2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I got a call from Zone Manager...

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funniest thing... someone said on another thread that they were getting a call about their order. I hope that it was legitimate. I was told the car will be built in late April or early May.
Old 3/1/05, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The following is email correspondence I had with my dealer yesterday concerning this topic. I liked his answer. At least in this Region, they are putting customer orders before stock!

Hi Ted,

I was curious if anything came out of the Regional Rep meeting concerning allocations?

Also, have you heard anything about Ford calling the Dealerships to get contact info for people who have special ordered an 05 Mustang? Rumor has it, they believe there are lots of bogus orders in the system due to guys going to multiple Dealers and ordering, then taking whichever car comes in first. To remedy this, they are going to call everyone to confirm their order.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I believe the meeting was not until March, so nothing new from Dealer Council.

As far as Ford contacting the customer? I have not heard that one. My Rep did tell me that she will contact the dealership as they receive GT allocation and want proof of the order (valid purchase agreement) maybe she would call the customer at that time. If the dealer does not have a legit retail order they lose the allocation.

Ted
Old 3/1/05, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KUcurt@March 1, 2005, 4:00 PM
Funniest thing... someone said on another thread that they were getting a call about their order. I hope that it was legitimate. I was told the car will be built in late April or early May.
KU? As in the Univeristy of Kansas? If so, you are near KC, and your zone manager would be mine as well. So, late April or May? When did you order?
Old 3/1/05, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm supposed to get a contact from the KC Zone manager.....we'll see
Old 3/1/05, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by jwede@March 1, 2005, 4:52 PM
I'm supposed to get a contact from the KC Zone manager.....we'll see
Hey man, there is a Legend Lime GT Premium with Charcoal leather sitting on a lot at All Pro Ford in Platte City, MO., I believe north of KC a bit. It is automatic, so I don't know if that is what you want, and it has the upgrade wheels. The sticker is $28,275. Here is the link:

https://www5.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/Di...rVINRFQUserInfo

Just thought this might be of help if you are tired of waiting.