2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fed Up, about to Give Up

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 12:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys@January 30, 2005, 12:56 PM
7) I am a priority 10, I understand this may be a good thing, even though I dont know what I did to deserve this/ Will this come into play with the allocation question I asked above?
Thanks Dave
You probably aren't priority 10. Most people's order sheets say "Priority 10", but thats just what the dealer uses to order the car. My DORA says 10, but after 2 months, I was 17.
Old 1/30/05, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Clemens9+January 30, 2005, 1:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ January 30, 2005, 1:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@January 30, 2005, 12:56 PM
7) I am a priority 10, I understand this may be a good thing, even though I dont know what I did to deserve this/ Will this come into play with the allocation question I asked above?
Thanks Dave
You probably aren't priority 10. Most people's order sheets say "Priority 10", but thats just what the dealer uses to order the car. My DORA says 10, but after 2 months, I was 17.
[/b][/quote]
That's exactly what I'm afraid has happened to me.
I think they lowered my priority and put a non-IUP car ahead of mine so they wouldn't lose an allocation.
Really SUX, too since there have been so many IUP cars built ahead of mine.
Old 1/30/05, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know it stinks. just wait !! i ordered on 11-4 and got it 1-21. was suppose to be here 1 st week of jan originally!!
Old 1/30/05, 08:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not in a competition with anyone at all, and whether it has been 8 weeks or 12, I am just very sick of the the way this ordering thing and lack of honesty from ford and the dealership, and worse of all being kept in the dark and seeing people ordering after you with the same car and equipment getting VIN's and build dates and deliveries, and here I am getting told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery at time of ordering, now it is 8 weeks later and I am no further along than when they first took my order, a little disheartening to say the least. So all the Oct and Nov order people have just been mad longer than me, and thats it, doesn't make anything OK.
Old 1/30/05, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@January 30, 2005, 9:40 PM
I am not in a competition with anyone at all, and whether it has been 8 weeks or 12, I am just very sick of the the way this ordering thing and lack of honesty from ford and the dealership, and worse of all being kept in the dark and seeing people ordering after you with the same car and equipment getting VIN's and build dates and deliveries, ...
Dave, I am just as frustrated as you, and I just ordered at the end of December. But, in my case anyway, I'm not sure that it's a case of dishonesty really. Maybe your dealer has been dishonest, I don't know. My salesman has been very truthful with me from the first day I came in to talk about ordering. The fact is, there are probably very few if any dealers who know when the IUP situation will improve. You'd think Ford would know though, so I do blame them for the lack of information. :notnice:

I'm with you, that if they'd just give me a build date, even if it was in March, I'd be very happy with that at this point.
Old 1/30/05, 08:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think they lowered my priority and put a non-IUP car ahead of mine so they wouldn't lose an allocation.
Unfortunately its not the dealer doing this, it's the factory. When they get to your order, even if you are first in line, if the commodities aren't available they go to the next lowest priority, then the next, and so on until they find a buildable unit. The dealer can't "carry" the allocation into the following week because the plant is already committed to building a unit for that slot. Now what happens is that 2-3 weeks later the commodities become available but your dealer's allocation for the month was already used up on the other units.

When the GT's were first limited in commodity we lost two allocated units to V6 stock orders that they just built and sent. Every order we had in the order bank at that time was for a GT so they just built us 2 V6's which are still sitting. The regional rep just decided what to build and sent them (V6, auto, no IUP).
Old 1/30/05, 09:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Karpro@January 30, 2005, 9:59 PM
Unfortunately its not the dealer doing this, it's the factory. When they get to your order, even if you are first in line, if the commodities aren't available they go to the next lowest priority, then the next, and so on until they find a buildable unit. The dealer can't "carry" the allocation into the following week because the plant is already committed to building a unit for that slot. Now what happens is that 2-3 weeks later the commodities become available but your dealer's allocation for the month was already used up on the other units.

When the GT's were first limited in commodity we lost two allocated units to V6 stock orders that they just built and sent. Every order we had in the order bank at that time was for a GT so they just built us 2 V6's which are still sitting. The regional rep just decided what to build and sent them (V6, auto, no IUP).
The allocation thing totally sux, if you bypass my car, and build the next lowest buildable priority, GREAT, I understand, BUT, when my car is buildable, I should be priority one because you bypassed me, your short coming not mine , or my fault, and just because you filled my dealers allocation for that week, should have no bearing on me. Now lets say you bypassed me for 2 weeks due to parts, now the part problem is resolved but now you cant build my car because 2 weeks ago you built my dealer a car so now you cant build mine, so now i have to wait until my dealer is due an allocation again and if you have the parts then you can build my car, but now if you have another part shortage, due to running out because you were building other cars that had allocation, i start all over again, That my friend is a total crock of s#@t. talk about making the wrong guy suffer, the guy you are trying to impress the most............ME, the darn customer!!!

PS: meanwhile , you have 2000 dollars of my hard earned money, which I gave to you in good faith, and trusted your empty promises! Yeah, i feel great, well if FORD has a better idea, it sure is not Customer satisfaction or building / production proceedures...I am really in awe of how this fiasco works. As i said before, clusterf#@K!!!
Rant Over...Sorry
Old 1/30/05, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
WOW! Thanks for saying what's been on my mind for a while now. Only I've been trying to be polite about it and not bug the salesman for fear of anything negative happening to my order.
David hit the nail on the head. Think how frustrating it is for us to see all these other cars getting scheduled and built while ours just sit there in limbo. Something's not right here.
Except for when Paul steps in every now and then, I've been completely in the dark as far as my salesman goes. The only time I hear from him is when I initiate the contact. I'm sure he has a lot of other customers, but how many of them have been waiting longer than I have? Is once a week too much to ask?
Thank god I'm getting such a great price.
Old 1/30/05, 10:36 PM

I ordered mine in October... still nothing . Oh well, I got x-plan and i didnt have to give a deposit... I figure, the longer I wait, the bigger the down payment can be, lol.
Old 1/30/05, 10:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by StangNut@January 30, 2005, 11:01 PM
WOW! Thanks for saying what's been on my mind for a while now. Only I've been trying to be polite about it and not bug the salesman for fear of anything negative happening to my order.
David hit the nail on the head. Think how frustrating it is for us to see all these other cars getting scheduled and built while ours just sit there in limbo. Something's not right here.
Except for when Paul steps in every now and then, I've been completely in the dark as far as my salesman goes. The only time I hear from him is when I initiate the contact. I'm sure he has a lot of other customers, but how many of them have been waiting longer than I have? Is once a week too much to ask?
Thank god I'm getting such a great price.
Exactly
Old 1/30/05, 10:56 PM
FR500 Member

We've all been lucky to have Karpro give us info, my dealer wouldn't give me any info until he told me to come pick-up my car...so I know how you all feel. I know you've heard this a thousand times over, but it is worth the wait.
Old 1/30/05, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm thankful for this forum, my dealer has not contacted me once since I've ordered the car 11/18/04. I called maybe 4 times and the fleet manager was annoyed that I wanted the DORA. Afterall he did order the car with missing options initially, what did he expect? Anyway since getting my DORA I have not called them, I get my updates on my own. Currently scheduled to be built next week, so I'm pretty excited. I will be calling the dealer soon though, I don't want a front plate mounted.

Just keep waiting, I'm sure you're going through the vicious allocation circle previously mentioned.