2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Feeling hurt

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/07, 07:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rapture
I was a t a weekly car meet this evening. I was talking to a guy that had a very nice 66 Pony that was parked across from me. This woman with her 7 -9 year old son walks up and says to her son "Now this is a real Mustang".

I said pointing at my car "So what is that". She laughed and walk away. Her l son looked puzzled still stareing at my car.

This attitude does exist, their is large group that feel only Vintage Stangs are the real thing! When I run into this attitude I practice the teachings of Gandhi......Hump'm.....
Old 8/1/07, 08:17 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey dude, dont let her bother you, some people just dont know what the freak they are talking about. Ive met people that say they like the taurus better than the Mustang. If anything, reguarding the way the 1st gen stang was made off of a chassis from another car, the new stang is more stang than the old one. And I believe I read somewhere that the S197's are the most popular single car for aftermarket car producers.

And besides, 9 to 5 says that she either drives a Toyota Camry/Corolla or some stuipid minivan. Just think about that.
Old 8/1/07, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's clueless....laugh it off

I was a t a weekly car meet this evening. I was talking to a guy that had a very nice 66 Pony that was parked across from me. This woman with her 7 -9 year old son walks up and says to her son "Now this is a real Mustang".

I said pointing at my car "So what is that". She laughed and walk away. Her l son looked puzzled still stareing at my car.

She was probably just trying to pay the guy with the 66 Pony a compliment. When you pointed at your car and said "So what is that", she may have been embarrassed and felt nervous causing her to laugh.

Girls and women tend to giggle and laugh when they're nervous. Just look at some brides at their weddings. Smile, giggle, giggle. That's how they handle nervousness.

Then look at some of the grooms. Men when nervous sometimes tend to frown and look serious. Some look like they have a date with the executioner.

Just laugh it off. She didn't know what she was talking about. Totally clueless.
Old 8/1/07, 12:20 PM

I was at a weekly car meet this evening. I was talking to a guy that had a very nice 66 Pony that was parked across from me. This woman with her 7-9 year old son walks up and says to her son "Now this is a real Mustang".
I said pointing at my car "So what is that". She laughed and walk away. Her son looked puzzled still staring at my car.
You know what they say...
"Ignorance (just like stupidity) is bliss, except for those who have to deal with it"

Shine it on... We all know what makes for a real car & your's definitely fits the bill!
Old 8/1/07, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

It is not love that is blind, but jealousy. ~Lawrence Durrell, Justine, 1957

she probably wishes she never settled down and had children and married a fat slob that can only afford kia spectras with 100k miles on them. im sorry but if she said that to me i either would have said "and u drive what?" or maybe gone the distance and said, "just because you son was conceived in the back seat of a vinstange stang doesnt mean you have to bash a new one"

what a *****
Old 8/2/07, 05:50 PM

She probably drives a Gremlin from the 70's !!!
Old 8/2/07, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

shoulda said, yea but my new mustang, will make it 3 times as far before needing gas, the cd player is nice and loud and im not afraid to floor it
Old 8/2/07, 07:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
"and u drive what?" or maybe gone the distance and said, "just because you son was conceived in the back seat of a vinstange stang doesnt mean you have to bash a new one"

what a *****
best one yet
Old 8/2/07, 07:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang_Ed
She was probably just trying to pay the guy with the 66 Pony a compliment. When you pointed at your car and said "So what is that", she may have been embarrassed and felt nervous causing her to laugh.

Girls and women tend to giggle and laugh when they're nervous. Just look at some brides at their weddings. Smile, giggle, giggle. That's how they handle nervousness.

Then look at some of the grooms. Men when nervous sometimes tend to frown and look serious. Some look like they have a date with the executioner.

Just laugh it off. She didn't know what she was talking about. Totally clueless.
My wife giggled and laughed at everything she didn't understand.
The divorce was final last week.
Old 8/3/07, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by karman
My wife giggled and laughed at everything she didn't understand.
The divorce was final last week.
Funny (I hope). Yeah, I know, there's a big difference between gals who have a "good sense of humor" and as you read in the personals in the newspapers, "laughs a lot".
Old 8/3/07, 12:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Having owned and raced a '65 289 Mustang Coupe, a '68 327 Camaro, and a '75 350 Formula Firebird, I can say the my S197 GT vert out accelerates and out handles all of the above. Last year I drove my brother's 4.0L '06 S197 coupe and even it would have given the early pony cars good competition. Stock off the show room floors, they all suffered from axle wrap and understeer, moderate to severe. Since the manufacturers weren't using gavanized steel, rust was a serious problem.

As noted above the Mustang shared many parts with outher Ford products including the frame and running gear from a Falcon. The Camaro also shared a lot of it's parts with other chubbies including the Nova.

BB

Semper FI
Old 8/3/07, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Wait till her son turns 16 and comes home with an '07 Mustang. What's she gonna say then??!!!
Old 8/3/07, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I owned a 1964 1/2 Mustang with a built 289 when I was 17 yrs old and loved it , But it doesn't hold a candle to my 2005 GT. I won't wory about it! some people are just ignorant and in front of the kid, what a shame. Unfortunately the kid will end up just like her,because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Old 8/3/07, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Still hard to beat the feeling of the daily compliments I get EVERY SINGLE DAY I am out driving mine...

Old 8/3/07, 04:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mach
Still hard to beat the feeling of the daily compliments I get EVERY SINGLE DAY I am out driving mine...

thats so true mostly also form older people , especially now that the slp s are in and the quarter windows are done
Old 8/3/07, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Friggin' stupid narrow minded people. They are all Mustangs. Some are better than others but they all are fun cars and a good deal for the money.
Old 8/3/07, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't sweat it bro! Just think of how many GOOD compliments you get on your car. My car is stock and I constantly get compliments on it!
Old 8/3/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ar e you happy with your CAr ! Nuff said don't let some pysco beatch from hades ruin your day. Example two days ago this crazed beatch cuts me off speeding in her jeep, we both went to same store , I park behind and say excuse me but why did you cut me off and come so clode to hitting my car ? " That's my buisness she said" ok she did not want to be civil , so I have to means to run her plate and everyday she has woke up to a flat tire. Some day she'll understand or do that to the wrong person and not be so lucky. crazy women in a jeep !