2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got my DORA

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/05, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Karpro@February 4, 2005, 7:17 PM
Is that a priority or an order type. Only the factory can assign a priority less than 10 and even then it's rare.
OK, just got off the phone with my salesman again, top right corner,
- date 1 19 05
-priority code 02
In the the dora it says, order received 12 07 04, dora issued 1 19 05, he says it is the only one they got.
I have been following the order since the beginning, so it was ordered at the right time, but in the beginning it had the compadability problem, could this be part of the problem with the DORA and the strange priority?
-it also says price level 540, just looked at the original vehicle order confirmation and it says price level 515...what does this mean?
-order type x
-It says DORA across the top and end of DORA on the bottom.
- There is also no pricing in the dora except for price level, meaning,no xplan price, azd plan price, no totals of any kind.
karpro, could you post a recent Dora so we can all see what it is supposed to look like. Thanks Paul..... if you could PM me with your work phone, I would love to talk with you if you could spare a few minutes...also wish you were my salesman, this whole thing is starting to drive me nuts.
Old 2/5/05, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
OK.
Let's try this again.
DORA
top half-----------------------------------bottom half
Old 2/5/05, 07:47 PM

Vehicle Order Confirmation

LEFT.............................................. ............RIGHT
Old 2/5/05, 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason,

I noticed your DORA is dated about 2 weeks after you ordered. That is because you alteed your order and added the active anti-theft.

You guys and gals should be receiving your DORA the following morning after you order.
Old 2/5/05, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Karpro@February 5, 2005, 10:51 PM
Jason,

I noticed your DORA is dated about 2 weeks after you ordered. That is because you alteed your order and added the active anti-theft.

You guys and gals should be receiving your DORA the following morning after you order.
Oops. Guess I should have posted my first DORA.
I didn't think about it confusing anyone.
Old 2/6/05, 05:40 AM
V6 Member

stang nut, so a dora and a vehicle order confirmation are two different papers. does it matter which one your dealer gives you? looks like they have pretty much the same info to me
Old 2/6/05, 07:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by aremann2@February 6, 2005, 6:43 AM
stang nut, so a dora and a vehicle order confirmation are two different papers. does it matter which one your dealer gives you? looks like they have pretty much the same info to me
They are two different pieces of paper and the fact that they look the same is exactly why you want one. The confirmation sheet was printed before the order and says what you and your salesperson agreed to order. The DORA comes after the order actually gets placed and shows what was actually input. You want this to confirm proper colors, options, tranny, priority, etc..

Get both.
Old 2/6/05, 07:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by blackhat97@February 4, 2005, 9:45 PM
ManEHawke Posted Today, 09:34 PM
does the DORA show pricing, or everything but that?
Yes, mine has msrp and invoice pricing.
The fact that it does show invoice as well as retail is probably one of the reasons some of you are having trouble getting yours. If you're paying MSRP or close to it, God forbid your dealer lets you see he's actually making a couple grand on the transaction. For some reason they think if they don't show it to you, you won't know how much profit they're getting. Maybe if you tell them you know what invoice is and how much they are making, they won't care if you see it on the DORA and actually get you a copy of it.
Old 2/6/05, 07:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Karpro+February 6, 2005, 8:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 6, 2005, 8:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-blackhat97@February 4, 2005, 9:45 PM
ManEHawke Posted Today, 09:34 PM
does the DORA show pricing, or everything but that?
Yes, mine has msrp and invoice pricing.
The fact that it does show invoice as well as retail is probably one of the reasons some of you are having trouble getting yours. If you're paying MSRP or close to it, God forbid your dealer lets you see he's actually making a couple grand on the transaction. For some reason they think if they don't show it to you, you won't know how much profit they're getting. Maybe if you tell them you know what invoice is and how much they are making, they won't care if you see it on the DORA and actually get you a copy of it.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, but the order confirmation they first give you says the same thing with the prices, so why would they NOT show you the dora, it is no new news, so I guess I dont understand.
Old 2/6/05, 07:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by StangNut+February 6, 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ February 6, 2005, 12:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Karpro@February 5, 2005, 10:51 PM
Jason,

