2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally Meguiars Pro Shots!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/06, 04:45 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Meguiars Pro Shots!!!!

Well I finally got a cd of the pics they took of my car and it took me forever to upload these few pics from my roommates laptop. These are just the ones of my car, the guy thought I wouldnt care for the ones with the male model in them, and these are before any touching up or photoshopping has been done. The ones they will use in the catalog will be touched up to remove some of the crap in the background; remember its Meguiars and the main goal was to show off a shiny finish and killer reflections which it looks like they got. Thanks again to Ed at Stangwerks for the loaner on the wheels. The catalog debuts at SEMA.

Full Gallery, for full size image click on resized images in the gallery:

http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Meguiars?page=2

Old 10/19/06, 06:08 PM
V6 Member

Looks killer man, the paint looks so flawless
Old 10/19/06, 07:16 PM
V6 Member

You're car looks great. Could you post info on your wheels & tires please?
Old 10/19/06, 07:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should buy those rims
Old 10/19/06, 08:51 PM
GT Member

enough said
Old 10/19/06, 08:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If those are 20's, then those are one of the very few 20's I've seen that look really good.
Old 10/19/06, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

what wax was that?? im gonna go buy some tomorrow
Old 10/19/06, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jcopin
what wax was that?? im gonna go buy some tomorrow
ditto!
Old 10/19/06, 11:36 PM

everything on the paint is Meguiars, Speed Glaze #80, Show Car Glaze #7, High Tech Yellow Wax #26, Synthetic Sealant #21, Final Inspection #34

wheels are 20" Zenettis, loaned to me by Ed at Stangwerks for the day, I am working out a deal with either DPE or HRE at the moment and hopefully will go with one of them
Old 10/20/06, 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

What kind of time investment does it take to get your car to look like that? It looks freaking amazing!!
Old 10/20/06, 06:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Ninth pic down is my favorite. Love the reflection. Hooray for black mustangs!!!
Old 10/20/06, 06:21 AM
Cobra Member

The car isn't really clean, look at the headlight when it's on!

j/k

Man, that looks amazing! How many hours did it take to get from "washed & dried" to "black chrome"?
Old 10/20/06, 09:03 AM
V6 Member

Congrats Richard
Old 10/20/06, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
everything on the paint is Meguiars, Speed Glaze #80, Show Car Glaze #7, High Tech Yellow Wax #26, Synthetic Sealant #21, Final Inspection #34

wheels are 20" Zenettis, loaned to me by Ed at Stangwerks for the day, I am working out a deal with either DPE or HRE at the moment and hopefully will go with one of them
i seriously need to learn all these processes cuz it definitely looks worth it next step finding a nearby vendor for the professional products
Old 10/20/06, 11:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
i seriously need to learn all these processes cuz it definitely looks worth it next step finding a nearby vendor for the professional products
If you have small children,send them away with the wife for a couple of days,otherwise it will take you a week
Old 10/20/06, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by sts767
What kind of time investment does it take to get your car to look like that? It looks freaking amazing!!
cost isnt that much, but I detail on the side so I have a lot more money invested then normal, but you can get pretty much everything you need at a Pepboys and do it by hand for about $50 (just to cover the cost of the products used on the paint not everything to detail a car) but by hand the time you invest is a lot more than by machine, you can pick up a nice DA PC for about 150-200 and it speeds up the process a lot.

Originally Posted by Louie
The car isn't really clean, look at the headlight when it's on!

j/k

Man, that looks amazing! How many hours did it take to get from "washed & dried" to "black chrome"?
actually the headlights are clean, they are just pitted from driving, I need to go down to the car and polish them and see if I can remove some of the pitting. As for how long the initial once through is the time consumer, but then to keep up on it about 5-10 minutes a day keeps it looking great. This is my daily driver and when these pics were taken the only thing I did to it before hand was wipe it down a bit with a quick detailer, it actually hadnt been washed in 2 weeks prior to this and I still havent taken water to the car since, although now I need to since it rained last weekend, car didnt get rained on but driving the rocker panels and rear bumper need to be washed, darn. Initial time can take anywhere between 4-5 hours on just the paint but I have it down now I can get it done much faster. Say I were to detail a car without having to do any paint resto I can do the entire thing by myself inside and out, no engine bay, in 2-3 hours; thats including polish and wax. But I have spent up to 4-5 hours just removing swirls from cars before so those jobs actually can turn into a full 2 process to make the car look better than new again. My car even though it is a daily driver I dont eat or bring food into it and make my friends be very careful when inside and so the interior needs an occasional quick cleaning as well and I do this once or twice a week just to make sure that not everything is still looking nice but that the leather and vynll and all the materials are protected and wont fade as well as keep that new car, clean smell. And when I do do a entire wash to wax exterior on mine I can finish usually in about an hour maybe an hour and a half depending on if I feel like cranking it out or chit chatting with every person that passes by and compliments the car or jokes that theirs is next, but then when I say no problem and tell them how much it will be they either look embarrassed or I pick up a new client....lol!!

Originally Posted by Flippn
Congrats Richard
Thanks, hey you planning on going to SEMA? Nestor wanted me to ask you since he doesnt have ur number.

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
You can buy all of this stuff on their website www.meguiars.com and they will ship it to you, not to mention that often their site is cheaper than stores/
Old 10/20/06, 01:25 PM
V6 Member

I met Richard through the forums, seen his work first hand and it looks great. I've waxed my car on my own but I still have swirls. Been waiting for a chance for Richard to detail my car but schedule and proximity makes it difficult.

Richard, I can't make SEMA. My passenger needs to be back to work that Monday, too bad for me. Hey, how's Nestor by the way? He didn't look very good at CC. Tell him I said w'sup.
Old 10/20/06, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Flippn
I met Richard through the forums, seen his work first hand and it looks great. I've waxed my car on my own but I still have swirls. Been waiting for a chance for Richard to detail my car but schedule and proximity makes it difficult.

Richard, I can't make SEMA. My passenger needs to be back to work that Monday, too bad for me. Hey, how's Nestor by the way? He didn't look very good at CC. Tell him I said w'sup.
Hes alright, in pain still. I dont remember what it was thats wrong with his foot but he still cant walk should be good to go before SEMA though

and lets figure something out to schedule, it will probably have to be after SEMA though, I havent forgot about your PM Ive just been booked and things are crazy, it took me a lot of effort to reschedule everyone so I could go to the last CC.