Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Gauge problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/17, 03:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oil Pressure Gauge problem?

Hi, I recently had an oil pressure gauge installed on my car but the computer still recognizes the old setup and therefore it keeps coming up with a warning every 10 to 15 minutes. Does anybody know how to shut that off. Hopefully it's just a computer setting or something else that is basic.
Old 10/31/17, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Did you remove the factory sensor? I left mine in to avoid any computer issues and my gauge is a completely separate/stand alone set up.
Old 11/6/17, 11:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the problem is that it's a different engine. We installed the Ford Racing 5.3L engine so I am pretty sure there was no factory sensor to begin with on this and I am pretty sure we didn't take it off the old engine so there would be computer problem to begin with.
Old 11/11/17, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by harleybill
Well the problem is that it's a different engine. We installed the Ford Racing 5.3L engine so I am pretty sure there was no factory sensor to begin with on this and I am pretty sure we didn't take it off the old engine so there would be computer problem to begin with.
Simple solution is to install a ford sensor in there and hook it into the harness. The factory sensor/gauge just pretty mush reads if there is or isn't any pressure. The gauge doesn't really move up and down with the pressure. I would think it is sending a different kind of signal verses one that reads specific psi.