2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Important Question About Quality

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/04, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
The mods need to lock this thread before it spirals farther out of control.
Old 10/20/04, 09:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Robert@October 20, 2004, 10:24 PM
When newbies come on here and attack me for merely questioning aspects of the Mustang (something Iève EARNED the right to do as a long time poster and Mustang owner)...and slag a candidate for President who served bravely for his country, faced death and earned medals, then I as a former soldier am going to take great offense.

Attack others...live with the consequences.
As for your original concerns, there has never been a beter built Mustang then the very first ones that have come into the dealer. If you are worried about it, go see one yourself or wait untill owners here list complaints otherwise; just like you would with any questions on any other product you can possibly buy anywhere on the planet. End of thread.
Old 10/20/04, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Kamikaze@October 18, 2004, 3:12 PM
Before we get started I would like to introduce myself. I reside in Long Beach, California and I'm an Electrical Engineer specializing in DVRs Installation for ProtechPC. Since I've seen the new Mustang I have been a complete fan but today I went to purchase one and I was deeply dissapointed. The car felt very cheap in the inside from the steering wheel to the guage covers and the seat was mighty high it did not feel like a sport car in the slightest use of the term. Me being 6' 4'' I felt quite engulfed in the confines of very cheap plastic and it made the setting very unpleasant. Mind you I was sitting inside a v6 if that is relevant to the situation presented. I would like to ask those of you who have sat in a GT is there a difference in the materials between the two? Because I find it disturbingly odd that a bargain basement car like a Kia could have a better interior then an American classic such as the Mustang. Any help that you can provide me with will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.
leave the board right now!!

out

as soon as you say kia everyone here thats seen the car and sat in it knows your full of poo

and dont let the door hit you in the hiney on the way to your new rio
Old 10/20/04, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

eclipse is such a girl car...dont kill me amy..i mean like the..LIKE OH MY GOD! girl car...i think it actually drips some tranny fluid once a month. I couldnt even get both my legs in the eclipse but mustang i fit fine and im 6'1 220lbs

ive been in my girlfriends brothers civic and never really thought...wow that plastic looks amazing! and thing is he knows nothing bout cars and was all like Japanese Japanese Japanese blah blah and now hes like i want a real car but is afraid to say a mustang cuz he knows il kick his hiney for being a retard
Old 10/20/04, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+October 20, 2004, 9:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ October 20, 2004, 9:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert@October 20, 2004, 10:24 PM
When newbies come on here and attack me for merely questioning aspects of the Mustang (something Iève EARNED the right to do as a long time poster and Mustang owner)...and slag a candidate for President who served bravely for his country, faced death and earned medals, then I as a former soldier am going to take great offense.

Attack others...live with the consequences.
As for your original concerns, there has never been a beter built Mustang then the very first ones that have come into the dealer. If you are worried about it, go see one yourself or wait untill owners here list complaints otherwise; just like you would with any questions on any other product you can possibly buy anywhere on the planet. End of thread. [/b][/quote]
Well said...and fair enough.
Old 10/20/04, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree - if it's not possible to have a fair and balanced dialogue here, then it's better that the mods lock this thread.
Old 10/20/04, 10:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
All I can say is -

I do not agree with everything or everyone in this thread, but I respect their right to state their thoughts.

If we don't like it, we can click right out of the thread and move on.
Old 10/20/04, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by jcopin@October 20, 2004, 8:41 PM
eclipse is such a girl car...dont kill me amy..i mean like the..LIKE OH MY GOD! girl car...i think it actually drips some tranny fluid once a month. I couldnt even get both my legs in the eclipse but mustang i fit fine and im 6'1 220lbs

