2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

GT Mustang now 50% build restrained

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/04, 07:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancelled order. I've been waiting to get my loaded GT. I called the salesman...get this (brother-in-law)..who was getting it to me on the D plan. I of coarse had the prices thanks to Kev. He actually gave me a price higher than the Dealer Invoice w/ holdbacks, but $500 lower than MSRP. Can you say ripoff, jeez I guess money means more than family ties. I told him good luck selling it cause I'm not buying it. All this on the day my car was in the factory being built. I should have figured all was not on the up and up since I always got the run around eveytime I called up there. The only reason I put up with it was because I was getting it "cheaper" than MSRP. Imagine my surprise when he tried to shaft me. I sent him a copy of the price list. Guess he isn't to happy right now either. I sent a copy of the prices, the options I selected, and the price he gave me to my sister. Oh well no 05 mustang for me. Thanks Bruce and Kev for all the AWESOME and RELIABLE info you have given us.
Old 9/17/04, 09:17 AM
FR500 Member

get it somewhere else dont give up on that car!!
Old 9/17/04, 10:14 AM
GT Member

I'll end up paying about $3000 more to get it somewhere else. Gotta wait till 06 is about to come out now.
Old 9/17/04, 12:11 PM
FR500 Member

How so? Find another dealer and tell them how much you will pay. You should be able to get $500 - $1000 above invoice with everyone being happy
Old 9/17/04, 12:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Sonic Blu Stang@September 17, 2004, 3:55 AM
I'm not sure if this was posted, but it seems Ford has stopped shipping vehicles with the 4.6 and 5.4 engines, due to a problem....

Let me reprint what was sent to me. This came off flat rate tech, who referred to blue oval news..

updated 08 September 2004, 10:00pm, est.

We are now stating for a FACTUAL matter that Ford has ordered assembly plants to stop shipping 2005 model year vehicles due to defective 4.6L and 5.4L engines. Should Ford wish to challenge this information, they know our address.

At this time, we are only ALLEGING that the GT "40" heads are defective.

The article below is presented how it was originally published.

_____

Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines.
BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a <http://www.blueovalnews.com/notices/wanted_info.htm> news tip at the end of August.

The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications.

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about.", said our source.

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service
bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.

Uh yeah...it's been posted....MANY times and pretty much been debunked by our resident AAI employee who says GTs are rolling down the assembly lines right. Please, stop reading BON. They are a Ford smear site and most everthing they post is BS.
Old 9/17/04, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+September 17, 2004, 12:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ September 17, 2004, 12:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sonic Blu Stang@September 17, 2004, 3:55 AM
I'm not sure if this was posted, but it seems Ford has stopped shipping vehicles with the 4.6 and 5.4 engines, due to a problem....

Let me reprint what was sent to me. This came off flat rate tech, who referred to blue oval news..

We are now stating for a FACTUAL matter that Ford has ordered assembly plants to stop shipping 2005 model year vehicles due to defective 4.6L and 5.4L engines. Should Ford wish to challenge this information, they know our address.

_____

Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines.
BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a <http://www.blueovalnews.com/notices/wanted_info.htm> news tip at the end of August.

The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications.

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about.", said our source.

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service
bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.

Uh yeah...it's been posted....MANY times and pretty much been debunked by our resident AAI employee who says GTs are rolling down the assembly lines right. Please, stop reading BON. They are a Ford smear site and most everthing they post is BS. [/b][/quote]
That Ford Smear site is probably ran by Chevy people
Old 9/17/04, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+September 17, 2004, 12:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ September 17, 2004, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@September 17, 2004, 12:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Sonic Blu Stang
@September 17, 2004, 3:55 AM

_____

Uh yeah...it's been posted....MANY times and pretty much been debunked by our resident AAI employee who says GTs are rolling down the assembly lines right. Please, stop reading BON. They are a Ford smear site and most everthing they post is BS.
That Ford Smear site is probably ran by Chevy people [/b][/quote]
I love how the BON article also went from Alleged to FACT, in one day without any more details. In order for an allegation to become FACT proof must be established, a legitamet news source would post this proof. BON has not.

BON = BS
Old 9/17/04, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@September 17, 2004, 1:22 AM
I love how this thread went from "They LOWERED GT production?!?!?!?!" to "They're building more GTs"... very entertaining guys

Still no news from my dealer, might head up there tomorrow after school to check things out.
I don't think anyone said that Ford lowered production. What is being said, in simple terms, is that demand for GTs is greater than what Ford had planned. Because of this demand, dealers are putting in a larger percentage of GT orders to the point that Ford finds it necessary to inform the dealers that their order mix must be 50/50, V6 and GT. When this type of restriction is announced, called a commodity restraint, Ford will sometimes ignore dealer orders for a requested model, and build the "less desirable" model instead. In this case V6s.
The reason people are saying that it is a GT production increase is because Ford had originally announced a GT order percentage smaller than 50%.
I hope this is a clearer explanation.