2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer BUll****

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Just went to the local dealer to see if they had any mustangs and they had one USED black GT IUP ICAP auto, shaker 500 with 3,000 mi on it. Now the salesman comes out and talks to us, he was sooo rude! The first thing he says is "If your going to buy it do it now becuase i have 8 other people looking at it" and we say its ok were looking for a V6 and he says "O comon this GT is rare it has the interrior upgrade package and the shaker 500 you cant get that anymore" then he said " we wont be getting anymore 05's for the rest of this year soo you better buy this now" again we said were looking for a V6 soo he says again "a V6? why buy a 2005 mustang V6, thats a fake mustang if your going to buy a mustang get a GT" my dad said its for my son "For your son? how old are you" i said 16 "16 holy smokes there is no way your going to pay for that" and soo he kept talking and the pice for that USED GT was 31,995 NO WAY so i said thats too expensive for a used car and he said "This is a rare 2005 mustang its fully loaded your going to be lucky to see more on the lot's in amercia, ford will stop making the 2005 very soon, and it will be months before they make 06 model" and so the time he said "So is it a deal?" my dad said first for the last time were looking for a V6 and this GT is way too much for a used car. and the dealer said "well then folks good night". soon after the manager came out and talked to us about that rude man and said sorry about him and all. that was an experence and a bunch of BULL
Old 4/7/05, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't people realize you catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar? Maybe if dealers started treating their customers better they would build up a loyal customer base and be a lot more successful.
Old 4/7/05, 08:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What the heck is with these people? Do they actually think they're going to make a sale like that? Worst part is, this was a Ford dealer. He must have missed the sales class called Product Knowledge.
Old 4/7/05, 08:31 PM

One thing all sales people should know, no matter what industry you sell in, is that this is the age of the "internet savy consumer" People research, people know what they are looking for, how much should be sent. Now this doesnt speak for most people but to a lot it does. People aren't ignorant of things anymore. People know their products they want, sometimes they know more then the salesperson.
Old 4/7/05, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

He didnt know what he was talking about he told us that the IUP was rare and I can see that becuase that was the second mustang ive seen with the IUP but he said the shaker 500 yes 500 was also rare! comon this guy needs to learn more. He also added that the V6 is also very rare to find at some dealerships and he told us that if we saw a V6 we should have baught it because there wouldnt be anymore.
Old 4/7/05, 08:39 PM

no, im not saying that sales people dont know anything. I'm just saying buyers are more aware and more knowledged about things they are buyig. It's not like the good ole days when you HAD to take the salespersons word for it.
Old 4/7/05, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

very true
Old 4/7/05, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

stang101:
There is a black V-6 premium in your area in Rochelle. Go to their website to check out the sticker.
Jack
http://www.tommcclainford.com/pages/presen...remium&count=20
Old 4/7/05, 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

jack thank you soo much!, o and jack that 05 in this post that is 31,995 is at manleys
Old 4/7/05, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
ihadahardtimereadingyourentirepostbecauseyoudidntu sepuncutationsnotevenaperiodbutididandiamverydisap pointedforyouthatyouweredealtwithbadlybytheobvious lygreedysalesslugbutatleasthemanagersaidsorrysotha tdoesntbydefaultmeanthattheentiredealershipisbadju sthesalesslugwhowasobviouslyafteryourmoneyandnotyo urloyaltyorrespectsopissonhim

/gasp.
//Just kiddin' around. The sales slugs can be very bad sometimes, yes?
Old 4/7/05, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

yes yes yes hah sorry about the post haha
Old 4/7/05, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

stang101:
I put a link on my previous post to you for the Rochelle dealer. Hope they still have it in their inventory, Sometimes they take a couple days to update stuff.
Jack
Old 4/7/05, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

alright and thanks again jack
Old 4/7/05, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

OMG that is insane. It almost sound about like my experiance at a dealership near me.
I bet the dealership you went to was a small one. And they will stay that way cause of how
they treat people.

Next time a salesperson does that just say Funura (fun-your-ah)
Broken down say letters "F U N U'r A"
Old 4/7/05, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah its a little dealership
Old 4/8/05, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by XtangGT@April 7, 2005, 10:28 PM
OMG that is insane. It almost sound about like my experiance at a dealership near me.
I bet the dealership you went to was a small one. And they will stay that way cause of how
they treat people.

I don't see what being a small dalership has to do w/ anything. I'm buying from a rural dealership in the Northeast GA mountains and they are some of the nicest folk to ever deal w/. Gwinnett Place Ford, in the metro Atlanta area, is the WORST dealership in the history of the world, well in mine anyways. I'll never buy from a large metro dealership, ever!
Old 4/8/05, 01:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Nate, I am so sorry to hear how your were treated at a Ford dealership . How that salesperson treated you is what gives my profession a bad rap. You know what he needed? , Yep, a kick in the ding ding . I can't believe he would come out and talk to someone like that. I have never, ever treated a customer that way. If I did, I wouldn't have a job. I always remember the saying my father told me, "treat others the way you want to be treated". When someone comes in to see the Mustang, I can't wait to show him the car. I also can't believe how he downgraded the V6. I guess he doesn't want to sell V6 Mustangs to anyone. I love driving mine. I have nothing but praise and excitement about the V6. When someone comes in, I tell them immediately that they have to drive the new V6, to really see the difference. It is so much nicer and quicker that the previous year car. Plus everytime I have a customer who is interested in a Mustang, I always give them this website to check out. My customers who have taken delivery of their new Mustangs tell me they really appreciate me pointing them to a great and friendly Mustang enthusiast site. I hope that a** of a salesman got fired on the spot.
Old 4/8/05, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by slavehand+April 8, 2005, 2:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ April 8, 2005, 2:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-XtangGT@April 7, 2005, 10:28 PM
they treat people.

I don't see what being a small dalership has to do w/ anything. I'm buying from a rural dealership in the Northeast GA mountains and they are some of the nicest folk to ever deal w/. Gwinnett Place Ford, in the metro Atlanta area, is the WORST dealership in the history of the world, well in mine anyways. I'll never buy from a large metro dealership, ever!
[/b][/quote]

You are correct in your statement on not buying from a metro dealership they are just as bad as a small one. Best ones are in midsize town midsize dealership.

Whish is where I have mine odred threw. And I'm sure the same for you.
Old 4/8/05, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Today I just got a call from that dealership and they apologized about how that rude salesman was so who knows what happend to him.
Old 4/8/05, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by stang101@April 8, 2005, 6:36 PM
Today I just got a call from that dealership and they apologized about how that rude salesman was so who knows what happend to him.
Probley nothing. The salesman that helped me out was the best salesman I have
ever worked with on a new vehical order. And he got canned. Not sure what for.

Quick Reply: Dealer BUll****