2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Educate Your Daughters

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/05, 02:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mister_e @ May 11+ 2005, 10:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister_e @ May 11 @ 2005, 10:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>.... But here in Dallas there are A LOT of Mustang...
<!--QuoteBegin-MojoKhan
@May 12, 2005, 8:42 PM

Concur. I cant drive 1/4 mile without passing at least one other Stang. So its tough to wave at them all. Although today I was on Harry Hines and I passed another White '05 and I waved. He just stared at me. *shrug*
[/b][/quote]
I must live in a wierd area of Fort Worth. I have yet to see an '05 on the road since I got mine. Though I do see alot of other Mustangs. I mostly get stares and no waves.
Old 5/27/05, 04:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't apply that to just young people. I have noticed more 05's on the road lately. Most of them recently that I have seen, the other driver did not notice my 05 or care for the Mustang camaraderie and they were not youngsters. Might just be that the part of the general population that does not really give a hoot about the car are starting to buy them. Or maybe they could give a rats hiney about anyone else who has one. Not sure, but either way I look to make eye contact and wave or give a "nice car" if they are being sociable. They all looked great. Just my .02
Old 5/28/05, 08:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Holy snot y'all!
Yesterday I kid you not- I saw prolly 30 other 05s on the road.And this isn't counting the three I see daily.
Including a Black GT with ICAP
Sonic Vert with Parchment top
Several Sonics(rare sight around here)
Silver gt
I was shellshocked.And amazed
Old 5/28/05, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 27, 2005, 9:57 AM
There's a new black GT in town......DO NOT look them in the eye. She is quite hostile.
I mistook her for my black Gt friend the other day- if looks could melt....
She probably named hers Medusa.
Old 5/28/05, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

we just got back from the big isle of Hawaii yesterday, boy the rental fleet of 05 verts has landed big time!!!, every time you turn around there they are, all the clolors also...and all v6s, only saw one private GT coupe in yellow the whole time we were there.

In the Seattle area we still dont see to many, maybe one or two every other day.

My order should be picked up any day now, tick-tick aaaargh!
Old 5/28/05, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by fleasome@May 10, 2005, 8:19 PM
OK. I remember when I inherited my 1968 GT from my dad. I really started noticing other mustangs and reading about them. I thought they were the greatest thing on the road. As a general rule, every time you saw another mustang, no matter what model or year, you'd wave. They'd wave back. It was part of owning a mustang, the pride of it.

So today, there I am on the highway in my '05. I see in my rear view mirror a V6 coupe coming up, white with Shelby Stripes that were added. So I slow down a bit and hang my hand out the window and wave. The young 16 year old drives past my Legend Lime '05 without so much of a glance. I couldn't believe it.

So all I'm really saying, is make them appreciate it. This is the second teeny bopper I've seen in a V6 that doesn't apparantly appreciate the heritage.

/rant off

OK, it wasn't really a rant, but a thought.

I have to say all this email about waving/not waving is getting old. In some places it's illegal to gesture to other drivers. In this world where road rage is killing people left and right I tend to keep both hands on the wheel. Not to mention I don't know which gang symbol is for which gang and which might be how much you're willing to pay for crack/pot/meth.

The average 16 year old girl thinks older guys driving mustangs are pervs. I wouldn't want my daughter waving at older guys or other strangers too much either. I can see us in court already with the defense saying that her waving was an invitation for him to x/y/z her.

Anyway almost off my soapbox. If you wave and some one waives back - great smile and go on your way. If they don't wave, don't let it ruin your day. I'd be glad they don't give you the finger or shoot at you thinking you're in a rival gang.
Old 5/28/05, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I can relate to those of you who see a mustang every 10-20 cars! Thats how it is here, so while it is hard to wave at all of them i do tend to wave at the nicely modded ones or the 05's. I have received a few waves and thumbs up, but i have gotten many more "mean faces" than smiles...JEALOUS i think! I know that jealous feeling all too well from the months i waited to get mine and seeing others in their 05's, but even then i still gave the thumbs up and smiled.