ive been in my girlfriends brothers civic and never really thought...wow that plastic looks amazing! and thing is he knows nothing bout cars and was all like Japanese Japanese Japanese blah blah and now hes like i want a real car but is afraid to say a mustang cuz he knows il kick his hiney for being a retard
Haha I drive a 98 GSR, kid. I'm 6'4'' 187 pounds and if I can fit in it perfectly then you most certaintly can unless you're not smart enough to push the seat back. This isn't a debate against Japanese cars vs. American cars it's about the Mustang's interior quality. So what I drive a Japanese car, that's completely irrelevant. You guys are the kind that still think that pink and purple are for girls. You really need to calm down all I did was question the interior quality of a car that you cannot afford. You all are blowing this out of proportion like I came on here selling sex tapes of your parents. Next time you place American cars over Japanese cars look at the sales figures and see who's on top. Yup Toyota is kids and I'm not saying that cuz I favor Japanese cars more it's because I love cars in general and I don't have a problem admitting that another nation makes them better. Well I don't wanna make this to long because I know you guys have middle school in the morning so good night.
Old 10/20/04, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL you guys are great! I live for these type of threads. Anyway to answer your question Kamikaze. I seen both today in person. One GT with IUP and one without. IUP certainly makes a big difference. Without it does look cheaper looking. Wouldn't stop me from buying one or nothing but I will be ordering mine with IUP. Whether it is actually cheaper or not is up to the experts. All I know is that appearance-wise, the IUP adds a ton.

Gotta see that in person. B)

Jason
Old 10/20/04, 10:26 PM
FR500 Member

Let this thread be an example to those who may not have a lot of experience with Internet forums.

This guy made it obvious he was nothing but a troll from the get go, some of you all had a problem with my post calling him on it.

There are people who get a rise out of creating chaos. He's one of them.

If you don't feed them, they go away.

The reason I'm on this board is because of this same lunacy on Stangnet, lets not let that happen here.
Old 10/20/04, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kamikaze+October 20, 2004, 10:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kamikaze @ October 20, 2004, 10:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jcopin@October 20, 2004, 8:41 PM

Haha I drive a 98 GSR, kid. I'm 6'4'' 187 pounds and if I can fit in it perfectly then you most certaintly can unless you're not smart enough to push the seat back. This isn't a debate against Japanese cars vs. American cars it's about the Mustang's interior quality. So what I drive a Japanese car, that's completely irrelevant. You guys are the kind that still think that pink and purple are for girls. You really need to calm down all I did was question the interior quality of a car that you cannot afford. You all are blowing this out of proportion like I came on here selling sex tapes of your parents. Next time you place American cars over Japanese cars look at the sales figures and see who's on top. Yup Toyota is kids and I'm not saying that cuz I favor Japanese cars more it's because I love cars in general and I don't have a problem admitting that another nation makes them better. Well I don't wanna make this to long because I know you guys have middle school in the morning so good night. [/b][/quote]
im smart enough to not buy a eclipse
Old 10/20/04, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kamikaze+October 20, 2004, 10:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kamikaze @ October 20, 2004, 10:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jcopin@October 20, 2004, 8:41 PM

Haha I drive a 98 GSR, kid. I'm 6'4'' 187 pounds and if I can fit in it perfectly then you most certaintly can unless you're not smart enough to push the seat back. This isn't a debate against Japanese cars vs. American cars it's about the Mustang's interior quality. So what I drive a Japanese car, that's completely irrelevant. You guys are the kind that still think that pink and purple are for girls. You really need to calm down all I did was question the interior quality of a car that you cannot afford. You all are blowing this out of proportion like I came on here selling sex tapes of your parents. Next time you place American cars over Japanese cars look at the sales figures and see who's on top. Yup Toyota is kids and I'm not saying that cuz I favor Japanese cars more it's because I love cars in general and I don't have a problem admitting that another nation makes them better. Well I don't wanna make this to long because I know you guys have middle school in the morning so good night. [/b][/quote]
oh yea that other nation never has recalls.....oh yea they just dont admit to problems..nice way out lol

tell that to my mothers 96 camry with the sludged up engine much better quality than my fathers 78 E150 with 350K on it..was DRIVEN to junkyard 1 year ago with its original engine
Old 10/20/04, 10:35 PM
Cobra Member

i also remember my uncle was always like oh amercian cars stink..then recently he was spotted in a 04 emplorer limited..oh well

cuz his problem free 97 honda accords (2 of em) ....with the broken moonroofs cdplayers window motors rattling squeeking...well you get the point

i like the recent CRV randomly catching fire problem..or that honda recall not to long ago where they recalled a ton of vehicles for tranny problems
Old 10/20/04, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 20, 2004, 9:29 PM
Let this thread be an example to those who may not have a lot of experience with Internet forums.

