2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fed Up, about to Give Up

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 11:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@January 28, 2005, 11:02 PM
OK, I know I'm about to get flamed from some of you, but I thought I'd share my feelings looking for some support. I ordered mid Nov, it's now the end of Jan, and I've made no progress. I'm tired of being stressed over it. I have a car I need to sell, I want my 'Stang, and I'm sick of not even being able to plan on when it might get here. I'm sorry but it is a bunch of crap.
I know "go buy one off the lot..." I've searched and searched. Anyone know of one like my order (see sig)? Can't find it anywhere. I'm barely even able to find a GT.
I know "it's just a car..." Yes, but it's one that I want. I don't want a GTO, I don't want one w/out IUP, I don't want a v6. I want what I ordered. :stubborn:
I know I sound like a spoiled kid. I'm not, I'm 28 and have always wanted something like this, I've honestly found my dream car, but I'm sick of being put off. I've worked hard for it, I ordered it months ago and told it would be here in 6-8 weeks. Yes, I knew better, but I didn't think that 3 months later I would have nothing more than a DORA.
???Can a brother get a build date???
AAAArgh. :bang: Sorry for the rant, maybe some of you who have been through this can give me some advice. Time for a

Do know how you feel. I waited forty years for mine. I would be willing to bet your dealer had no allocation and could not even order and he is just stringing you along Why not go to Brandon as they seem to get a lot of mustangs. Florida and California seem to be getting most of the cars at this time. Do you have a DORA or a VIN number yet? If not its time to ROLL ON

Just checked for you Brandonford.com located in Tampa has 11 GTs right now on the lot. Like I said ROLL ON
Old 1/29/05, 12:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Now I know that this is no solace to all of our pending situations , there are so many what ifs, I myself often thought what if I cacelled and ythen rewanted LONGER WAIT and then it was mentioned to drink beer and then I thought of this
"A heard of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the heard is hunted,it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that arekilled first. This natural selection is good for the heard as a whole,because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster more effecient machine.
That's why you feel smarter after a few beers.
Now I feel so much better. :scratch: :worship:
Old 1/29/05, 12:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't read all the posts but I will say that I waited for four months to get my car. If you can hold out that you will not regret it one bit.
Just give it time the car is the best buy on the market right now just think about it.
300 HP starting at 25000.00
Very nice interior and it is the hottest looking car out there.
You may need to wait but you will be way happy you did.
Hang in there.

I feel your pain
Old 1/29/05, 01:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry to much especially about the IUP I ordered in late Nov and my car is being built weeks of Feb 7th, based on your dealers allocation (you should find out if they are allocated any cars and what month they are) it should have a build date soon
Old 1/29/05, 03:38 AM

I was one of the very first orders. it took me over 6 months go get the car.
Old 1/29/05, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Same boat as you, ordered 11-19, no word either. called dealer all they say is hopefully soon. But you are right, this wait is killing me too.

Sam
Old 1/29/05, 05:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@January 29, 2005, 2:04 AM
I myself often thought what if I cacelled and ythen rewanted LONGER WAIT and then it was mentioned to drink beer and then I thought of this...
Dude, take your mittens off before you type! I still can't figure out what you meant here. But I love the analogy! BEER rocks. Especially some Canadian beers. Heck, even Mike's Hard Lemonade has more alcohol in it than the same product here in the states. Maybe that's why I love visiting my Canuck buddies so much... :moose: :spin:

Hey John, IndyStang told me about a Torch GT in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Is that too far to travel? There's even one here in Richmond, if you believe the internet database. However, I'm pretty sure they both have the "upgraded" wheels. They're probably NOT like the car WE want! But in times like these, some compromises might have to be made. I guess it depends on how flexible we are willing to be, eh? What about your deposit? Is it refundable if you cancel your order?

Chris
Old 1/29/05, 06:02 AM
Cobra Member

I ordered two days before you.... I was told before Christmas. The dealer wasn't gonna give me crap for my truck I was gonna get rid of so they said sell it by mid Dec, I did.... I have to drive my brother-in-law's crapy KIA until my car gets here. I'm still C/U and the dealer just shrugs....... I got mine at x-plan price and some other deals, after everything including taxes, title, tags and all that I'm only paying $30 over the old price invoice. Just hang in there or have some of us do searches for ya and see if we can find something close...
Old 1/29/05, 07:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

For those willing to consider the Northeast, there are 3 GT's sitting on a dealers lot near me. They have:

White, 5 Speed, Leather, No IUP

Mineral Grey, 5 SP, Leather w/IUP

Sonic Blue, Auto, Cloth w/IUP

All have the upgraded rims, and I am not sure about other options. The dealer also has a number of V6's. I am pretty sure they are a MSRP dealer. PM me if you want more info.
Old 1/29/05, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

I considered ordering, wasn't going to get a deal either way. But I just kept looking up on the ford site for cars that matched what I wanted. Found one and got it at MSRP, which in most cases would bother me but not for this car and the fact I got it early january. Sure it has a spoiler, automatic and "upgraded" wheels which I would not have ordered but I couldn't be happier with it. Truth be told, don't tell anyone, I'm actually really glad I got the auto and spoiler now :shock:

Hope you can hold on, it will be really worth it and the wait will just make you enjoy it all the more when you do get it. I'm sure it's frustrating, especially when you see so many others with one already but you'll get it.

