warning, Engine Run and Pager
Enhanced Audio Tones (Authentic "siren warble" upon door trigger)
Vibrating Alert Settings
Tiny Hand-Held Ergonomic Design
Status LED & Call/Page Button Built into Antenna
Handy Belt Clip included
FM 433 MHz
Works With Any Vehicle
Add-on to Aftermarket Security System
Upgrade Your Factory Security System
Use as a stand-alone System
Out-of-Range Indicator
Lighted LCD Display for Night Use
Soft Grip Texture on Pager
Crimestopper nbsp;1-Year Warranty
Old 5/6/05, 03:51 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Well...what's up Mike. How do I get this? Do you recommend professional installation?
Old 5/6/05, 05:37 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
News flash, Audiovox and Viper are the same company I think
Old 5/6/05, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@May 6, 2005, 5:40 PM
News flash, Audiovox and Viper are the same company I think
no, code alarm and audiovox are the same comapny.NOT viper
viper is the same company(directed electronics) as:
clifford
clifford matrix
python
automate
and more.
Old 5/6/05, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 6, 2005, 11:56 AM
Just don't get a Viper. My wife and I have one on her Element. Way overpriced and they don't like to cover them. We had some problems with the car starting by itself and they didn't want to do anything about at first until I waived the little warranty under their noses.

AudioVox is supposed to be really good. Theres a place around here that will instal the entire alarm system for cheaper than the viper
are you saying viper wouldn't stand behind the product, or the place where you purchaced it from wouldn't stand behind it?
Old 5/9/05, 08:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

05GT-BABY Posted May 6, 2005, 5:54 PM

Well...what's up Mike. How do I get this? Do you recommend professional installation?
Hey Nick how's it going? If you're comfortable installing electronics like Dustin and John then I'd say you should be ok installing this yourself. I, however, have no experience with electronic installations so I'll be paying a pro to install mine. Last thing I want to do is cut a wrong wire

Here's a link to where I'm purchasing it from:

Crimestopper CM-2500
Old 5/9/05, 02:46 PM
GT Member

I need a simple answer on this. Can the pager above be equipped to a Mustang GT that ALREADY has the Active Anti Theft option? i.e. I don't want a new alarm system, I just want to be paged when my Active Anti Theft alarm goes off. Is this possible with the device above, and if so, how does it hook up to the AATS? Thanks!
Old 5/10/05, 07:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

futurestang Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

I need a simple answer on this. Can the pager above be equipped to a Mustang GT that ALREADY has the Active Anti Theft option? i.e. I don't want a new alarm system, I just want to be paged when my Active Anti Theft alarm goes off. Is this possible with the device above, and if so, how does it hook up to the AATS? Thanks!
According to the product details, yes, it can be added to an alarm system either factory or aftermarket. I ordered one. When it arrives I'll post the install instructions so anyone that's interested in getting this can decide whether it's something they'd want or not.

Updates to follow!
Old 5/10/05, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by futurestang@May 9, 2005, 2:49 PM

no..
if you want to buy JUST a paging remote and add it to the factory system then the simple answer is no.
Old 5/10/05, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ...@May 10, 2005, 1:29 PM
no..
if you want to buy JUST a paging remote and add it to the factory system then the simple answer is no.
Ok, so what do I need then to accomplish the above? All I want to do is have my car page me when the factory Active Anti Theft System goes off. Fairly simple..
Old 5/11/05, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

... Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

no..
How come you say it won't work? According to the product's specs, it will. I don't have it yet so I can't look at the instructions to verify. Are you familiar with it?
Old 5/12/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

it can be adapted to most cars by adding a brain that controls all the functions of the alarm (ie: a new system)....there is not JUST a remote that can be programmed into the existing factory system with nothing else......
Old 5/12/05, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 10, 2005, 7:34 AM
futurestang Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

According to the product details, yes, it can be added to an alarm system either factory or aftermarket. I ordered one. When it arrives I'll post the install instructions so anyone that's interested in getting this can decide whether it's something they'd want or not.

Updates to follow!
Let us know how you like it and if works with the factory alarm. Looks good