2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got my DORA

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/05, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me preface this with the fact that I was able to get into VOPC and check the status of my car "Clean and Unscheduled", so that makes me feel good, at least I know that it's in the system and there are no problems.

Now, it asks for the 5 digit dealer code, but the dealer code on my DORA is 6 characters, 2 numbers, 1 letter, followed by 3 numbers. I just read the numbers and omitted the letter, which seemed to work. I haven't tried to "fake" a dealer code or order number, but I assume that if I did, I would receive an error?

Dora processed and Order Rcpt Date are the same (1/25/05). I assume that means the order went in and was accepted the same day as my phone call to the dealer?

When I called today, it said the status was as of 1/27. How often is this information updated? I thought once a day, but it would make sense if it is once per week. If so, anyone know what day?

A relative of a guy who works at the dealership I ordered from came in to work today and said "So and so (not his real name ) said your car will be here in 6 weeks". Ummm, yeah, I know that's not true, but if someone could just confirm that I am an idiot for even considering that I will receive my car in 6 weeks, I would greatly appreciate it.

Finally, if anyone on this board works on the assembly line, I have a nice shiny nickel with your name on it if you could see fit to get my car built. Noone needs to know...

Sean
Old 2/1/05, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously? Noone can answer even one of these questions?
Old 2/1/05, 09:34 AM
Jackass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omit the letter in the code.
Old 2/1/05, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

He's right, you do omit the letter. The customer relations analyst told me that. The VOPC gets updated about every other day.
Old 2/1/05, 10:02 AM
Jackass

I'm always right! Also, it gets updated when they have an update to update with. Update.
Old 2/1/05, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Edited:

No name calling
Old 2/1/05, 10:50 AM
Jackass

Edited:

Settle down toughguy

Namecalling and bickering... :nono:
Old 2/1/05, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's a forum, nobody follows anyone around. Who's the tough guy? Very threatening when you live in California and I don't. Wow, the nerd label really really ticks you off huh? Wonder, where that stems from? By the way, other times you post are to tell people what grammar and spelling to use when you clearly have very little knowledge of it yourself. I know this because I have corrected you from time to time and you know I'm right cause you go back and edit your posts to show my corrections. Anything else?
Old 2/1/05, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Come on guys. Can't we all just be friends?
Old 2/1/05, 11:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Well I ordered mine on 11/8/2004. Car is still not built. It is a basic gt, with auto, nice rims and active alarm, no upgrades or anything. It is almost 3 months. I recently got into vopc and was told build date of feb 14th week. I called today and still says as of 1/21/05 , but then it has changed to week of the 7th. So things are looking up. but hasnt changed the status date its weird. I hope to have it soon. I would say that if you get your mustang within 6 weeks, and its not a v6 you are a lucky person. I wish you the best of luck and quickness. It looks like mine will end up being probably around14-16 weeks is my best estimate. I saw someone say they take about 1-2 weeks delivery. So I hope it is quick. If anyone knows delivery time as far as trucking it to the dealer please let me know.
Old 2/1/05, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a problem with no one. I was not the one threatening anyone. I just log on to chat and chill. I don't even have a personal problem with Altoid. I just think he should lay off on the attitude that's all.
Old 2/1/05, 11:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sean - You're an idiot for even having a faint glimmer of hope that your car will be built in 6 weeks!

Tom
Old 2/1/05, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TheRealOne@February 1, 2005, 12:13 PM
I have a problem with no one. I was not the one threatening anyone. I just log on to chat and chill. I don't even have a personal problem with Altoid. I just think he should lay off on the attitude that's all.
Well of course he should, but you can't explain that to someone like him.
Old 2/1/05, 11:27 AM
Jackass

Originally posted by TheRealOne@February 1, 2005, 12:03 PM
It's a forum, nobody follows anyone around. Who's the tough guy? Very threatening when you live in California and I don't. Wow, the nerd label really really ticks you off huh? Wonder, where that stems from? By the way, other times you post are to tell people what grammar and spelling to use when you clearly have very little knowledge of it yourself. I know this because I have corrected you from time to time and you know I'm right cause you go back and edit your posts to show my corrections. Anything else?
Oh, you don't follow me around? Additionally, how should I know where you live? It's not posted. Wow, way to generalize an entire state. Majority of my state is, but who says I have to be? I wont get into my political beliefs on here as this is not the proper time and place for it, but you don’t know me so don’t try to guess my beliefs.

Please point out my spelling errors. Note, I have yet to yell at anyone because of grammar, and if I have it must have been bad. You have never corrected me once in terms of spelling, which is all I ask people to correct, as it brings a more professional and adult atmosphere to the forums.

If you want to get into semantics, you need to chance “cause†to because, and “anything else†is not a complete sentence, you also said “really really†it's "really, really."

A lot of people have come around and accepted my ways, because they see some times I throw in some sarcasm or a joke to lighten things up. There are also times I’m serious when need be, but life is a joke to some people. You don’t seem to understand, but I will never conform to your ways and be generalized by you.

I don’t have a problem with anyone online, but people take offence to my ways. That’s their fault, either they come around or they don’t. I’m not changing for anyone.
Old 2/1/05, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

You know, I'll let you be. If you want to act the way you do then fine. If you are going to correct people in the tone you use, then realize that you open yourself up to the same. I'm content knowing most people here have agreed with me before about you anyway. Further, I don't care about your beliefs, dude.
Old 2/1/05, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Altoid, I've seen you contribute valuable things to this site. I've also seen you be an annoying jerk. I won't ask you to change, but I would like to ask you to refrain from posting when you feel like being a jerk.

People like you get banned eventually anyway, so I'm not sweating it too much, but I just thought I'd throw in my thoughts...

BTW, you ought to watch who you challenge to meeting offline...for instance, I'm 6', 225 lbs., I have a concealed weapons permit and I bench 300 lbs. Good thing I'm a lover, not a fighter. B)
Old 2/1/05, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

One of the great new features on this forum is the ability to block the posts of anyone that really gets on your nerves. Check it out under "My Controls". Once blocked, you can see that they posted but not what they said. It works great. Suggest all involved might want to give it a try. Makes this forum much more enjoyable to read.

Drew
Old 2/1/05, 01:44 PM
FR500 Member

ok now wheres my DORA....i ordered 1/18??
Old 2/1/05, 01:49 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah man, then nobody would ever see what I posted

Altoid, I know you and I even bumped heads when you first started posting on this thread. It is one thing to say what is on your mind and another to actually pick a fight. In this case I would say that Jorge started this one by calling you a Nerd. How dare he

I know it is hard sometimes not to reply but come on, we are all on this site to get good information regarding cars we love. If you are not on this site for this, well, sooner than later you will be banned.

That being said, I pray to the banning gods that I do not get banned from this forum as even though I attempt to be a prankster (a poor one at that) I feel as though I have given valuable knowledge regarding the 2005 Mustang.

Sean, if you feel that you have gotten the answer you were looking for I suggest you ask that this thread gets locked before it gets worse in here.
Old 2/1/05, 01:56 PM
FR500 Member

Quick Reply: Got my DORA