2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Dreaded Phone Call From The Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 11:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone!

This past Wednesday morning, I got the call from Steve (the fellow I've been dealing with here at Blackwell Ford in Plymouth, MI). Anyway, not even two weeks after being assured by him that I will be getting an 05, he now has told me that I will be getting an 06 instead. Given the fact that 06 production doe not begin until Aug. 08, I may not get my car until late October! I ordered the darn thing back on Jan. 10 thinking that I would have it by June at the latest. WRONG! Don't get me wrong, I want the car, but I don't want those people pocketing any of my money. I'd just as soon place an order with someone that will be totally honest with me right from the beginning (not a load of crap) and wait until about this time next year. Whats the point in me buying the car in late October, driving it for maybe a month, then have the weather turn sour. Any thoughts?

Jon
Old 5/5/05, 11:16 PM
GT Member

That's terrible news. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Seems this whole ordering process was a bit iffy to say the least. You ordered in January and are not getting your car and I ordered late March and got my car in about a month. About the only thing you can do now is try to find one on a dealer lot somewhere and take a road trip (or fly) to pick it up. Again, sorry to hear
Old 5/5/05, 11:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mister_e@May 5, 2005, 11:19 PM
That's terrible news. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Seems this whole ordering process was a bit iffy to say the least. You ordered in January and are not getting your car and I ordered late March and got my car in about a month. About the only thing you can do now is try to find one on a dealer lot somewhere and take a road trip (or fly) to pick it up. Again, sorry to hear

The whole ordering process stinks! I talked to someone at Ricart Ford in Ohio, they have a car coming in in 10 days that is exactly what I want but is selling for $4,000 more than what I am paying up here. If I had $34,000 to spend I'd walk down the street and get a BMW 3-series. My Dad brought up a good point. Why do they get a car that has no buyer when I've been waiting since January!

This dealer allocation issue needs to be addressed somehow, maybe it already has. Because the dealer near me can't seem to sell many cars, if I want an 05 Mustang GT I'm gonna have to pay an extra $4,000!!!!! GGGGGRRRRRR!

Sorry, just venting.

Jon
Old 5/5/05, 11:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Jon, what color and options did you order? And also, are you already at a good price? You should be able to find your match on another lot.....if you're willing to travel to get it. The weathers decent all over the country now, so you shouldn't have a drive problem
Old 5/5/05, 11:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Giddyup@May 5, 2005, 11:28 PM
Jon, what color and options did you order? And also, are you already at a good price? You should be able to find your match on another lot.....if you're willing to travel to get it. The weathers decent all over the country now, so you shouldn't have a drive problem
I ordered a Redfire GT with the IUP and basically everything else except the Shaker 1000. I have next week off so I'm gonna spend a fair amount of time working the phones. Any tips or advice?

Jon
Old 5/6/05, 01:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Well all I can say is its worth the wait. This is the most beautiful fun to drive car. I would think that if your going to get an 06, first of all will come with less worries, because by then most of the tsb items will be taken care of for a first year car. Also if they are starting in august, then you should have it by sometime in september. good luck.