2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

End of Year Whipple Specials!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/07, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Ken for the answers. I will be saving that number.

If you don't mind I have another question about the Whipple kit 500HP kit. I am pretty mechanically inclined. I've rebuilt engines, rear-ends and just about anything I can think of on a car except transmissions....

It it all that difficult to install ? Apart from the pump wiring it looks pretty straight forward from the installation manual that I found. the 900 or so I save on installation could go towards dyno tune/gauges. Or is it that much better to have it installed by a shop ?

Thank you once again for your time.
Old 12/3/07, 06:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Thank you Ken for the answers. I will be saving that number.

If you don't mind I have another question about the Whipple kit 500HP kit. I am pretty mechanically inclined. I've rebuilt engines, rear-ends and just about anything I can think of on a car except transmissions....

It it all that difficult to install ? Apart from the pump wiring it looks pretty straight forward from the installation manual that I found. the 900 or so I save on installation could go towards dyno tune/gauges. Or is it that much better to have it installed by a shop ?

Thank you once again for your time.

The biggest problem I see on people doing the install themselves is when it's their daily driver and they are rushing to get it done because they need to drive it. If you can take your time and can follow instructions and are comfortable wrenching then I think it's ok to try and tackle this on your own.

The nice thing about getting it installed at a shop (at least at our shop) is if you have any issues, you just take it back and it's someone elses headache.
Old 12/3/07, 08:28 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken,

I took care of the problem, its in the graveyard.

Every once in awhile, you just gotta push the button on someone.

TDS