2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer changed me to 18R package

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/05, 08:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's some comments about V6's being built this week with IUP on another thread.

Here's the link: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=13504

Think it's on the second page.

Looks like IUP is alive and being installed in some cars.
Old 1/11/05, 11:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by sams66@January 11, 2005, 1:06 PM
Guys, believe my friend and I are pretty upset about it (as a lot of you are). This whole issue is BS, and I wish we really did know the facts about the situation (the real story is only known by some ford execs IMO). For my situation, I may speak to some other dealers and see the situation, but then I lose my spot in line again and it will be another 3-5 months before I see a car. That is all based on the assumption that they will build with IUP. Like I said, the dealer said he would change it back to IUP, but he stated that the Ford Rep said they have know Idea when this issue will be resolved.

Hate to say it, but I am really considering getting something else.
The fact that your dealer has changed the order without your agreement, then threatened you with "no car" if you do not agree is a very sad situation.

Unfortuantely a number of dealers and car salespeople tend to push cars according to quotas without concern for customer satisfaction.

If they do not allow you to keep your order (at a decent priority) then you and your friend need to:
- Name names here to warn other TMS members of this dealer behavior
- Find another dealer that might be interested in customer satisfaction
- Write a complaint letter to Ford, it will go on the dealer's black mark list
- And, unfortunately, wait longer for the car you want

Your current dealer may be able to bamboozle John Q. Public, but as a TMS member you are by definition a much better educated consumer. Don't let them do it to you!! If you give in, they've won!
Old 1/11/05, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 1/12/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Understood, and guys thanks for the comments and encourgagement. Personnally, I dont think the dealer thought he was doing anything wrong, even though he did it without permission. I think he thought that I would rather have the car even without that option.

He did say that if I wanted to wait indefinitely, he could change it back. I am kind of resigned to the fact that if I dont like it when it comes in, which will hopefully be within the next month or so, that I can walk and wait to see about the IUP or pick something else. I guess I am more upset with the whole process.

One of the guys on the site that is a Ford sales guy said it best, most sales guys dont know all that we know, have researched etc. In fact, I dont think most car sales guys, are into cars that much.

Thanks

Sam
Old 1/12/05, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sam - have you done any dealer searches to try and find one in stock? I'm sure you could find what you're looking for...might be worth it to you to jump on a plane and fly somewhere and drive it home. Good luck!