Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drone is Gone

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/17, 04:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,610 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt-08
OK Rocky, they uploaded this time...the 'T-handle' is for adjusting the length of the pipe and will be removed when I weld the pipes in their final position. While testing and adjusting for optimal length they allow me to just reach under the car and adjust them w/o using a jack or lift. Also, as they are not constructed from 304 stainless I'll put a coat of header paint on them. End goal is to have some custom made by Solo Performance now that I have the specs figured out. They use 304 and mandrel bends.

Sad that you have to put your ride up for the winter...move south and you won't have that problem

...phillip
Hey there Phillip, glad you were finally able to get the pics to upload.. Anyway I noticed your J-pipes are faced towards the H-pipe crossover and welded before the rear axle rather than near the rear axle section as Solo does with their J-pipe exhaust systems.. IMHO they look much better in the location yours are in, as they look much cleaner and also far less noticeable as well..

So now that I see how yours are set up, I'll be able to show your pics to a local exhaust shop that'll hopefully be able to fab up J-pipes for my ride in the same way as your setup.. However if i'm unable to find a local shop that has enough expertise and willingness to do so, then it appears I'll be making a trip to NC sometime this upcoming spring lol.

I'll more than likely use 409 grade SS which is the same material as my OEM over the axle pipes that are still being used with my current setup..

And yes, it does indeed suck having to put the Mustang away for the winter.. Hopefully once my wife and I are both retired, we'll be able to move somewhere down south, as long as it's further inland and far enough away from having to worry about hurricanes

In the meantime, thank you very much for getting the pics of your J-pipes to finally upload, as both your pics and info have indeed been very helpful

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/6/17 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11/6/17, 05:11 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Solo for comparison. The caps on the end of the J-pipes can slide out about 4-5" and clamped if the resonant frequency cancellation needs adjusted
Old 11/6/17, 07:40 PM

Is the crossover an actual muffler/resonator or is it hollow ? it looks almost identical to my mac pro chamber.. If only Solo would offer a J-pipe kit for the 05-10 Mustangs, I'd buy one for my car in a heart beat..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/6/17 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11/6/17, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It's an actual muffler/X-pipe, perforated core with fiberglass. I love the exhaust note on my coyote, it actually has a burble.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (11/6/17)
Old 11/6/17, 07:57 PM

I can see why you love the sound.. The Solo kit looks like a very well designed exhaust system and best of all, no drone.. Although Corsa's are also engineered and designed to not drone, I can't justify forking out over $700-$800 for just an axle back kit.. Hopefully down the road, Solo will consider manufacturing a J-exhaust system for the 05-10 S197 models as well

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/6/17 at 08:28 PM.