2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer BUll****

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/05, 01:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After going through the purchase process yesterday, I'm amazed at how poorly some dealerships seem to treat their salespeople... the sales managers treat them with almost open contempt. In some cases they won't let them touch the computers or have access to anything that might make them a useful source of information. It's sort of embarrassing, and I feel sorry for them. I apologize to any sales folks here for unkind remarks I may have made earlier. Seems like a tough job.

That said, and understanding that salespeople and buyers must have a naturally adversarial relationship, I am still shocked by the ease and regularity with which some salespeople spout totally outrageous lies. Again, apologies to any salespeople here on the forums... you are obviously making the effort to be informed and are the exception to this rule. It seems I have never been in a dealership without being assaulted with at least one preposterous lie. You know, the "we won't be getting any more after this", "no one else has them", "this is the last year they'll be making this." In the era of the Internet, when customers are often better informed about the product than the salespeople (I had to show my salesman a few things about how to operate the GT), such falsehoods become all the more egregious and baffling.

Do fraud laws not apply to the automobile dealership industry?

Sigh.