2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

HELP ME! WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents:

Try to talk it out at the dealership. If it doesn't go through, talk to a lawyer and present the documentation you have. The lawyer can tell you if the documents you have can be interpreted as a legally binding agreement.

Good luck.
Old 5/5/05, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

This exact thing happened to me back in Novemeber of last year. I had ordered the car in June and when it came in they lied and said that the order was lost and that they would mail my check back to me. Thinking something was up I went over there and my car was sitting right out front with a $5000 mark up on it . It was my exact color, options etc. So basically they told me the same thing that they wanted to make the money on the markup. I had a recipt from back in June that they had written when I put my $1000 deposit down and right on it they wrote "deal will be x-plan." It was not signed by the salesman so it wasn't binding.
The way I approached it though was like this. I told them when it comes down to it we live in a small county in NY and dealerships make their sales based on reputation. I wasn't threatining them but I let them know they would eat that $5000 profit over and over in the future b/c I would advise everyone I know not to buy from them.
Also, I talked to everyone in the chain of command the whole way up with them all saying that I was right but they couldn't do the deal. Finally I got to my whits end and said that I felt that I was being lied to about losing the order and I had already been in conact with my lawyer (which I had). Afte this they finally did the right thing by releasing the car to me.
I will never do business with them again, I don't even service the car there. However, I was going to go to the local paper with my story and I refrained after the deal was done. Hope this helps.
Old 5/5/05, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Just my .02 ... but one thing you should do however this is resolved is to post a complaint with the better business bureau in your area. The reason for this is not to get back at the dealer or for any kind of revenge, it is simply that this dealer has shown how he is willing to treat his customers and by filing a complaint then those that come after and check out the dealer with the better business bureau will see that and be better informed as to which dealer to use.
its through this that you can inspire dealers like this to perhaps be a little more honest and forthright when dealing with their customers. Any complaints you have about any dealer should always be lodged with the BBB for anyone to see before selecting a dealer. it is on their record for (usually ... at least here) as long as they are in business and anyone checking out the business before going there will see it.
I know this doesnt really help you out much but it is something that will help out those that come after you much more than a tv report that will be forgotten in a few days or a lawsuit that will never be heard by anyone else. Plus, once businesses begin to see people actually making use of the resources of the BBB then the threat of lodging a complaint with them and the resulting drop in business will be something they will have to take note of.
again, its just my .02, but its something that everyone should do with any business they are having problems with and its a place you should always check before doing business with someone, especially in regards to this big of an investment.
Old 5/5/05, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Wow, sorry to hear about your problems, but I'm glad to read all this stuff before I give my dealer any money. I'll be sure to have the Buyer's agreement with my Z-Plan discount signed before I leave.
Old 5/6/05, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

So what happened? :scratch:
Old 5/6/05, 07:11 AM
V6 Member

Yes, We must know how this ends.... I, for one, may end up in the same boat.
Old 5/6/05, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by iag0@May 4, 2005, 7:13 PM
Anything else? :bang:
If you do not get a satisfactory response from the owner, be sure and contact Ford, pickett the dealership, they are unethical, and the potential buyers in youre area should be aware of it, be sure and stick to the facts, and do not break any laws, they will come around, should get the point across.

Hang in there, do not take this lying down, and do not settle for anything other than the original agreement.

Good luck !

crappy Ford dealers !
Old 5/6/05, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

He might be in jail if he didnt get the response he was looking for. LOL

Lets hope he worked things out and has been driving that Stang 24/7.
Old 5/6/05, 08:35 AM

Ok. Here's what happened. I got the car at X-Plan + added fees that I did not intend to pay for. Here's how it all played out:

Apparantly, the dealer went under new management last month (I did not know this) and, of course, decided to stop honoring X-Plan for GT customers who had their car on order. No calls were made, no updates were given to customers like me who were patiently waiting for their car. The General Sales manager started to lecture me on the low allocation of the GT and how it is in their best interest to sell the car with a mark-up to joe schmoe walking on the lot with cash in their pocket and no patience... I basically tell him where to shove it and reminded him that his dealership made several binding agreements to sell the car to me at a negotiated price and his sob story was pathetic. After walking through the highlighted documentation that showed his salseperson's offers and assurances he finally cut the bs and offered me the X-Plan I had negotiated.

