2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Driving with all 4 lights

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 12:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Missouri

Dimming of lights, when--violation, penalty.
307.070. 1. Every person driving a motor vehicle equipped with multiple-beam road lighting equipment, during the times when lighted lamps are required, shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, directed high enough and of sufficient intensity to reveal persons and vehicles at a safe distance in advance of the vehicle, subject to the following requirements and limitations: Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within five hundred feet, or is within three hundred feet to the rear of another vehicle traveling in the same direction, the driver shall use a distribution of light or composite beam so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the other driver, and in no case shall the high-intensity portion which is projected to the left of the prolongation of the extreme left side of the vehicle be aimed higher than the center of the lamp from which it comes at a distance of twenty-five feet ahead, and in no case higher than a level of forty-two inches above the level upon which the vehicle stands at a distance of seventy-five feet ahead.
Old 6/3/05, 12:32 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by holderca1@June 3, 2005, 1:16 PM
I don't know why they did that with having to have your key in the on position, the only thing I can think of is it is easy to forget to turn your fogs off since a lot of people use then during daylight, this way you battery won't be dead if you forget to turn them off.
I bet this is why. I used to leave the fog lights on ALL the time in my 78. It was on a different switch then the normal lights.
Old 6/3/05, 12:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@June 3, 2005, 12:33 PM
Missouri

Dimming of lights, when--violation, penalty.
307.070. 1. Every person driving a motor vehicle equipped with multiple-beam road lighting equipment, during the times when lighted lamps are required, shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, directed high enough and of sufficient intensity to reveal persons and vehicles at a safe distance in advance of the vehicle, subject to the following requirements and limitations: Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within five hundred feet, or is within three hundred feet to the rear of another vehicle traveling in the same direction, the driver shall use a distribution of light or composite beam so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the other driver, and in no case shall the high-intensity portion which is projected to the left of the prolongation of the extreme left side of the vehicle be aimed higher than the center of the lamp from which it comes at a distance of twenty-five feet ahead, and in no case higher than a level of forty-two inches above the level upon which the vehicle stands at a distance of seventy-five feet ahead.
That sounds pretty much consistent with all state laws. Doesn't really say anything about fogs though.
Old 6/3/05, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by fleasome@June 3, 2005, 12:33 PM
...the driver shall use a distribution of light or composite beam so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the other driver...
Fog aren't aimed up in to peoples eyes, unlike high beams.
Old 6/3/05, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see no problems with the GT's Fogs. They are not that bright from the factory. Anyone flashing lights is just plain stupid. And has nothing better to do. Once enough of them are on the roads the flashing will lessen.

I do flash them back.
Old 6/3/05, 09:19 PM
V6 Member

Man I appreciate everyone replying to my post it makes me feel more comfortable driving with all 4 on. Again thanks for all of your comments I'm glad there are other people feel comfortable running all 4.
This is my 1st Muscle car and I guess I'm just feeling like a cop target or I feel guilty for what I do in this thing when I'm on a isolated road.
Old 6/3/05, 10:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by theelebowski@June 3, 2005, 9:22 PM
Man I appreciate everyone replying to my post it makes me feel more comfortable driving with all 4 on. Again thanks for all of your comments I'm glad there are other people feel comfortable running all 4.
This is my 1st Muscle car and I guess I'm just feeling like a cop target or I feel guilty for what I do in this thing when I'm on a isolated road.
Man, just saw your location as Clovis, NM. I hope you are in the Air Force and are being forced to live there, although good news on the horizon, Cannon is on the close list.
Old 6/4/05, 01:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have been flashed so many times for running all four lights that I drive with my trigger finger (left hand) on the dimmer so I can really light them up in return. It is my duty.

People just see 4 head lights and assume they are brights. How about all the lifted Ford F250's and ugly Dodge Rams that roll up behind you with their lights aimed right at your mirrors.

I came up behind a big rig that thought I was too bright and he put his rig on the shoulder just to blow crap all over my Mustang. I wanted to kick his hiney but he wasn't worth it.

SFB's :bang: wn3d:
Old 6/4/05, 07:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@June 3, 2005, 10:27 PM
Man, just saw your location as Clovis, NM. I hope you are in the Air Force and are being forced to live there, although good news on the horizon, Cannon is on the close list.
Oh yeah I would not be living here if I wasn't forced to. The nice thing is they have plenty of open road around here for the Mustang. The area to me is not really bad because I'm married, but the base is out of control with regulations.