2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/04, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What else will likely come with the Interior Upgrade Package, other than the aluminum dash panel and color-changeable display? Will leather seats be part of that package, or separate?

I also just realized that we've seen practically all the interiors except for the beige with the aluminum strip, so I did a photochop. Beige is the interior color I will probably get, but I don't think the aluminum goes well with it...I like the plain black accents better. Except for the steering wheel...the aluminum looks nice on that.

Old 4/20/04, 10:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Interior Upgrade will probably be along the lines of what it is now.

-dash aplique
-shifter
-pedals
-colour change gauges
-stearing wheel
-Message centre
Old 4/20/04, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by evolver@Apr. 20th, 2004, 9:56 AM
but I don't think the aluminum goes well with it...I like the plain black accents better. Except for the steering wheel...the aluminum looks nice on that.

i dont like the black steering wheel eather.
Old 4/20/04, 10:41 AM
GT Member

I think you will need to wait until next month when the Order Guides come out to find out how the interior options are grouped. The latest word is that they should be out approximately 17 May. In a related note, the Team Mustang individuals at Nashville stated that pricing may not be available at the time the Order Guides are released. In other words, you will be able to order a car, but might not know the price at the time it is ordered.

The white GT car at Nashville, which was a test car, had the parchment leather interior with the aluminum trim on the dash.

I agree with you that the beige interior does not go well with the aluminum on the dash. This will be the case for the other interior colors offered such as the gray or the blue. The lower half of the dash needs to be black on all of the interiors to make the aluminum strip look good. If you don't order the aluminum trim, however, you don't get any of the aluminum accents on the steering wheel or shifter. I don't like the steering wheel without the aluminum trim. This is indeed a dilemma.

Your pictures show the cloth interior in beige on the GT. For those who are not aware, someone on e-Bay has a set of beige, GT cloth seats (both front and rears) for sale. I mentioned this to the Team Mustang individuals at Nashville and they claimed they knew and are going after the person responsible for letting them get out at the seat manufacturer.

The cloth seats for the GT appear to be of a premium design like the leather seats which will be offered. I prefer cloth seats over leather.

In a final note, the picture you have shown first appeared on this forum on Sept. 19th of last year. It was accompanied by several exterior shots of the car with the camo removed. The rumor was that the pictures were taked at a Tier 1 supplier in the Detroit area working on the windshield wiper system and that the employee was fired. This information was confirmed by one of the Team Mustang individuals at Nashville. The company was Valeo, Inc. which has B) responsibility for the windshield wiper system on the car.
Old 4/20/04, 11:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will also get the six guage cluster(Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp, oil, batt) with the upgrade package. The standard cluster will be a four guage afair (Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp). At lest that is what the Ford guys driving the White GT told me in the pits. The GT they had did not have the upgrade and had only the four guage package, I saw it myself.

GIZMOTOO the car you saw must be different from the one I saw in the pits, because it did not have the AL trim,or the message center, but did have leather with side airbags, and the shaker 1000 audio.
Old 4/20/04, 01:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GIZMOTOO@Apr. 20th, 2004, 10:44 AM
In a final note, the picture you have shown first appeared on this forum on Sept. 19th of last year.
Yeah, I know - I was on here. That was our first glimpse of the tail lights . But I've had to re-register on this forum at least 3 times since then, due to crashes or whatever.

And I don't remember the white one here in Nashville having the aluminum trim either...
Old 4/20/04, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by bee bop@Apr. 20th, 2004, 11:23 AM
You will also get the six guage cluster(Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp, oil, batt) with the upgrade package. The standard cluster will be a four guage afair (Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp). At lest that is what the Ford guys driving the White GT told me in the pits. The GT they had did not have the upgrade and had only the four guage package, I saw it myself.

GIZMOTOO the car you saw must be different from the one I saw in the pits, because it did not have the AL trim,or the message center, but did have leather with side airbags, and the shaker 1000 audio.
You are correct. The white GT at Nashville did not have the aluminum trim on the dash. My mental error.