Also consider some people put orders in in like june of 2004, although I'm sure they knew there was going to be an incredible wait.
Old 1/29/05, 08:48 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. It's kind of what I figured, keep waiting, it's worth the wait. I just got out of bed on this Sat morning and the first thing I do is come to this site, Lord help me. Time to call the 800 # and get an update. B)
Old 1/29/05, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

I hope you get it soon! And when you do, you have an automatic entrance into the Torch Red Club
Old 1/29/05, 09:34 AM

hey there 05GT-O.C.D. i am sure you remember me i am the one that ordered back in OCT and still have nothing but as posted i went to my dealer on Thursday and finally got the long waited for DORA that said it was processed on 1/13/05 for whatever reason and finally got my dealer to change my priority from 45 to a 10 I too have been making all the oh so lovely calls to FORD and get the usual comments. When my wife got home early so we could go to my dealership to see if anything new happend i was really down when she asked whats up i told her that i am tired of hearing the same thing every week NO CHANGES bla blah blah Material HOLD etc. I know alot of ppl say to check Brandon Ford here in Florida which is great and all but allmost all the cars are ordered without IUP. So hopefully we both can pull through and maybe get our stangs about the same time
Old 1/29/05, 09:36 AM

I feel all the pain of my fellow waiters... I ordered on 12/14, right about the time the hold was placed on orders with IUP and mine got caught in that. Many who ordered just days or weeks before me are getting theirs built and planning for their delivery date, while I still sit in C&U. :bang: :bang:

At least I get to vicariously drive and enjoy my Stang on this site every day. Makes the waiting, if not tolerable, at least bearable.
Old 1/29/05, 09:56 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 29, 2005, 11:37 AM
hey there 05GT-O.C.D. i am sure you remember me i am the one that ordered back in OCT and still have nothing but as posted i went to my dealer on Thursday and finally got the long waited for DORA that said it was processed on 1/13/05 for whatever reason and finally got my dealer to change my priority from 45 to a 10 I too have been making all the oh so lovely calls to FORD and get the usual comments. When my wife got home early so we could go to my dealership to see if anything new happend i was really down when she asked whats up i told her that i am tired of hearing the same thing every week NO CHANGES bla blah blah Material HOLD etc. I know alot of ppl say to check Brandon Ford here in Florida which is great and all but allmost all the cars are ordered without IUP. So hopefully we both can pull through and maybe get our stangs about the same time
On my way back to my house from picking up the car I'll be stopping on the Sunshine Skyway to get a pic of the car. Maybe I'll be able to meet you somewhere and grab a good pic of the 2 together. Good luck, misery loves company, I know you're waiting too.
Old 1/29/05, 09:59 AM

sounds like a plan i am about 2 hours away from the sunshine skyway and it would be a great 1st drive :drive:
Old 1/29/05, 11:59 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
If you don't mind flying to Houston, here's your car.
It's not that expensive to fly if you pick the right time.
I'd be willing to fly anywhere in the country if I could find the car I have on order because it's been over 2 months and still hasn't even been pulled.

http://www.tomballfords.com/pages/present/...HT82H555136580#
Old 1/30/05, 10:49 AM
cti
V6 Member

I am in the same boat as you I ordered on 10/27/04 and as of today I am still C/U. But the dealership got a manual gt in without the iup and let me take it for a drive twice this week and that car is so GREAT I will wait till this Oct. if that's what it takes. Just join the wait club with me and soon we will be in the owners of one bad **** car club!
Old 1/30/05, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, here we go again,I ordered on 12 07 04, still C/U with no change in sight, and no info or help from the dealership or from Ford, I was told 6-8 weeks for delivery, its now 8 weeks, and nothing yet, frustration is an understatement, just got off the phone with Ford cust serv and they said they were sorry and be patient could take 10 weeks, another lie, that car does not have a remote chance of being here in 10 weeks, that is just 2 weeks away, Actually, I would just like some reliable information that I could count on, in truth i would be happy if the car was here for the end of March, after that I will really begin to get upset, and seriously consider canceling my order and go for the 06 Titanium Stang, hopefully they will have some of the bugs worked out by then.
I have a few questions:
1) When do you get a DORA and how important is this to have, all I got was a "Vehicle order confirmation" on the day I ordered and left my deposit..The dealer is playing stupid on this when I inquired about a DORA, they dont know what I am talking about.
2) Allocation vs my order...can someone explain this to me in detail, what should I be asking my dealer regarding this?
3)I left a 2000 dollar deposit ( which I think with the length of time that may be involved they should paying me the interest I am losing on this money), would this dep be refunded without a hassle, if yes, when would it become a hassle?
4) when can the 06 be ordered?
5) I did some checking around at local lots, even if they had a GT, they would not let it go at x-plan price, only if i ordered it!
6) is there a way to do a search to find out real quick if my car exists anywhere in america in a dealers inventory
7) I am a priority 10, I understand this may be a good thing, even though I dont know what I did to deserve this/ Will this come into play with the allocation question I asked above?
8) Hey Karpro, you seem to be the neiborhood Guru on this subject, whadayathink????????
Thanks Dave
Old 1/30/05, 12:09 PM
I lust for a M24

Dave, take a look at the poll I just started today. At last check, over 50% of the people who ordered in Oct and Nov are still C/U. It took my dealer over a month to get my DORA to me, but I found out that the order was placed on time. They didn't seem to think the DORA was any big deal since they gave me my confirmation sheet, which is the same thing according to them. At least you're priority 10, I'm at 21 and they said changing it wouldn't get my car to me sooner... waiting... waiting... and actually starting to get PO'd!

Quick Reply: Fed Up, about to Give Up