2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Flash To Pass Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/21, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flash To Pass Not Working?

My "flash to pass" setting isn't working. Low beams & high beams work, the high beam light that flashes on, on the dashboard doesn't turn on at all for the flash to pass setting only. Full high beams it does turn on. I checked all fuses even for the low beams, they all are good. Relay is good. Cruise control works on the steering wheel. The only recent work done under the dashboard besides my brand new clockspring is the dealership replaced my passenger airbag. They also scratched my dashboard pretty bad... I'm trying to get them to fix it, but that was on Friday last week & I tried calling the manager & left a message. What else can I check for the flash to pass?? I have no idea what could be the problem. All other lights work.
Old 9/20/21, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
So related to your Horn Thread, where you had no horn and replaced the clockspring first before finding out there was a corroded pin on the SJB... I'm thinkin' that SJB is on its way out. You might save it, but I'm leaning towards you need a new one and/or a new connector or some pins in the connector on the harness side of things. Trying to save the corroded and failing SJB may be a task not worth the time and effort.

I of course could be wrong, but all the switches go through that thing. That you had these particular two issues is very interesting.

The real question is this: Where is the water coming from that corroded the SJB in the first place? Fixing/replacing the SJB is just not warranted until you fix that first. Either the cabin air cavity drain is plugged and that's where it came from, or the car has the much more random rare issue with water just somehow getting in via the windshield/cowl somehow. You need to find and fix that water intrusion before you go doing anything more with the SJB.

IMO, from *waaay* over here of course. I could be wrong, as is the way of things sometimes. But that's my guess, and I'm pretty sure about it, despite that smiley over there. It could very well be a worn out flash to pass switch on the turn signal stalk and you're just lucky that way.

Old 9/21/21, 01:01 AM
BRD
V6 Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Saw the cowl drain issue in another thread one night and checked mine the other day. They had stuff in them that I tried cleaning out as best I could, but they weren't completely blocked. I'll make that a regular thing to check under the hood as it's easy to do and only takes a couple minutes.