This guy made it obvious he was nothing but a troll from the get go, some of you all had a problem with my post calling him on it.

The reason I'm on this board is because of this same lunacy on Stangnet, lets not let that happen here.
I'm not a troll I had a legitimate question that I wanted answered but school seems to be on vacation cuz all you kids ran in here with your feelings hurt ruining the thread. I've been here too long to be a troll check all my post little man.
Old 10/20/04, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 20, 2004, 10:29 PM

I'm with you on that one Sixtysix. There was really no reason for this thread to get so out of hand like it did. I don't think ive ever seen a thread get out of hand quite like this one did, on either this forum or on my 3 other Protege forums that i frequent. This is really unbelieveable - a group of grown adults that can't carry on a legitimate conversation about a common topic. :bang: :notnice:
Old 10/21/04, 02:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mods, please close this thread NOW!
Old 10/21/04, 02:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have been a member of Stangnet for a year, and this is exactly the reason I left there to come here. Well, that and Brad's second to none information on virtually every mustang ever made. I agree, please lock this one down.
Old 10/21/04, 09:02 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 10/21/04, 09:07 AM
GT Member

As for interior quailty, the Mustang w/wo the IUP certainly has some weaknesses. The seats are dead flat with no side bolstering to speak of. One of the seat fabrics with the word "MUSTANG" repeated is very dated. The parking brake handle is perfect for E-brake turns but very large. The 12V port/cigarette lighter is in a bad spot (it might be located OK for a radar detector power cord). The red floor mats sold with the red leather interior should be charcoal. The console should have more storage space. There should be four cup holders. The door mounted speakers will get foot bashed and don't have the tweeters in line with the occupants ears. Matching speaker chrome bezel rings like those around the instruments are needed. For safety, the front seat belt shoulder guide should be attached to the seat, not the B pillar. This will force the seat designers to make the recline machanism crashworthy.

Regarding the 'vert, it will likely still have manual latching, even the Mini 'vert did away with the manual latches. The Mini 'vert rear seats fold down to permit a pass through and are lockable, I doubt the Mustang 'vert will be as useful. A built in roll bar like the PT Cruiser would be nice.

I'm done picking out the fly specks from the pepper. I say the interior is a nine out of ten. I'm lovin' it.
Old 10/21/04, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+October 18, 2004, 10:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ October 18, 2004, 10:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Robert@October 18, 2004, 11:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120
@October 18, 2004, 10:39 PM
"quality" or not, it is still the thin-walled simple stamped steel sit-on-the floor formula japanese sedan.

I don't care if it's "simple stamped, sit on the floor" tin foil, it's still better executed than anything coming out of 'Detroit', and the sales figures reflect that. The majority of the public are not as stupid as you might like to think. They know quality when they see it and touch it.
They have learned to lay down for it, thats for sure. I would love to spend a little 'lift time' with you under one to show you what you are really buying. Its execution vs substance. In the truck/suv world, its laughable. [/b][/quote]
sad thing is that Japanese owners dont understand is
you CAN NOT tell them anything bad about imports.. apparently jesus works on the assembly line next to all the robots (way to employ people! yay)

structure wise Japanese cars are GARBAGE
i remember when my girl was getting her mustang she had a lancer rental.. and i tapped my friends montero with it at 1 mph
i NEVER seen that m uch damage on a car!

HOLY crap!

crush half the front end in ( thank god for insurance), destroyed a head light and bumper, hood, everything
AT 1MPH in the driveway!

most people have no CLUE what quality Japanese cars are.. looks at scions) but 99% of them buy them blindly cuz everyone overlooks problems with Japanese cars.. Japanese car can have a million problems..and a Japanese owner will say its nothing.... the second a ford gets a flat its a Piece of Ship =p

Quick Reply: Important Question About Quality