2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How hard is it to close your doors?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 03:54 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in what you "think" you see in that video. It's quite conceivable that the passenger door is slightly open or that the passenger window may be rolled down a little...or completely.

This would, of course, equalize the pressure and his driver door would shut without effort.
Old 2/25/07, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys should see what it's like to shut the door when your window is frozen in the full up position. The glass hits against the door trim. *thwack!!!*

Now I mean frozen as in the glass has frozen water on it preventing it from moving. Good thing that glass is pretty tough.

My passenger door is a little harder to close than the driver. I think mostly cos it doesn't get used very much. I noticed that if you have the AC set to the full closed position. Meaning the air direction selector is pointing straight up then there is more positive pressure when you shut the doors compared when the vents are open.
Old 2/25/07, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metroplex
I've tried recalibrating them several times as per the owner's manual but it doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't tried pulling the power to the computer and totally resetting everything.

I have to literally SLAM my doors shut. It was like this as soon as the car came off the transporter.
I did not know we can recalibrate our doors. I need to read up on it
Old 2/26/07, 01:34 AM
Cobra R Member

In the video I would guess that the passenger side window is down for the door to close that easy. My doors close very easy, but the last door to close has just a hair of a vacuum effect, so it closes a little more force, but it's still minimal and easy.
Old 2/27/07, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by metroplex
I've tried recalibrating them several times as per the owner's manual but it doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't tried pulling the power to the computer and totally resetting everything.

I have to literally SLAM my doors shut. It was like this as soon as the car came off the transporter.
Sounds like you have a problem with not pushing hard enough. I had the same issue on my Crown Vic, the doors would just pop open when driving some times, but my car is 16 years old and a onry old beotch. What is the part # of your doors?

You mentioned with your trunk open it was not in issue. Does it have a spoiler or no? Did you determine this while the car was in motion (you know like back to the future on hoverboards?)

Let me know if I can be any help. I would love to chat about this very important issue, for safety's sake.

Butterbean

Attachment 20418
Attached Images