2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Do Not Buy from Route 104 Ford in Oswego, NY

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/04, 11:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
While it seems harsh, Kevin has hit it right on the head, IMHO.

I say again, it comes from an economic culture where we have largely eliminated negotiation. A culture that, worldwide, is not in the majority. That's why you see offers like this. An offer custom-designed for someone who does not want to take the trouble to negotiate a deal. There's a premium to be paid if you elect that course for yourself.

Negotiation is not a bad thing. Negotiation is a good thing.

If someone wants that car, and is willing to pay their price for that car, and decides it is worth it to them to close the deal - more power to them.

All the restrictions are listed right up front, including the non-refundable desposit.

If ya don't like it, just don't buy it. America - it s a GREAT country.
Old 10/5/04, 11:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point i think people are missing is that this is a Ford dealer, not an individual.

Ford has rules in place to keep their dealers from price-gouging. It would appear that this dealer is trying to keep their "extra" payment separate from the normal deal on the car. That way they can avoid attention from Ford's regional sales department, and charge over MSRP. I suspect turning them in to Ford will take care of this business practice in the future.
Old 10/5/04, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see the big deal? As they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted."
Old 10/5/04, 01:55 PM

This auction is just wrong. I have learned a thing or two in my old age
about buying new cars. Guys, please be patient. It will pay down the road. No matter what kind of bs a dealer gives you about limited production ect... At the end of the day it is just a car that they need to move it.

I called this dealer on the phone and gave them a piece of my mind about thier practices and how I felt they were deceiving people. I also
let it be know that this info was spreading like cancer to every major
mustang site on the web. Not real good PR for them. To my surprise
they called me back and said that they were emailing all the bidders to make sure they knew that their bid was over msrp. For what its worth,
I wouldnt buy a hub cap from these guys.

I think their intentions are clear and that is to screw the consumer as bad as they possible can instead of just making a fair profit.

Go get um BRAD!!
Old 10/5/04, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by afcop13+October 5, 2004, 10:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afcop13 @ October 5, 2004, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-infiniteengine@October 5, 2004, 10:02 AM
If someone offered me 13k+ what I paid for my GT, i'd be lieing if i said I wouldn't take it.
True.......I think we all would. Even if I had to wait an extra two months for ANOTHER one to come in.....it'd be worth it.

But - this isn't Joe Johnson off the street selling it, it is a dealer. To me, that just seems like a horrible business practice. [/b][/quote]
Hey now Joe Johnson is acually my name
Old 10/5/04, 02:06 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im afraid im going to have to agree with Brad. On one hand the dealer can do whatever he wants. But in the long run it kills the brand. In my opinion, S*** like this is what Killed the Thunderbird. Greedy Dealers. :notnice:
Old 10/5/04, 02:18 PM
FR500 Member

And this auction will eventually disappear before it ends, just like the other 3 we've all seen.

eBay has already set the precedent by de-listing the other Dealers who tried this...I'm sure they'll do it again.
Old 10/5/04, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm with Brad on this. Charging over MSRP for any car is wrong. Ford spends a lot of time and money to get people excited about a new car. When the excitement is high the Dealers try and rip you off by over charging you.
Old 10/6/04, 01:58 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Brad ,it makes ford look bad through this dealer as there only out to gouge the common person .I hope Bill ford takes note of this and personally gets a hold of these dealers that have been trying to sell these cars on e-bay and makes an example to the rest of them :notnice:
All of us went through this with the T-bird with over pricing and gouging ,it's no wonder ford is looseing in sales . :nono:
Old 10/6/04, 06:44 AM

Hello I would like to add my opinion on pricing.

I am new here, just joined looking for info on the new mustang. Why because I wanted to buy a corvette but ran into not finding any in my area. I did find them on Gmbuypower site 50 to 100 miles from me I contacted some of the dealers and they wanted anywhere from $5000 to $20,000 over MSRP. Well I did find I could buy it at MSRP but I would have to order the car in New Jersey, wait 8 weeks pick it up in Kentucky to drive it in Indiana. Knowing if I need service I would have to
take it to the dealers I refused to buy from

Anyone see a problem with this.?

