2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/04, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancel order and demand that new order is first new car they get.Dont take this crap,raise all heck...with both dealership and ford themselves
Old 11/1/04, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by sync007@November 1, 2004, 9:28 PM
I agree as much as it would hurt to wait you can't accept a (repaired new car). The way I see it, It can't be sold as new.
I feel for you, it is a difficult decision to wrestle with. The previous post brought up the subject of a damaged car being sold as new vs. used or damaged. A BMW owner actually sued BMW because they sold a damaged car as new. Below is a link to some documents about this case. I think it is good that the dealer told you about it, instead of having it fixed without your knowledge. I hope things work out for you.

Car Owner Sues BMW Over Damaged Vehicle Sold As New
Old 11/1/04, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by upstate@November 1, 2004, 7:34 PM
You should be getting back by now. What is the verdict?
Well, I did about 90 the whole way-150 miles 2 hrs even-not that I was looking to break any records. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking, or as bad as a pic that I've seen with same location but worse damage.
I informed him about some cars getting damaged coming off the trucks. So when they unloaded the truck, he was there making sure nothing went wrong. He saw the bottom touch the ramp and freaked out. Then he saw the facia "scrape" the ground. Honestly, at first, I couldn't find what he was talking about under the door. I had to crane my neck up under the car and there was a chip of paint about the size of a dime taken off on each side. I probably never would have noticed it if he didn't mention it. As far as the front facia, If you drop down vertically from the inside of the headlights, the facia has an edge on it. On each side, there was scrape about 1 inch long, as wide as a pencil. Very easily fixed. So, I'm looking over the car and notice that on the driver's side, the polished threshold was missing. I asked, where the heck is the polished threshold. He said, I think that's the way it is. I told him to go around and look at the passenger's side-voila! He said "holy crap." He went and got the body shop manager. He was shocked and laughed about it-as in, I can't believe they did this. Needless to say, everything else was great, cranked it up and all. I couldn't drive it though, they hadn't run it through the ringer yet. The body shop manager didn't think the plastic mirrors or the vertical pieces in the facia could be painted. He's going to call me tomorrow about being able to paint those. If they can, they are going to cut me a deal on painting those. I'm sure it would normally cost $200-$300 to paint those. Overall, I'm not worried about the "damage." He also told me that I didn't have to take the car if I wanted, he'd understand. I have been totally pleased with this dealer and how they handled this minor issue. Anyways, thanks for the reply's and support. I love you guys. j/k
Old 11/1/04, 08:45 PM

p.s. I know a lot think this is an out-there color and will be rare. I LOVE the way this car looks. The bullitt wheels go great with this color really connecting the retro look. I sat in it as well. Played with the MYCOLOR and all. I think the shifter is great placement. I like the power outlet in the console. It sounds great as everyone has mentioned. I like them without the spoiler, but am glad I left mine on. I like the little thinks that they thought of. I'm excited and can't wait to get it. I will go back up next Monday to get it.
Old 11/1/04, 08:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 169stang@November 1, 2004, 9:48 PM
p.s. I know a lot think this is an out-there color and will be rare. I LOVE the way this car looks. The bullitt wheels go great with this color really connecting the retro look. I sat in it as well. Played with the MYCOLOR and all. I think the shifter is great placement. I like the power outlet in the console. It sounds great as everyone has mentioned. I like them without the spoiler, but am glad I left mine on. I like the little thinks that they thought of. I'm excited and can't wait to get it. I will go back up next Monday to get it.
Legend Lime is not my thing, but I saw one at my local dealer and I can tell you, you did the right thing leaving the standard wheels on it. It looks much better with the Bullitts than the upgrades. Wise choice. Enjoy your new car!
Old 11/2/04, 07:03 AM

I will once I get it. Just ONE more week!
Old 11/2/04, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I talked to my brother in law this weekend. He is the manager of an ABRA body shop that is owned by a dealership chain. He has already had to fix three Mustangs with damage during shipping (the dealer only got 4). Of course the dealership said "spot it in" which he did not, he fixed them correctly. I sincerely doubt that they will tell their customers anything.
Old 11/2/04, 08:48 AM

That is opportunity for legal trouble for that dealership! Then again, the damage that my car sustained is very minor. I probably wouldn't have noticed unless told.
Old 11/2/04, 09:02 AM
FR500 Member

Luckily you have found a dealer with scruples, and personally I think Legend Lime rocks, it would have been my second choice! Redfire was just too good to pass up
Old 11/3/04, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw a Legend Lime yesterday in Northern Ky. It looked awesome guys! I almost ordered this color but chickened out at the last minute. It had Bullitt wheels on it. Mine is due to ship on 11/12
Old 11/5/04, 06:58 PM

Picking it up on Monday-for sure! Have to get some miles on it before Thanksgiving. Driving it up to Pittsburgh area and it NEEDS to be broke in before hand. I want to be able to enjoy it while getting up there!
Old 11/5/04, 07:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give us some pics!
Old 11/5/04, 07:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Glad things worked out well for you. Sounds like you'll do just fine with this car. I guess the whole "DAMAGED" thing causes some immediate nasty reactions.
Old 11/5/04, 08:12 PM

Believe me, I was almost in the same frame of mind. After a couple of pics that I saw (that were bad) I was thinking the worse case scenario. It was really not anything to worry much about. Just 1 week of a delay, but hey, it was built 9/20, so what's a week. Atleast they're painting the vertical "supports" in the front fascia for free. I definately will be taking pics. My wife's mother has our camera, but she'll be back down from PA next weekend.
Hi, My name is David and I'm waiting for my mustang. Thank you for all your support.
Old 11/5/04, 08:30 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats on your new ride!
Old 11/5/04, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the thread David, just e-mail my dealer the final specs for what i want and if he agrees to the price (typical 500 over inv) then he is puttin it in as one of his monthly alottments for this month and should
have it by the end of the month (hopefully sooner). Must be a dealership in good standing with Ford since they are getting one of the Ford GT's to sell (now if i can only come up with the 150,000 for it) so hopefully he isnt just 'tellin a story' as to when it will be in.
With all the probs i think i will just have to be there when they come in to watch them unloaded and make sure nothin happens.