2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Imagine if this was Your 05 Mustang.....

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/04, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by V10@September 18, 2004, 11:07 AM
At least it's only a V6.
i believe it i somewhat wrong of you to say this, a mustang is a mustang and i don't believe that"at least it being a v6" makes it somewhat oki would hate to see it done to a saleen or cobra but it is still someone treasured mustang...sorry just had to vent on something for a sec...thank you for listening and now you may all get on with your lives.
Old 9/21/04, 01:34 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by V10@September 18, 2004, 1:07 PM
At least it's only a V6.
OYY!!

2 cylinders less doesn't make it any less of a Mustang!

I would be absolutely devastated if that happened to my car! We are quite lucky with the weather over here, cool seas stop Hurricanes in their tracks. The only Hurricane I can remember was in 1989, caused a lot of damage in the south of England because no-one was prepared for it (the weatherman said "Slight Breezes :bang: )

At least it wasn't a vert........
Old 9/21/04, 05:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

A good argument to get your pony a nice stable to sleep in.
I just saw one floating on the local news here from Ivan Flooding. Give them to me if weather's coming. I promise to take care of em.
Old 9/21/04, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by autothing@September 18, 2004, 2:09 PM
A "little" off topic, but I can't stand that I live in Chicago where nothing disastrous happens while people in Florida on-the-other-hand (those nearest the coast particularly), have homes, cars and other stuff destroyed every 7-10 years due to hurricanes. I think it stinks that insurance lets them rebuild and rebuy all those homes and cars each time, but LIVE IN THE SAME PLACE WHERE IT HAPPENS AGAIN (and again and again).

All car insurance would be much cheaper if it wasn't for states like Florida and Kaleefornyah (thanks Governator! lol)
I agree
i live on Long Island and god forbid if i report a total loss my rates would...wait they did double.. and one more allstate would drop me
lol
same thing with my parents homeowners insurance they filed one claim 15 yrs ago and went to do another for flood and allstat said theyd drop that too
Old 9/21/04, 12:18 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am tired of seeing my insurance rates going up because of crap that happens to other peoples vehicles and houses. Since I have never had a claim I feel the insurance company now owes me MONEY!
Old 9/21/04, 01:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Iven@September 20, 2004, 7:58 PM
Oh, geez... Ivan is back! We're getting lots of rain and wind gusts of 40+ now. And they're saying it might go into the Gulf and redevelop? Sheesh! :bang:
Yeah, heard that, I rode out Ivan and we saw sustained winds of 105 mph, don't want to get hit by Ivan twice or by any other storm for that matter.
Old 9/21/04, 01:23 PM
GT Member

Insurance companies are nothing but a bunch of crooks! I should know, I work for them!!
Old 9/21/04, 02:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SVT200020@September 21, 2004, 1:26 PM
Insurance companies are nothing but a bunch of crooks! I should know, I work for them!!
Just tell me that you're not an adjuster... I'm getting flashbacks from the horid days of small firm practice--negotiating with adjusters.... :angry:
The art of negotiation--- Lawyer v. Adjuster :jedi:
Hey, my client needs some help, buddy!!!
then the adjuster says
then comes
and what i wanted to do or :flame2:
Old 9/21/04, 02:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by adrenalin@September 21, 2004, 2:21 PM
I am tired of seeing my insurance rates going up because of crap that happens to other peoples vehicles and houses. Since I have never had a claim I feel the insurance company now owes me MONEY!
The risk will be reflected i their premium.

I am sure you will be glad of your insurance when some muppet in an suv is looking at their hair in the mirror when they rear-end you.......

I hate insurance as well, but it is a cross you have to bear....
Old 9/21/04, 02:49 PM
GT Member

Old 9/25/04, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by autothing@September 18, 2004, 2:09 PM
A "little" off topic, but I can't stand that I live in Chicago where nothing disastrous happens while people in Florida on-the-other-hand (those nearest the coast particularly), have homes, cars and other stuff destroyed every 7-10 years due to hurricanes. I think it stinks that insurance lets them rebuild and rebuy all those homes and cars each time, but LIVE IN THE SAME PLACE WHERE IT HAPPENS AGAIN (and again and again).

All car insurance would be much cheaper if it wasn't for states like Florida and Kaleefornyah (thanks Governator! lol)
Alright, lets make sure you have your facts right before posting statements and comparing to totally different states. First off, the premiums you are paying in Illinois regardless if it's for auto or home, do not in any correlation to any other state and the amounts of claims or frequency of claims being paid out in that particular state. The increase your are seeing in your Illinois premiums are solely based on claims and business needs for your company in the state of Illinois only. You also stated you live in Chicago. I will assume you live within the city limits, I have one suggesstion for you, move out in the western suburbs and you will cut your insurance costs by at least half. Now getting back to why Florida or California or any other state for that matter does not negatively impact Illinois or the rest of the country. Each state is bound by a different set of legal laws regarding their insurance, blame that on your state legislature and congressman. There are states that are identical to others but there are some that have their own different set of rules. Florida is one of then, Texas, California, New York, Penn to name a few others as well. With this mind, what happens is that each insurance company will set up subsidiary companies for within that state. So you can have (brand x) X insurance company, but what your really insuring with is X (of Illinois), or X (of Florida) or X (of California) and so on. This also keeps the accounting, claims, profits within each state and then being reported back to the home off of company X. What this allows the insurance company is flexibility and allows them to stay afloat if one particular state (company) should go under. So if Florida is experiencing hurricane claims one after the other and Company X of Florida start's seeing red numbers, this allows them to readjust the rates for that particular company. Also worst case scenerio, if there are too many claims being paid out and it's no longer feasible to sell a product in a certain state, then Company X of (whatever state) will simply go out of business and pull out. This allows the rest of the company to stay in business and not effect it too much as one particular state will not pull the entire nationwide company down. This all came to life after hurricane Andrew for most insurance companies as it almost wiped out a few companies and started pulling the nationwide business down. That is when each state reached it's own subsidiary company. This is also why your rates in Illinois have nothing to do with rates in Florida and so on.

Also for comparison, it is a lot harder to get automobile insurance in the state of Florida when compared to Illinois. The restrictions and guidelines but in force to control premiums and to receive a "preferred" rate pails to what is established in Illinois. You may pay of premium of $500 in Illinois for a particular vehicle and when you move to Florida your premium may end up being $1000-1200. Same holds true of homeowners insurance. A lot of companies have chosen not to insure property in any of the coastal regions to limit exposure. For those that do write in those areas, strict underwriting guidelines are put in place to make sure the property has the least amount of exposure available. There are specialty insurance companies in Florida setup that are required by the state of Florida to offer homeowners insurance if they cannot find a regular carrier to get insured thru. Another thing to add is a state such as Florida has a "Hurricane Fund" which reimburses insurers for any losses or claims paid out for hurricanes.

Just an fyi to make you a better understanding consumer.
Mario
Old 9/25/04, 08:24 AM

Old 9/25/04, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

My condolences on the pony