2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FINALLY Ordered my GT! Some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/04, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from ordering my Sonic Blue Premium GT!! And now I have some questions:

I ordered the car with a X-Plan pin but I didn't sign any paper work. Was I supposed to sign anything during ordering? I should have my DORA tomorrow, will this be enough (with the price increase coming and all)?

How do I go about getting updates on the status of my car? Do I keep calling the dealer? If so how often should I call them, I don't want to harrass them everyday.

To those who have ordered recently (late Sep early Oct) have you received you vehicles yet? How long is it taking?

Well that's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I left some stuff out. This is my first new car purchase, so it's a bit overwhelming especially with placing a "special order" and all.
Old 11/18/04, 06:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by kintaro@November 18, 2004, 7:17 PM
I just got back from ordering my Sonic Blue Premium GT!! And now I have some questions:

I ordered the car with a X-Plan pin but I didn't sign any paper work. Was I supposed to sign anything during ordering? I should have my DORA tomorrow, will this be enough (with the price increase coming and all)?

How do I go about getting updates on the status of my car? Do I keep calling the dealer? If so how often should I call them, I don't want to harrass them everyday.

To those who have ordered recently (late Sep early Oct) have you received you vehicles yet? How long is it taking?

Well that's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I left some stuff out. This is my first new car purchase, so it's a bit overwhelming especially with placing a "special order" and all.
Nice choice, check my sig.

As long as your order has been put in the system with the dealer, you should be locked in with the 515 price code.

I think Ford pulls orders on Thursday's or their system is updated then, not sure which, but probably best to call on a Friday.
Old 11/18/04, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

1. Get a DORA from the dealer.

2. You can call the dealer or the Ford assistance line, but don't be like most others and be impatient. You need to find out if your dealer had any unused allotments that he could use on your order. If he does, then after a week or so I would bug them for a VIN. After you get a VIN, you hafta cool your heels for awhile. Maybe wait until a month after your get a VIN to start bugging them for updates. 6-8 weeks so far is the norm.

3. I ordered in mid Oct, no car yet, but I know I am starting to get warm

P.S. VERY good choice on the color. Other than the torch red, I LOVE the sonic blue
Old 11/18/04, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kintaro@November 18, 2004, 7:17 PM

I didn't but many will tell you you're crazy no to. No big deal to me, if they try to stiff me I'll walk as this isn't a "Must Have" vehicle for me.

I called mine about once a week. Now that it's delivery week, I'll be calling every couple of days until it comes in.

I ordered Sept 20 and mine is just now due. Your dealers allocation will have an effect on that along with how many people are ahead of you. I know that I had multiple orders ahead of me.

Answers are in your quote. Congrats and best of luck!

Jason
Old 11/18/04, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Congrats on your order!
I will try to answer your questions the best I can.
If you haven't signed anything yet its OK, but make sure when you review your DORA you have the dealer give you the price in writing.
To get the updates on your vehicle status, you will have to keep calling your dealer, I would suggest call him every 15 days, make sure its on a Friday. I guess they get the latest information on Fridays.
I ordered my car on 9/21 and it has a build date of 11/22, that is exactly 8 weeks. 2-3 more weeks for delivery. So you are looking at 8-10 weeks. I think the holidays are going to slow this down a little, but I am not sure.
Also the latest is that there is a shortage of spoilers for the month of Dec, that can put your order on a temp hold.
Bottom line, your order shouldn't take more than 12 weeks if all is well.
Good luck and happy waiting!!
Old 11/18/04, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool thanks for the advice guys!

holderca1 our cars are almost identical, I didn't get the side airbags, but the rest is identical.

About getting the price in writing, should I talk to the Fleet Manager (placed my order) about this or the salesperson?

About the spoiler shortage, good thing I did a spoiler delete!! B)

Oh another question, the xplan price on the order sheet still needs tax calculated, but is there anything else that can be added to to pricing?
Old 11/18/04, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

No more additions to the cost. The FDAF and Gas charge are built into the x-plan price along with Dest and Del.

Jason
Old 11/18/04, 07:09 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Red/Black GT@November 18, 2004, 7:24 PM
Also the latest is that there is a shortage of spoilers for the month of Dec, that can put your order on a temp hold.
OK, spill it. Where'd you hear this and how reliable is it?

Jason
Old 11/18/04, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Probably got it from here: Spoiler Shortages
Old 11/18/04, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Add my car to the list of cars ordered that's just like yours B)
Old 11/18/04, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice! I hadn't noticed so many Sonic Blue cars out there. I've only seen one at a dealer and it was a V6.
Old 11/18/04, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kintaro@November 18, 2004, 11:29 PM

Thanks Kintaro, I did get it from there.
As it is posted by karpro, I am sure it is 100% reliable.
Old 11/18/04, 11:23 PM
FR500 Member

If you placed your order thru the Fleet Manager, he/she is the one you should contact for updated info. Not the floor staff.
Old 11/18/04, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you get your price in writing when you ordered yours Paul?
Old 11/19/04, 12:07 AM
FR500 Member

I received a verbal, then received my DORA with a hand written $499 + next to the factory invoice number, hand written, "this is what you will pay". I won't go into details, but that was enough for me.
Basics, if you don't trust the person you are dealing with, don't walk, RUN! B) If you trust him/her, be patient, it takes a little bit of time.
Old 11/19/04, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Red/Black GT+November 18, 2004, 11:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red/Black GT @ November 18, 2004, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kintaro@November 18, 2004, 11:29 PM

Thanks Kintaro, I did get it from there.
As it is posted by karpro, I am sure it is 100% reliable. [/b][/quote]
Thanks, Red/Black & kintaro.
Yeah, Paul is a pretty good source.
Hopefully that's good news for my spoiler delete GT.

Jason
Old 11/19/04, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I just reviewed my Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet and the Fleet Manager forgot about the IUP, I didn't catch it at first. So he fixed it today and I also go it in writing so I'm feeling good about it. I assume my DORA should be ready tomorrow morning, correct?

Also to note they added this as well:
"...plus tax, Doc fee, License Minus any rebates that may apply at time of delivery."

Does that sound right?
Old 11/19/04, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kintaro,
NO, it does not sound right :notnice: Dealer is not allowed to add "Doc fee" on an X-Plan deal.

The Boss Hog
Old 11/19/04, 05:26 PM

Get that straightened out ASAP!

Jason