2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate Your Daughters

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/05, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK. I remember when I inherited my 1968 GT from my dad. I really started noticing other mustangs and reading about them. I thought they were the greatest thing on the road. As a general rule, every time you saw another mustang, no matter what model or year, you'd wave. They'd wave back. It was part of owning a mustang, the pride of it.

So today, there I am on the highway in my '05. I see in my rear view mirror a V6 coupe coming up, white with Shelby Stripes that were added. So I slow down a bit and hang my hand out the window and wave. The young 16 year old drives past my Legend Lime '05 without so much of a glance. I couldn't believe it.

So all I'm really saying, is make them appreciate it. This is the second teeny bopper I've seen in a V6 that doesn't apparantly appreciate the heritage.

/rant off

OK, it wasn't really a rant, but a thought.

Old 5/10/05, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you still got the 68? man what a sweet car
Old 5/10/05, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

dang, dont even wave anymore, they buy those mustangs because they're cute, gosh i dont even know if all of them know that they're driving such a legendary car. That is an awesome 68 right there man
Old 5/10/05, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I try to wave to everybody in mustangs... and no 2005s take note of me. I mean, I am in a TORCH RED car people!! How can you miss me? Guys in the older 93-95 and 99-04 stangs usually wave back and smile.

Its like on my bike.... I always wave, the harley dudes and the young kids on sport bikes never wave back. It all depends on the type of person.
Old 5/10/05, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw a yellow 05 GT here by my house and flashed my lights, the guy stuck his arm out the window and waved. Very cool. Then this past weekend I crossed paths with a black 05 GT vert, but by the time I noticed, it was too late to flash the lights, wave, honk, etc. My intentions were there, I just wasn't quick enough on the draw. The guy may have thought I was a jerk, but he didn't wave or honk at me, so...

It should be a rule, see another 05, flash your headlights. Not brights, on then off, or off then back on if it's at night. Let's make a new club...

Sean
Old 5/10/05, 10:17 PM
Cobra R Member

azoufan, ill make sure i drive around chandler until i see you and flash my lights Do you have an aftermarket exhaust on your car?
Old 5/10/05, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey lets not start on us young women here. It's not just us but everyone. I was pulling into a parking lot & a woman (looked mid 30's) was sitting there in a silver 05 V6er. She saw me & gave me the "go to hades" look.

Why? What did I ever do to her? So, if you are going to rant, rant about it all. The old & young. And not just the women either. I am sure there are plenty of the male species out there who don't wave either.

In fact, I met my cousin in his ?04? GT just today, I waved & he didn't even lift a finger.

~*~Kera~*~
Old 5/10/05, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fazm@May 10, 2005, 10:20 PM
azoufan, ill make sure i drive around chandler until i see you and flash my lights Do you have an aftermarket exhaust on your car?
No aftermarket exhaust here. If that ever happens, it will be one of the last mods I make, I'm VERY happy with the tone and sound level of the stock exhaust. Hmmm, your car looks familiar, do you live in Chandler? There is a V6 in my neighborhood that looks just like yours.

Sean
Old 5/10/05, 11:53 PM
GT Member

Arrow

I think your very stereotypic~ Stereotyping someone is alittle lame, who knows maybe that girl didn't even see you. If i was a young girl like that and some old crusty guy waved at me I would be like FREAK! Not saying your old and crusty~
Old 5/11/05, 07:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Waving or not waving can't be segmented. I wave to all Mustang owners but there's too many factors to consider. Some encounters:

A woman in an '94-'98 waved

A guy in an '04 wouldn't even look over (We were stopped next to each other at a light and his wife/girlfriend was talking to him pointing at my car.)

A guy in a '99-'04 honked and waved as we passed each other around a clover leaf

Two girls in a V6 had no reaction, neither did a guy driving my car's twin as we approached and drove past going in opposite directions

It's no big deal. If they wave back it's cool, if not.. I don't give it a second thought.

