2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm going nuts

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/06, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to rant a bit. I'm going nuts here in Michigan with this crappy freezing weather and salt all over the roads.

My 06 is sitting under a car cover in the garage and I can't do a freaking thing about it. For numerous reasons I'm getting REALLY sick of snow and salt.

I've done a ton of exterior mods to my stang since I got it last fall and now I'm ready to go to some shows!

Cruises! Babes! Burnouts! Drags!

Oh, I'm so sick of driving my 92 Explorer!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fuss.gif[/img]

Who's with me?
Old 2/24/06, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm with ya. Just finishing up some of my BMR suspension mods and I'm sick of driving my 91 Explorer.

If the weekend forecase stays nice I'm going out for a spin.
Old 2/24/06, 12:59 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My bassani mufflers are showing up soon too... I'm going to put them on in the freezing cold just to hear them.... I am really getting the itch to drive it...

just a few more weeks guys
Old 2/24/06, 01:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ordered: Feb 16, 2005
Received: July 09, 2005 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
****7500 Kilometers****
Cocooned: Oct 31, 2005 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Revival: May 01, 2006

Waited 5 months for the Car to be Delivered, now have 2 months of a
6 month Storage Left. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]

Yes, going Nuts describes it Nicely! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Have recently bought a K&N Replacement Air Filter for the Ride.
Looking for Chrome Tips for the Exhaust.
If the weather turns in April, I'll be replateing It Then(License). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yes, going Nuts describes it Nicely! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Hang in There [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(k3druid @ February 24, 2006, 3:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Looking for Chrome Tips for the Exhaust.
If the weather turns in April, I'll be replateing It Then(License). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hey, I've been so bored at work that I'm scouring Ebay for mods I can do while my car is sitting in the garage. Anyway, I dunno if the V6 exhaust is the same size as the GT, but I saw this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-EXHA...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2/24/06, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awww. Yes! Just got back from a nice cruise around the town with my TOP DOWN! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 01:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

LOL Which is worse:
1) Having the car but not being able to drive it
2) Having your car sitting in a defective railcar when it should have already been here ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

I feel your pain
Old 2/24/06, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shea @ February 24, 2006, 2:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just have to rant a bit. I'm going nuts here in Michigan with this crappy freezing weather and salt all over the roads.

My 06 is sitting under a car cover in the garage and I can't do a freaking thing about it. For numerous reasons I'm getting REALLY sick of snow and salt.

I've done a ton of exterior mods to my stang since I got it last fall and now I'm ready to go to some shows!

Cruises! Babes! Burnouts! Drags!

Oh, I'm so sick of driving my 92 Explorer!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fuss.gif[/img]

Who's with me?
[/b][/quote]

i am opposite, this baby runs great in the cold----yeah baby---- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k5GTC @ February 24, 2006, 3:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awww. Yes! Just got back from a nice cruise around the town with my TOP DOWN! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Don't make me smack you Beavis! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 03:19 PM
GT Member

I hear ya. Just put mine away again for a while, supposed to snow tomorrow. My truck's nice and all but I just can't get the same grin from mashing my right foot with 2000 more pounds and 40 less horses...
Old 2/24/06, 04:42 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

AMEN BROTHER!

I'm dying here too. Plus, knowing that I probably could have gotten away with driving it this winter considering the ultra mild weather we're having here also sucks.

I'm so SICK of not driving my car. I miss it so much! Plus I don't have a winter car, so I've been stuck taking public transit. Spring is so close I can taste it, but I just can't take this waiting anymore. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Kristina
Old 2/24/06, 05:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rondosa @ February 24, 2006, 6:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
AMEN BROTHER!

I'm dying here too. Plus, knowing that I probably could have gotten away with driving it this winter considering the ultra mild weather we're having here also sucks.
I'm so SICK of not driving my car. I miss it so much! Plus I don't have a winter car, so I've been stuck taking pubic transit. Spring is so close I can taste it, but I just can't take this waiting anymore. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
Kristina
[/b][/quote]
How does one take pubic transit? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 06:00 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 24, 2006, 6:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How does one take pubic transit? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Almost 70 here in KC today--my Explorer's been in the Garage almost all month!
Old 2/24/06, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Shea; Thanks for the Tip. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Shipping, Duty, Canadian Tax and Brokerage Fee
Pretty well means finding a Canadian Source. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yup.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

If it makes you guys up North feel any better I was forced to keep my car in the garage today due to the weather (sunny 70s)... I took my boat out instead! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 07:59 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 24, 2006, 7:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

argh, well it might as well be pubic transit...considering...

anyways, just a little slip there with my typing...see, I really AM going insane.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can someone remind me why we are not driving in the snow and sand and salt ..I need to hear it one more time, I am up to 1000 miles and its going to snow on my first day off in two weeks tomorow
Old 2/24/06, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been driving mine all winter which includes two ice storms! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] It handled the ice just fine so far. I can't imagine putting it up for months at a time. That would drive me crazy and it's my only car anyways so I have to drive it no matter the weather.
Old 2/24/06, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005GTDELUXE @ February 24, 2006, 11:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can someone remind me why we are not driving in the snow and sand and salt ..I need to hear it one more time, I am up to 1000 miles and its going to snow on my first day off in two weeks tomorow
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] Because the snow, sand, salt and the pot holes with all the debris and the corrosion they cause are not our friends. All the Kool rides are stored for the winter here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Hang-on guys 9-11 more weeks and were back on the road, minus all those destructive items. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, mine's been in storage too for the last couple months. I've taken her out a couple of times since the weather around here is unseasonably warm. I usually just drive her around the block, or just enough to satisfy my urges ,then its back to the garage. The wait is short though my friends! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I'm going nuts