Oops. Guess I should have posted my first DORA.
I didn't think about it confusing anyone.
[/b][/quote]

Jason, could you please post your first DORA? Thanks a lot, Dave
Old 2/6/05, 08:31 PM

Sure. Give me a minute to scan it, reduce it, etc.
Just curious, why?
Old 2/6/05, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Karpro, I have a question for you. I changed the color of my car from white to black. This was done approximately 4 days after I ordered. I have every confidence that the order change was made correctly. Should I request an updated DORA showing the new color? I would assume the order number has not changed.

Sean
Old 2/6/05, 09:03 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd get the updated DORA just to be safe. You said you trust your dealer, I guess it just depends on how much you trust them. It'd be bad to wait 4 months for your car to arrive and have it arrive in the wrong color for something you could've prevented.
Old 2/6/05, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@February 6, 2005, 10:06 PM
I'd get the updated DORA just to be safe. You said you trust your dealer, I guess it just depends on how much you trust them. It'd be bad to wait 4 months for your car to arrive and have it arrive in the wrong color for something you could've prevented.
My exact sentiments. You're right, there is probably nothing to worry about but it never hurts to be sure everything went through. By the way, your order number would stay the same.
Old 2/7/05, 03:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by StangNut@February 6, 2005, 9:34 PM
Just curious, why?
Because I am trying to compare apples to apples, for ex, my dealer says there is no prices on mine but yours has prices all over yours, maybe they do this when you make a change, and maybe they dont, it just gives me more ammo if i want to demand that I see my DORA in person...Thanks a lot in advance, Dave
Old 2/7/05, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Tom, You are the idiot, I ordered mine on 1/20/05 and mine is being built in 2 weeks!
Old 2/7/05, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

Hey Karpro,
I know this is off subject, but hopefully I will be picking up my car this week, and When I ordered it was the old price scale. I know it has been said that the dealership can get the difference in money back from Ford for cars ordered prior to the price change, is there a form they fill out, or what can I through at the salesman in case he gets stupid with me. They have been good to me so far, but I like to go in with as much knowledge as possible. Thanks
Old 2/7/05, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Is there a way to check DORA on my own?
I ordered through a fleet dealer and always just call him for an update. Any help here would be appreciated!
Dave
Old 2/7/05, 02:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by srfan@February 7, 2005, 1:26 PM
Hey Karpro,
I know this is off subject, but hopefully I will be picking up my car this week, and When I ordered it was the old price scale. I know it has been said that the dealership can get the difference in money back from Ford for cars ordered prior to the price change, is there a form they fill out, or what can I through at the salesman in case he gets stupid with me. They have been good to me so far, but I like to go in with as much knowledge as possible. Thanks
I just got off the phone with another member who is getting jerked around right now. I reconfirmed with a rep at Ford that the price protection refund comes automatically to the dealer. I'm trying to find something in writing that shows this and I will post it as soon as I get it.
Old 2/7/05, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by davids2toys+February 7, 2005, 4:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ February 7, 2005, 4:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StangNut@February 6, 2005, 9:34 PM
Just curious, why?
Because I am trying to compare apples to apples, for ex, my dealer says there is no prices on mine but yours has prices all over yours, maybe they do this when you make a change, and maybe they dont, it just gives me more ammo if i want to demand that I see my DORA in person...Thanks a lot in advance, Dave
[/b][/quote]
Sorry for the delay. My ISP is down... again.
I've got everything scanned, etc. I just have to hope it's back up when I get home.
As far as I can tell there aren't any differences.
Even the part at the bottom that shows where I made a change is on there. Except in the case of the original DORA instead of listing the code for the one change I made, (added anti-theft) it has ALL my codes listed, body, trans, options, etc.

Jason

Quick Reply: Got my DORA