2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer Service Department Help!

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/05, 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hispony@April 4, 2005, 5:37 PM
here's your problem with the scratches. The dealer is going to say the graphic shop did it. The graphic shop is going to say no we didn't.
Did you take pictures after you left the dealer, before you went to the graphics shop?
Yes, I took some pictures when we saw the scratches, so I have both before and after shots. I really don't care if they don't believe me or not, because I don't want anything from them. I will have the car fixed myself, because I don't trust them to ever touch it again. But as I said, I would like to know if something like that happened at my business.
Old 4/4/05, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Hey Janet... I believe you may save more stress by just going to another dealer. This dealer and /or techs may think you're too picky or exagerating the problem. You live in a small town and it sounds like they know ya so maybe they're thinking you folks are the rich (snobby) residents so they may treat you worse.

Seems to me you should make one attempt to resolve the problem at this place and if they're not kissing your feet then just leave... don't let them raise you or your husband's blood pressure. Then complain to their regional manager (who will ask if you gave the dealer a chance to correct the problem) and then go somewhere else for all future work.

If it's a small enough town, they know where you live, and everybody knows everybody I'd probably drop the whole thing and never go there again... either that or raise heck and prepare to fight (or move)!

Almost not worth the stress, but just my opinion.

Good luck!
Old 4/4/05, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by azlitigator+April 4, 2005, 6:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azlitigator @ April 4, 2005, 6:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hispony@April 4, 2005, 5:37 PM
here's your problem with the scratches. The dealer is going to say the graphic shop did it. The graphic shop is going to say no we didn't.
Did you take pictures after you left the dealer, before you went to the graphics shop?
Yes, I took some pictures when we saw the scratches, so I have both before and after shots. I really don't care if they don't believe me or not, because I don't want anything from them. I will have the car fixed myself, because I don't trust them to ever touch it again. But as I said, I would like to know if something like that happened at my business.
[/b][/quote]

Sounds like you are the victim of a small town, macho situation - the perception is that your husband is the local legal eagle, and you are just the wife who happens to have a rich husband who can buy his wife a fast car. That is obvious to me by how you were treated when you went to pick up your car.

The fact the SM called his wife to comment on 'your husband's car' says a lot. He obviously considers you just a female who is being kept by your husband, and therefore he doesn't need to give you any respect. Unfortunately, you are in a somewhat delicate situation, as your husband employs the SM's wife as a secretary.

I really think you need to take a little more control of this situation, and go directly to the owner/manager of the dealership with your concerns. You are a legal entity with all the rights that brings with it, and you need to really stand up for your rights in this situation.

It is your car, right? Then, be more assertive, and talk to the owner/manager directly about your concerns. He employs the SM, don't forget, and doesn't want his dealership's reputation harmed (I assume the owner is a male?). You have every justification to complain directly and in an assertive, but rational, manner.

Be sure to have a resolution that you can propose to the owner, as he would want to know what you expect in this case.

Good luck to you.
Old 4/4/05, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Some good points Montrose but it was actually the mechanic that checked the car (not the SM) and the mechanic's wife is the husband's secretary.... HAHA STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A SOAP OPERA!

And a good ole boys, never meaning no harm...

Old 4/5/05, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

So, what happened?
Old 4/5/05, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Call Ford Customer Relations in Michigan if you aren't satisfied with the dealers service. http://www.1-auto-car-loans.com/ford...-relations.htm 1-800-392-3673
Old 4/5/05, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by McDGT@April 4, 2005, 6:37 PM
Some good points Montrose but it was actually the mechanic that checked the car (not the SM) and the mechanic's wife is the husband's secretary.... HAHA STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A SOAP OPERA!

And a good ole boys, never meaning no harm...

Ha ha, you guys are so great with all your posts and advice, I really do appreciate it! I got a call earlier in the day that the owner would not be in the office and needed to reschedule until tomorrow. Which is fine by me, I wanted my hubby to go with and he couldn't go today. The soap opera continues!!!