I then seen a picture of the new mustang and called the Ford dealer 5 mins west of me. He said he can order it for me with $100 down and if I didn't want or like the car when it arrived there was no obligation. I asked aboout price, he said he couldn't give me one at this time because he had nothing offical as yet but he assured they do not charge over MSRP it that was a concern and there would be a discount

The point is I was looking at one manufactuers products but due to there dealer network and pricing games I'm now looking at another's and plan to buy that one
Old 10/6/04, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure if it's legal or not but those buyers are crazy. It's kind of funny really. I don't care how much money I have, I can wait an extra month or so and save myself a few grand. Some people...
Old 10/6/04, 08:28 AM
FR500 Member

4 hours to go and it's still there.....I guess the dealers won, I wonder why the other ones we've seen were de-listed
Old 10/6/04, 09:20 AM
V6 Member

MSRP Manufactures suggested retail price. Nothing says the have to sell at that price. In an auction they are just selling it at the price the market is will to pay for it. it may be allot more than you are will to pay for it but nobody is being forced to buy it either. I don't think most of you would be complaining if this was a private individual auctioning off his car he had just received. And I really don't understand why you would be offended when a company tries to make more money. Last time I checked that’s what companies do. When the dealer has to sell 04's at a loss are you going to be complaining then, i'm not that’s just business
Old 10/7/04, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Joe Johnson - sorry!!!!!

BTW - the dealer replied to my email.

"Sir,
Go screw yourself."

Just the person we all want to do business with.
Old 10/7/04, 07:11 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Call Ford Customer Service at 1-800-392-3673.
Old 10/7/04, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK - now this same dealer has ANOTHER auction going with THE EXACT SAME VIN NUMBER!

Wow - shady.
Old 10/7/04, 07:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by BobbyC@October 6, 2004, 8:47 AM
Hello I would like to add my opinion on pricing.

I am new here, just joined looking for info on the new mustang. Why because I wanted to buy a corvette but ran into not finding any in my area. I did find them on Gmbuypower site 50 to 100 miles from me I contacted some of the dealers and they wanted anywhere from $5000 to $20,000 over MSRP. Well I did find I could buy it at MSRP but I would have to order the car in New Jersey, wait 8 weeks pick it up in Kentucky to drive it in Indiana. Knowing if I need service I would have to
take it to the dealers I refused to buy from

Anyone see a problem with this.?

I then seen a picture of the new mustang and called the Ford dealer 5 mins west of me. He said he can order it for me with $100 down and if I didn't want or like the car when it arrived there was no obligation. I asked aboout price, he said he couldn't give me one at this time because he had nothing offical as yet but he assured they do not charge over MSRP it that was a concern and there would be a discount

The point is I was looking at one manufactuers products but due to there dealer network and pricing games I'm now looking at another's and plan to buy that one
Situation sounds familiar... Let me guess, you wanted Museum delivery and Kerbeck was the only one with decent allocation willing to sell @ MSRP.

Getting service @ a different dealer than the one you purchased from isn't a problem... It's the crappy roadside assitance that makes it difficult... Cancelled my order right after it took close to 4 hours for Roadside to figure my Saturn ION needed a flat bed tow instead of a regular tow... Even asked one of the Roadside Supervisors would this have happened if it was for the Vette... their reply,"Most likley"

Now there were other motivating factors behind the cancellation as well, but that whole roadside debacle was the last straw.
Old 10/7/04, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is the dealerships email. Feel free to let them know how you feel about their SCAMMIN WAYS !! I did and it wasn't very nice
www.route104ford.com
Old 10/7/04, 08:52 AM

Ok, just did a quick search and found yet another Ford dealer trying the
exact same practice. It is Metro Ford of Lenoir TN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2493268972&rd=1

I just fired off a nasty gram to them. Their phone number is
865-988-0003.

Feel free to call them and let them know what you think of their aution.

Please spread the word.
Old 10/7/04, 09:00 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My email to Metro Ford:

You do not have permission to use photos from my site for this little scam you're running. Please remove them immediately.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy from Route 104 Ford in Oswego, NY