2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

how many people think gt should have iup not v6

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As gimmicky as the MyColor option is; it really is a fantastic addition to the feature set of the car. I would pay decent money to be able to change the colors displayed on my Civic's dash. After about ohhhh two days the bland greenish hue cast on the gauges at night gets dull.

With MyColor when I get tired of about 20 shades of red I can try out 20 shades of blue and then I can try out anything else my heart desires. It's a cool piece of equipment. I still think Ford just needs to offer IUP and MyColor seperately. Since the IUP w/o MyColor is nothing but aluminum accents it's not like MyColor is dependent on what the IUP offers.
Old 4/21/05, 12:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by zee@November 11, 2004, 11:44 PM
i think the all the gt's ordered should get the iup and not the v6
I disagree on this it is so like who lives and who will die when they and they are catching up they will I'm sure have more made for there line up of the V6 as well GT. All though the ladies sure cruse up fast to just hang back to watch the MY Color movie, so I switch it off so as they don't run into me depending who.
Old 4/21/05, 12:32 AM
Bullitt Member

talk about the archives
Old 4/21/05, 03:00 AM
Bullitt Member

It does'nt matter if V6 or GT! If you want IUP, you've got to wait for it.
I being a GT owner with IUP, see no wrong with V6 having them. When I ordered my car, I saw an 05 without it and said not for me! My color and IUP was a must.
To all, It don't matter V6 or V8! If I could, I'd ordered it with a 428 Cobra Jet!
Happy Trails!!! :drive:
Old 4/21/05, 03:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

1st come, 1st serve. Very simple, very fair. End of story.

Market-wise, the V6 and the GT need each other desperately. Neither could survive without the other. The GT is the car that draws everyone to the showroom. The V6 is what many people opt to buy for practicality/economic reason (no shame in either reason). If there was no GT, there would be no draw to the showroom and the V6 would wither away. If there was no V6, the Mustang would not be profitable enough to keep around as most of the market has no use for such a high performance car.
Old 4/21/05, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the MyColor is cool, but gimmicky. I could have done without it. But I really wanted the message center AND side airbags, so I didn't have a choice.

As far as the silver pieces, I'm actually worried about the sun reflecting off of them with the top down. I've already heard that headlights at night bounce light all over the interior. But I had to take those.
Old 4/21/05, 10:32 AM
GT Member

I think it should have possibly been a standard feature on the GT and maybe an option for the V6... Just a thought. BTW I am a V6 owner.
Old 4/21/05, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think The V6 should have IUP and not the GT.

I figured I would give a stupid answer to a stupid question. This is childless. You guys are falling in the trap of Fords and dealers excuses they use because they cant get there cars out in 8 weeks.
Old 4/21/05, 06:44 PM
GT Member

I agree that IUP should be a GT only option. First, there aren't enough to go around and the people who pay more should get more. Secondly, usually performance model cars get the performance instrument clusters and the economy gets a more basic version... I can't understand why Ford underestimated the IUP demand by so much. I think the interior is very subpar without it. I waited an extra two months on my GT just so I could get it.
Old 4/21/05, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

The question is now moot. If you look at the date of the original post it was almost 6 months ago.....when there was a shortage. Doesn't matter now.

However........As far as an answer. No!
Old 4/21/05, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by gashaus34@April 21, 2005, 7:47 PM
I agree that IUP should be a GT only option. First, there aren't enough to go around and the people who pay more should get more. Secondly, usually performance model cars get the performance instrument clusters and the economy gets a more basic version... I can't understand why Ford underestimated the IUP demand by so much. I think the interior is very subpar without it. I waited an extra two months on my GT just so I could get it.

Personally I think it only looks really good with the dark charcole interior. I like the standard black dash more with the Tan and Grey interiors. As far as the Mycolor feature I could take it or leave it.
Old 4/21/05, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

My GT had IUP and two of my three my V6s had IUP. Anyone who says only GTs should have IUP because it's a GT is just not dealing with reality. The price difference between my V6 convertible and the GT convertible I ordered was $4718 - about $98.00 a month. For that I get this: the engine and wheels/body trim. That's too much for an engine. Interiors are exactly alike and even with the difference in how the leather is on seat, both seats feel the same to me.

GT folks that bash V6s owners need to just grow up and learn that not
everybody can afford or wants a GT. I used that $4717 differnce to get three significant things done to my house. You want a GT..that's great but leave all your other baggage at home...and off this forum.

Ford needs to make IUP standard on 2006 models with the option to delete it...just like the spoiler on 2005s.
Old 4/21/05, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exactly as Allen said. This was started back in Nov when there actually was a shortage. There nolonger is an iup shortage.

BTW~I don't agree with the orginial poster. In order to get ICAP & side airbags you have to get IUP. For those who can't afford or do not want a GT what makes them less of an asset then you who can afford & want a GT.

Do you not think that the owners of the V6 is just as valuable as the GT owners. Do they not also deserve the option of side-airbags. Do they not also deserve ICAP if they want it?

I got IUP & I enjoy having it. Every piece of it. Although to be honest, the main reason I ordered it in the 1st place was for the 6 gague cluster instead of the standard 4. Had Ford actually gave you the 6, like they have for years, & not made it a requirement for ICAP & side airbags than I don't think soo many people would have ordered it.

It's Ford fault, let them deal with the reprecutions. I waited over 5 months for my car, all be ause I was too sturborn to settle for IUP Lite. Thos waiting for GT's now are feeling just as furstrated as I was. I lived through it & they will too. If they don't then they must not have wanted a Mustang very badly to begin with. JMO.

~*~Kera~*~

PS~You guys there is NO LONGER A SHORTAGE!!!!!!!! The shortage now is GT's in general. Should we start another thread stating "Should the make GT's? I think they should only build V6's & no more GT." No we shouldn't. That would be the equivlant to this thread. Which is Poinltess.