2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm going nuts

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sure hope the wait is short.

The really annoying part is I'm not even worried about driving it in the winter, shoot my first 5.0 had bald tires and I drove that all winter without a problem, but I plan on keeping this one and the thought of salt hitting the underside and rusting everything breaks my heart even more than not being able to drive it right now.
Old 2/25/06, 01:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(k3druid @ February 24, 2006, 12:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ordered: Feb 16, 2005
Received: July 09, 2005 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
****7500 Kilometers****
Cocooned: Oct 31, 2005 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Revival: May 01, 2006

Waited 5 months for the Car to be Delivered, now have 2 months of a
6 month Storage Left. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

May1st??!! I admire your willpower. Mine's coming out mid-march weather be damned. well... I might postpone, but only if there's snow on the roads.
Old 2/25/06, 08:23 AM
V6 Member

I'm with you! I get passed by a Yellow GT with black out hood and spoiler coming home from work quite often while I'm driving my little winter beater car. I'm hoping to have mine back on the road early March. It needs to rain good at least once to turn the roads black again.
Old 2/25/06, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I grew up in southern Michigan, I feel your pain. Look at the bright side....oh wait, there isn't one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 11:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not Willpower, but Spring in Saskatchewan. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ice Patches, Mud, Pot Holes the size Of Garbage Cans and
Farmers in Half Tons. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 01:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
in my warped thinking...my car was delivered by hauler in winter- so it already got a salt spray before I ever saw it(ever follow a semi in the rain?)...to me one time in the salt pretty much dooms the car anyway, and no matter what I do, it will not last forever, and neither will I.

my 85 camaro was yearround car for ten years till I repainted it, never in the salt since, and it had no rust anywhere on the car except underneath the front hood edge.- I didnt open the hood and flush the drains...everything else I rinsed often, and it held up pretty darn good. I drove it in the salt because it was my way to work.

this mustang is such a blast to drive, I'm gonna try and wear it out and enjoy every minute of it. I havent driven except once in rain(roads were well rinsed week prior by rains) and wont drive when wet/salty out, but rolled over 1000 miles last night on the way home from cleveland auto show...most miles have been driven on slightly salt dusted roads, but while putting away for a few days is ont thing, putting away for 1/4 of a year is not...heck I might get hit by a train and die tomorrow or something, would hate to be looking down thinking, darn it, I coulda had another few months of enjoying that favorite car...

I will take better care of this one than probably any ive ever had, but I will be driving it in mediocre winter conditions too...onramps are still pretty clean and that few seconds of fun I just cannot go by memory for three months...just gotta do it.

I have a son that had major medical issues at birth, three open heart surgeries in 3 months, two caths, lots of very scary stuff. two years later, wife came down with lymphoma at 27 yrs old, both are fine now, but seeing stuff like this kinda reminds you that aint nothing in this world gonna last forever, ourselves included...might as well enjoy everyday, as sooner or later there will come a last. I'd rather leave a wore out thoroughly enjoyed car behind than a trophy piece for someone else to wear out.

I love driving the mustang, my kids love going for rides, by gosh if they feel like going for a ride, I'm ready
- well, unless its really really crappy out- that salt spray is just outright cruel, and you really cant enjoy driving in it much anyways- and they understand that too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^The auto show last night prompted me to wash my car today even though it's only 35° out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

but seeing stuff like this kinda reminds you that aint nothing in this world gonna last forever, ourselves included...might as well enjoy everyday, as sooner or later there will come a last. I'd rather leave a wore out thoroughly enjoyed car behind than a trophy piece for someone else to wear out.

exactly.................i'll be trading the 05' in 5 years down the line for a new one----------so, drive on, boys (and gals)-----------------just washed her today, although i admit I trust only two local car washes, but i still pull out, wipe her down, the engine included as well as armor all the tires, wipe the 4" borla's , etc................in fact, i had another guy engaged me in a 10 minute discussion about how much he wants one and admires the car...:thumbs up:.......
Old 2/25/06, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't trust the local car washes... I used a hose, a bucket, a sponge, microfiber & my driveway... brr...
Old 2/26/06, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ford4v429 @ February 25, 2006, 4:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
in my warped thinking...my car was delivered by hauler in winter- so it already got a salt spray before I ever saw it(ever follow a semi in the rain?)...to me one time in the salt pretty much dooms the car anyway, and no matter what I do, it will not last forever, and neither will I.[/b][/quote]

That's is correct.

And that is why we purchased one long before any salt hit the ground that season. There is no way your going to rinse it out from behind the scenes and that is where the corrosion starts. And that is why she does not see rain or washed by a hose. It is impossible to have cake and eat it too. I've ate plenty, I still want more, just very slowly. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

It's a game with thousands of ways to play. Each to their own. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

The weather's actually been pretty nice here in Michigan the past few days. Nice enough that I took the Mustang out for about an hour yesterday. After driving and SUV all winter, I almost forgot how much I love driving this thing.

I can't wait for spring!
Old 2/27/06, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RMac @ February 26, 2006, 2:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The weather's actually been pretty nice here in Michigan the past few days. Nice enough that I took the Mustang out for about an hour yesterday. After driving and SUV all winter, I almost forgot how much I love driving this thing.

I can't wait for spring!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I got my car out yesterday too. It was nice enought out that I thought I might drive it to work this morning, so I left it in the driveway...probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I haven't put it in the garage. Of course when I got up for work today it had snow on it...sonuva...
Old 2/27/06, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shea @ February 24, 2006, 4:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't make me smack you Beavis! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Awww... Another beautiful day. Mid to upper 70's. Top down. Sun on my face. Just doesn't get any better than this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]