2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ERL stuck in time?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/06, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ERL stuck in time?

So the ERL says, As of July 28th your order is scheduled to be built the week of July 24th with an ETA to dealer of August 13th"...wff?

I understand when it said that prior to the end of the month...but why does it still say that?

Anyone have any input?

(I am nervous now because not only did I have to register my existing car in my father's name to take advantage of a loophole in the emissions inspection failure...but I just took money in good faith from a relative to sell it to them in a couple of weeks..which is great because I can use it for the down payment...but it stresses me out driving (what is essentially) someone else's car, registered in someone else's name on someone else's insurance.
Old 8/1/06, 10:42 AM

Up until this morning when I called it said "as of July 27th your unit is scheduled to be built week of July 24th..." and has said that for the last 2 weeks. This morning when I called it said as of the 28th your unit has been released...

When I called my salesperson this morning right after that it was in the process of being unloaded from a car hauler and will be picked up as soon as I leave work today (WooHoo).

Hopefully yours is just a day behind mine and tommorrow ERL will say it was released.
Old 8/1/06, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
So the ERL says, As of July 28th your order is scheduled to be built the week of July 24th with an ETA to dealer of August 13th"...wff?

I understand when it said that prior to the end of the month...but why does it still say that?

Anyone have any input?

(I am nervous now because not only did I have to register my existing car in my father's name to take advantage of a loophole in the emissions inspection failure...but I just took money in good faith from a relative to sell it to them in a couple of weeks..which is great because I can use it for the down payment...but it stresses me out driving (what is essentially) someone else's car, registered in someone else's name on someone else's insurance.
Your car was scheduled to be built on the 28th. It should arrive to you either late next week or early the following week. When mine said "ETA to dealer week of July1", it arrived at the railyard on June 29 and at the dealer June 30.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/1/06, 11:14 AM
GT Member

Here's hoping

Thanks for the input guys...and jimcald...congrats!
Old 8/1/06, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jimcald
Up until this morning when I called it said "as of July 27th your unit is scheduled to be built week of July 24th..." and has said that for the last 2 weeks. This morning when I called it said as of the 28th your unit has been released...

When I called my salesperson this morning right after that it was in the process of being unloaded from a car hauler and will be picked up as soon as I leave work today (WooHoo).

Hopefully yours is just a day behind mine and tommorrow ERL will say it was released.
Jim,
Never heard of someone getting their car 5 days after it was built (assuming it was built July 27) and 4 days after being released. How close to FlatRock are you?
-Chip in SC
Old 8/1/06, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Jim,
Never heard of someone getting their car 5 days after it was built (assuming it was built July 27) and 4 days after being released. How close to FlatRock are you?
-Chip in SC
15 miles

My dealer had told me the ETA was usually 3 days after the car was released (and it appears he was correct)...
Old 8/1/06, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jimcald
15 miles

My dealer had told me the ETA was usually 3 days after the car was released (and it appears he was correct)...
LOL, I guess that explains a lot! Congrats on the new arrival. Make sure to post some pics.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/1/06, 03:11 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
MMMMM I agree with the part that the ERL is alittle behind. I just came back from talking to my Dealer. My 1st ordered car that I cancel but the Dealer didn't kill the order is schedule to be built the week of Aug. 14th according to the ERL. My dealer showed me his order list and it says the car was produced on July 28th and is awaiting transportion to the dealer (appx 160 miles from Flat Rock). But I reordered a GT/CS and that order is still "Clean and unschedule as of July 28th".
The Dealer show me a list of 17 Mustangs that he was ordered for people not for stock. Plus they are a main Saleen dealer so he says he has a high priority for ordering Mustangs. MMM if my 1st order comes in by next Wednesday that would be 8 weeks from ordering (minus 2 weeks for plant shut down would be 6 weeks). I just wish my other order would take 6 weeks, I asked about any Holds and He told me there are no holds for any option at this time. I also told him to give me a date for my GT/CS to be deliver, I told him just to lied to me just so I could have a date in my mind....please!!!!!! This waiting is driving me crazy and my Daughter just took my Saturn so I only have a F-250 to drive at 10 mpg. Maybe when my 1st order comes in I'll take it out for a long test drive.
Old 8/1/06, 03:32 PM
GT Member

If I lived 15 miles from Flat Rock I'd take the day off and go watch them build mine this Friday. I know you used to be able to do this, not sure if it's allowed anymore.

I once heard it was bad luck to have a car built on Friday because the workers had approaching weekend syndrome. I hope this is an urban legend.
Old 8/1/06, 03:39 PM
V6 Member

Not sure what's going on with ERL. As of Sunday evening she said "as of Aug 7 you are locked in for production week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 15." As of 5:45 AM this morning she tells me "as of Aug 7 your unit is scheduled to be built week of Aug 7, ETA dealership week of Aug 21." I guess you guys are correct - she's a flirt and a tease.

Good Luck with yours.
Old 8/1/06, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey dly,

What part of Indiana are you from? I read a post that mentioned Jordan Ford in Mishawaka. I am from South Bend but most of my family live in Mishawaka. My uncle owns Powel the Florist on Liberty Drive.

Just curious.

Bob
Old 8/1/06, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Jim,
-Chip in SC
Chip - Mine was here in 4 days to NJ. It was built last wednesday and was at the dealership Monday morning.
Old 8/2/06, 04:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VVVROOM
Chip - Mine was here in 4 days to NJ. It was built last wednesday and was at the dealership Monday morning.
Geez, that was fast! The train must have made a direct trip to your rail yard. Uh, unless they drove your car there...how many miles were on it? LOL!
-Chip in SC
Old 8/2/06, 07:25 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BeBeep
Hey dly,

What part of Indiana are you from? I read a post that mentioned Jordan Ford in Mishawaka. I am from South Bend but most of my family live in Mishawaka. My uncle owns Powel the Florist on Liberty Drive.

Just curious.

Bob
Howdy BeBeep

I knew a Shawn that knew people at Powell's, works at ND. We were Firefighters for German Twp. Fire Dept. together till his divoce happen. I live at the Northern edge of South Bend just North of Cleveland Rd. If you look at my little picture on the side you can tell where I work.

dly
Old 8/2/06, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Dude, Shawn is my cousin and his dad owns Powells. Shawn is a great guy, too bad about his divorce. I know the area you are referring very well. Atleast I did back until late 1980. I left So. Bend and joined the military. I have been back almost every year since 1980 and man have things changed.

I think Shawn still works at ND but I am not sure.

Bob