2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I don't get why people do mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by azlitigator@April 5, 2005, 4:31 PM
One of the lamest things I've seen on these forums was a post about removing the airbag stickers from the visors. Someone said "if you do that you will lose points at a concourse show someday". I'm sorry, but I thought that was totally lame. I bought this car to have fun with and make my own, I don't think I'm gonna worry about some distant car show in 25 years or so.

Have fun and enjoy your stock car, and let us have fun adding to ours!
darn I want to replace those with the e-bay stickers that warn about the horsepower ect...their goes my winning ways
Old 4/5/05, 03:31 PM
GT Member

legend lime is considered a "classic" color
Old 4/5/05, 03:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tyson where doe's the 2005 Mustang accessories booklet fit in ? There are spinners ,mudflaps ,different spoiler etc . in this book and there all parts offered by ford .Even if you go to ford racing.com there are parts offerd by ford for the 05 stang as well ..from Ford .Would you consider these mods as well?
Old 4/5/05, 03:32 PM
Banned

Tyson, If I were you, I would encourage everyone else to mod theirs so that yours will be the only one not modded and be worth more a few years from now.
Old 4/5/05, 03:33 PM
Banned

darn, this topic got a lot of quick replies....looks like you struck a nerve Tyson.
Old 4/5/05, 03:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005MustangGT@April 5, 2005, 4:35 PM
Tyson, If I were you, I would encourage everyone else to mod theirs so that yours will be the only one not modded and be worth more a few years from now.
darn dont give him that idea....
Old 4/5/05, 03:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 4:33 PM
*laughs*...I can't tell some of your guys are taking things personally...Didn't mean to offend anyone...just stating my opinion. All of you have alot of good points.
I see where you're coming from, but remember, you're talking about how people should raise their babies. People do tend to take that personal.
Old 4/5/05, 03:45 PM
GT Member

Bucky,

I like that idea....full power to everyone doing mods!!
Old 4/5/05, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6+April 5, 2005, 2:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ April 5, 2005, 2:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-azlitigator@April 5, 2005, 4:31 PM
One of the lamest things I've seen on these forums was a post about removing the airbag stickers from the visors. Someone said "if you do that you will lose points at a concourse show someday". I'm sorry, but I thought that was totally lame. I bought this car to have fun with and make my own, I don't think I'm gonna worry about some distant car show in 25 years or so.

darn I want to replace those with the e-bay stickers that warn about the horsepower ect...their goes my winning ways
[/b][/quote]
Kevin, your car is already "ruined" for a concourse show. Now go cry in your beer and tell your wife she was right, you shouldn't have spent all that money on silly "mods". What a fool, and I think you should give back the award you won this weekend!
Old 4/5/05, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

i think ford made an awesome car. Mine is awesome as it is.....it will be a little better tommorow....when the bullets, tires, shifter, gears, intake, exhaust, and thorogood CD are installed. oh and about the 1's and 0's inside the EFI computer.....those'll be a little differnt' too...

but on the outside.....she will still be the purdy little thang i drove off the lot last november!

"go find that pretty actress, and make 'er your own"
- Doc Holliday

make em your own fellas!
Old 4/5/05, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005MustangGT+April 5, 2005, 3:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005MustangGT @ April 5, 2005, 3:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tyson@April 5, 2005, 3:13 PM
Who is going to ruin the car buying doing modifications to it?

Initially before getting my GT I was thinking of all the minor mods I could make to the interior. After getting it, I definately will make no modifications.

I've never thought about modifying the exterior or the engine/exhaust. I don't get why anyone would want to change the car.

Why buy it if you don't like it the way it is. To me your ruining what's going to be a classic.

What's everyone take on this? It seems like most people on here want to modify it.

Why?
because we know how and enjoy it, if you think your car is going to be a classic anytime soon, you're crazy...give it about 25 years, and by that time, no one will want it b/c we will probably all be out of gas....enjoy it while you can, instead of treating it like an investment, there are plenty of classic mustangs around here going anywhere from $2000 +
If you are planning on driving your new 05 investment, you probably won't ever get what you are paying for it again....unless you sink twice the money into it restoring it 25 years from now, and sell it for what you have in it, but probably not, probably less than the $50,000 + you have in it.
[/b][/quote]

I'd actually give it about 40 years. I agree with no body mods. New wheels, maybe. But performance mods, it's an addiction. Once you do one its hard to justify not adding on something else. It's a performance car, that's what it's meant for
Old 4/5/05, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

