2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Factory Active Alarm ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/15 | 10:08 AM
V6 Member

Factory Active Alarm ?'s

Apologize if this is the wrong section still getting used to this forums layout. Anyway just picked up an 09 GT/CS and I'm looking for info on the factory alarms. I have the motion sensors in my dome light cluster and i have tried multiple times to set it off with no luck. How can i tell if it actually has the active alarm? I want to add it but before i shell out $300 i want to be sure it doesn't already have it and just been disabled by the previous owner. Does it have a dedicated fuse? My owners manual is kinda vague (not the original manual). I don't want to get stuck in a refund loop since my dealer wants me to buy directly from the ford parts site and then select them as the installer. I just don't want to have $300 tied up in limbo if it ends up already installed. Thanks for any help my searches didn't return much info on that package.
Old 5/9/15 | 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

I don't know about the '09, but my '14 has the active alarm. I learned the embarrassing way on a ferry that if I armed the system by pushing once or twice on the remote button it armed the active alarm and the motion of the ferry set it off. I was paged to return to my car and turn it off. I read the manual and found that to arm the perimeter alarm without arming the motion sensor active alarm I needed to lock the car using the key in the door. If yours is the same way you should be able to arm it with the remote while outside the car and set it off by rocking the car.
Old 5/9/15 | 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

I had the active alarm in my 08. I accidentally set it off when I had the windows open and locked the car ( clicked the lock button twice) and tried to reach for something in the cup holder. I would try doing that and seeing if it works.
Old 5/9/15 | 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I do believe if the roof is down and all windows are up thats how it works. Stick your arm in and try and grab something. It should go off.
Old 5/9/15 | 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Awesome thanks for the input I'll check it out the car is a coupe and I tried it with Windows down doors locked with remote and when I reached in nothing happened . I'll try a few different combos and see if anything works.
Old 5/9/15 | 01:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Put your VIN # into the site below and it will pull up your original window sticker which will show all the options your car had. I just ran the vin for the 08 I had (it had the security package) and it shows up on the right side of the window sticker where all options are listed.

Shows up as

Active Anti-Theft System 325.00

http://www.kwford.com/look-up-window...n_mercury.aspx
Old 5/10/15 | 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Really you have to shop for a vehicle before Ken Wilson ford let's you look what a bull crap link there are more direct ones.
Old 5/11/15 | 12:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Really you have to shop for a vehicle before Ken Wilson ford let's you look what a bull crap link there are more direct ones.
What do you mean shop for a vehicle? It takes me directly to the page where you put in your vin and then the sticker comes up.
Old 5/11/15 | 07:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by 09-gt/cs
Awesome thanks for the input I'll check it out the car is a coupe and I tried it with Windows down doors locked with remote and when I reached in nothing happened . I'll try a few different combos and see if anything works.
I’m happy to check for you, 09-gt/cs! Please, PM me with your VIN. You can also add your VIN to this link for your window sticker.

Deysha
Old 5/11/15 | 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I tried it and it didn't find the page, and it had a disclaimer that said vehicles prior to 09 might not be in the list. I also tried Deysha's link and it took me to a page that told me the vin number was missing, but I never a page that gave me the chance to enter one?
Old 5/11/15 | 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I tried it and it didn't find the page, and it had a disclaimer that said vehicles prior to 09 might not be in the list. I also tried Deysha's link and it took me to a page that told me the vin number was missing, but I never a page that gave me the chance to enter one?
If you use Deysha's link you have to go up to the address line that will end in vin= and add your VIN. I tried it and it worked for mine.
Old 5/11/15 | 03:06 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Originally Posted by tukatz
If you use Deysha's link you have to go up to the address line that will end in vin= and add your VIN. I tried it and it worked for mine.
The link only works for vehicle 7 years and newer, guys.

Deysha
Old 5/16/15 | 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Put your VIN # into the site below and it will pull up your original window sticker which will show all the options your car had. I just ran the vin for the 08 I had (it had the security package) and it shows up on the right side of the window sticker where all options are listed.

Shows up as

Active Anti-Theft System 325.00

http://www.kwford.com/look-up-window...n_mercury.aspx

I went to this website last night. I put my vin number in with no problems. I have an 08 GT that was built in November of 07. I also printed off a copy of my window sticker. I found out some things about my car that I didn't know about.
Old 5/16/15 | 05:05 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Another story posted here I believe long ago was that one member would lock his car in the garage overnight and one night it went off by itself. Woke everyone up and he had to go out and manually with the fob turn it off. Then the next night it did the same thing. Come to find out that there was a Moth or other insect in the car and when it flew around the inside it would set off the alarm.
Old 5/20/15 | 10:06 PM
V6 Member

That moth should sue for emotional distress with all that noise. It was just doing its thing.