However, there is a catch. The car had been on the lot for 3 days with a sticker on it... they were definitly trying to sell my car.... in fact, they marked it up $8999, added window etching, and an security keyfob/trasponder. SO, the best offer I could manage was X-Plan + the additions they put on it. These absurd fees plus the doc fees that they originally said they would waive (they didn't), put the car about $1200 above what I wanted.... :bang:

but I waited so long and NEEDED to drive the car off the lot (keep in mind, I have had no car for the past 2.5 months)... so I took the deal and drove off. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.
Old 5/6/05, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Overall, not a bad outcome. You got stuck for some junk that you didn't want and you shouldn't ever have to pay documentation fees under XPlan (I think) but you got the car and they didn't make and extra 9K. They really marked it up 9K? Holy crap!

Congrats, happy motoring!
Old 5/6/05, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel for you, I'm in a different boat but almost the same, read my thread called " 5 month wait for GT, bigtime letdown" ....these crooked dealers stink!
Old 5/6/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS LOUSY DEALER, PLEASE INCLUDE THE CITY I THINK EVERYONE WOULD LIKE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

:cop:
Old 5/6/05, 10:44 AM
Cobra R Member

I would still talk to a regional representative and explain what happened. He maybe able to get you a refund on some of those fees, etc. As well as on there survey, rip them a new u know what. I would still talk to a ford rep, about baiting etc, with new parts added to your car you had already agreed upon. Good luck
Old 5/6/05, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Without a doubt talk to a rep. I would also contact Ford and try to fax/email them your documentation. Prior to contacting the rep. and Ford I would write a letter to the manager/owner of the dealership and let them know (now that you have the car) what you intend on doing prior to contacting the rep. and Ford. They may want to give you a refund or some freebies so though dont have to deal with this. It may be a waiste of your time but you may save another person from going through this mess.
Old 5/6/05, 01:11 PM
GT Member

While I disagree with the way this dealer treated you, without a signed order confirmation by dealer managment, showing X plan pricing, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Glad you got your new 'Stang, though.
Old 5/6/05, 02:43 PM
FR500 Member

my dealer backed out of x-plan but we got $550 under sticker cuz we guilted them into it
Old 5/6/05, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=360078

26. Can I be charged a “document fee†(doc fee) by my dealer?

No. Fees related to Partner Recognition Plan sales for document preparation or similar administrative services are not allowed. If the dealer charges you a documentary fee please call 1-800-348-7709 and report the issue. Sales under the Mazda S-Plan may be subject to document preparation and/or other administrative services fees. Please review all fees with your Mazda sales consultant and be sure you understand and agree prior to completing a sale.
Old 5/6/05, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@May 6, 2005, 3:46 PM
my dealer backed out of x-plan but we got $550 under sticker cuz we guilted them into it
DUDE- I saw your GT at the dealer sitting out front last week. Pistilli Ford are crooks - sorry they gave you the run around.
Old 5/13/05, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@May 6, 2005, 10:47 AM
I would still talk to a regional representative and explain what happened. He maybe able to get you a refund on some of those fees, etc. As well as on there survey, rip them a new u know what. I would still talk to a ford rep, about baiting etc, with new parts added to your car you had already agreed upon. Good luck
I'm glad you got your car, and I'm sure by now you know it was well worth the extra $1200. Soda is right though, you do have a case because cars that are ordered on X-plan cannot be added to without your permission provided you pick the car up within the alloted six days after delivery. If nothing else, blast them when your survey comes for the dealership. Make sure to do it online or send it in to Ford directly because if you take it back to the dealership it will get "lost." And, like I said earlier those surveys help ford determine who becomes SVT dealerships and which dealerships get the premium (Ford GT) allotments. You want to take money out of their pockets, that will do it.
And if all else fails, you can still get what you paid for it on the open market....that is, until the '06 start production
Old 5/13/05, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wsmatau@May 4, 2005, 8:27 PM
OK, First take a deep breath.

NOW, her is the skinny from someone who's been there and done that. Right now you are basically handcuffed. I know that is not what you want to hear. Don't overreact. Take your documentation into the Manager you ordered the car from and ask him what the staus is. If he says no X-plan, let it be known that you still intend to purchasee the car. Before you get irate or "call the media" (PS they don't care) drop me a PM and I'll give you some contact info at Ford Progam Managers division. You see Ford dealers have it at their discretion whether or not they wish to participate in A/D/X/Z-plan, but once they take the order under a plan they are obligated by Ford to Fulfill it. Ford however, WILL NOT force them to sell the car at that price. What they will do is pull their incentives (i.e GT allotment, Shelby's, etc). Most GM's are not willing to risk a $100k profit on a GT over a $9k profit on a Mustang.
Just drop me a line and I'll help as best I can.
This is the best forum on the planet...