If the GT badges didn't have a ploit hole I'd remove them, it it was easy I'd put the v6 gas badge on instead ot the GT. I haven't desided on the mud flaps, snowtires, chains and bike rack yet. I almost forgot we are replaceing the leather streeing wheel and we talked about it and we are not putting a bumper sticker on that says "My other car is a WindStar".
Old 4/5/05, 04:53 PM

Mine must be a piece of junk if modding ruins a car. I just love to get the most out of the car that's possible. It gives me a great opportunity to meet a lot of people, all over the U.S. who share similiar interests. Yes, I could go buy a Vette or something faster...but that's a car that someone else totally assembled. Besides, I don't want those payments. I believe a car should be driven like it was made for. God forbid I ever have a Hummer. I would be the one to see how durable they really are. I'd sink it in the deepest mud hole or try to yank out the biggest tree stump. But I have a Mustang. I will be trying to get it down the track the fastest. I am building racing skills that I've always wanted to do-since I was a kid. I'm making improvements based on modifications that I installed or had installed. I get a sense of satisfaction out of actually turning a wrench and watching it work. Do I want to be a full time mechanic? NO-(not that there's anything wrong with that!). Do I want to be a full time racer. NO-okay, maybe a little. Like everyone here has said, Modding makes my car different than your's. Keep on modding!
Old 4/5/05, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by azlitigator+April 5, 2005, 4:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azlitigator @ April 5, 2005, 4:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kevinv-6@April 5, 2005, 2:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-azlitigator
@April 5, 2005, 4:31 PM

Kevin, your car is already "ruined" for a concourse show. Now go cry in your beer and tell your wife she was right, you shouldn't have spent all that money on silly "mods". What a fool, and I think you should give back the award you won this weekend!
[/b][/quote]

back it is going!!
the beer hasnt helped
Old 4/5/05, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let me ask, when you buy a house and decide to hang pictures, put in a game room, paint things a different color, etc. is that ruining it??! No you are personalizing it. I may not like some of the mods I have seen on here but its not my car. Someone is doing something to it that makes them happy and they can be proud of it. I think the car is awesome off the showroom floor but there are things I want to do to it. Ford isnt going to be able to make every car to every persons taste so people make it their own. You dont like mods and that is cool. Some love mods and that is cool. It is what makes everyone on this planet unique.
Old 4/5/05, 05:10 PM
V6 Member

I don't like going all out with body kits and the works, but I am doing some modifications, though actually, alot of this is factory stuff.

What I mean is, I had to settle for IUP lite instead of full IUP because that was the difference between getting my car NOW or in 6...8...10 months.

So I ordered the IUP doorsill scuff plates and IUP door handles from Kevin. Popped in the plates today and put the new gas cap on, but will have to have the handles installed.

I also want the aluminum dash and the 6-guage mycolor panel. Unfortunately my Ford dealership told me they can't get the 6-guage right now so I'm forced to wait.
Old 4/5/05, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I am a bone stock kind of guy, I must admit there are a few mods that are going to be hard to resist (Flash tune, ducktail). The 05 is, and will be a classic "as-is" from the factory.
Old 4/5/05, 05:43 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I dont mind mods. I dont intend to make major mods to my car. I want to keep it as close to stock as possible.
The mods I plan are :

1. Removed the HC trap already
2. 87 octane Predator tune, I dont intend to add CAI right now.
3. 255/50 r17 tires when the stock ones need replacing.
4. And I may upgrade to 18 inch rims when the 06 comes out with them.
Old 4/5/05, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow, you are definatly not an enthusiast.... I have have had 5 mustangs and non have been left stock, there are varity of reasons to modify your car including wanting to make the exterior or interior unique to your liking, or if you are like me and enjoy racing having engine mod's is a must, the factory makes the car to be reliable not to use its full potential. But to each their own, but to not understand why someone mods a car is pretty dence.
Old 4/5/05, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I will mod! right now I have my CAI, and tune waiting for install and many more to come. Why? Because I want to be faster than the next guy. Especially a buddy of mine who has a camero w/ a ls1.

Why buy the car if we plan to mod it you ask? Because the 05 mustang is the biggest bang for the buck. You simply can't beat the price to power ratio, and serves as the perfect platform to build from.

Just my two cents though. This car is for everbody, so if you want to keep it stock, rock on!

Nick

Quick Reply: I don't get why people do mods!