I will say this though, from my experience owning a Wrangler, that "wave" club seems much stronger and tighter knit. I had a wrangler for 2 years and 100% of the time (I was amazed it never failed) whenever I encountered another wrangler they waved; old, young, female, male, in-state, out-of-state, didn't matter.
Old 5/11/05, 07:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Miata "wave" club is pretty tight knit as well, a buddy of mine used to own one and every Miata would wave as we drove past them.
Old 5/11/05, 07:33 AM

I see so few other 05's, I'm usually staring so hard at the car, I sometimes forget to flash, or wave, until the other driver is by and can't see the gesture. Sorry to anyone out there I may have slighted, I certainly didn't mean it.
Old 5/11/05, 08:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by fleasome@May 10, 2005, 9:19 PM
OK. I remember when I inherited my 1968 GT from my dad. I really started noticing other mustangs and reading about them. I thought they were the greatest thing on the road. As a general rule, every time you saw another mustang, no matter what model or year, you'd wave. They'd wave back. It was part of owning a mustang, the pride of it.

So today, there I am on the highway in my '05. I see in my rear view mirror a V6 coupe coming up, white with Shelby Stripes that were added. So I slow down a bit and hang my hand out the window and wave. The young 16 year old drives past my Legend Lime '05 without so much of a glance. I couldn't believe it.

So all I'm really saying, is make them appreciate it. This is the second teeny bopper I've seen in a V6 that doesn't apparantly appreciate the heritage.

/rant off

OK, it wasn't really a rant, but a thought.

Lee, I got my car Tuesday, the only Sonic Blue one in town so I thought. Just as I'm pulling into my addition from my trip from the dealer, a go past a Sonic Blue V6 with a hood scoop, a sun roof, louvers and C-scoops. I wave at them and the youngster just look at me and ignore my wave .......... Generation Gap :scratch:
Old 5/11/05, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those pics side by side is priceless!

but I know what you mean, I passed a V6 2005 mustang EXACTLY LIKE MINE, but with tan interior on the highway the other day. I got right on side of it and drove that way waiting to wave or , whatever. The guy never looked. I blew the horn... nothing.

crazy.... dont understand it at all!
Old 5/11/05, 08:21 AM
V6 Member

Jeep people are wavers too, but you run into the same thing, people who look at you like your wacked when you wave.
Old 5/11/05, 08:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My average 05 on the road 05s ignore me....As I do them. Occasionally I will play cat and mouse or the Dukes of Hazzard with them just for fun. This is how I once came to jump a railroad track sideways..Showing off for a spanking new black sixer.

I have my two morning GT friends and my weekend GT friend, they are the only ones that wave to me.
Old 5/11/05, 08:27 AM
GT Member

I always wave at other Mustangs and being that Sunny is my 4th... I've been doing it for years. I do get some weird looks tho when I'm driving my daily "beater" (a Nissan Sentra) and wave at a Stang... but its force of habit.
Old 5/11/05, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

""""""""Generation Gap""""""""""""

Nope. Again, this is not a generation gap, gender dominate occurance. It happens from all sides. Young, old, male, & female.
Old 5/11/05, 10:05 AM
GT Member

I try to wave at most of the Mustangs I see. But here in Dallas there are A LOT of Mustang, so I eventually get tired of waving after, oh I dunno, the 4 gazillionth one I pass, so I don't wave to all of them

Of course, if someone took the time and made the effort to pull up beside me and wave I think I'd be inclined to wave back. I have been next to Mustangs at a stop light that won't even dare look my way. They just stare dead ahead like they're afraid to make eye contact with another living being. On the other hand, with all the stories you hear on the news, about people getting killed for less, can't say I don't understanf just a little
Old 5/11/05, 10:14 AM
FR500 Member

we gotta come up with a secret horn honk...when I get mine, I won't be like that

Quick Reply: Educate Your Daughters