2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Crazy to cover new 'stang at work each day?

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/06, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've actually watching someone bump into my car while atempting to park, then swing their door open so wide that it wacks my passenger door. My favorite thing to do is ask them politely all their insurance information after they buy what they need to buy. (since I work in retail I have to be 'polite') If they refuse, and leave, I just say that he'll probably have the police at his doorstep tonight, while I'm writing down his licence plate number. This usually gets those a-holes to change their attitude.

I hate when someone bumps into your car, then just acts like nothing has happened. These people need some large cumbersome object shoved up their 'exit only' hole!

So, if posibly, have an armed gaurd at your car, cage it up, anything to make you feel comfortable at work. The stress of your car getting dinged is worse than any stress of work.
Old 9/24/06, 10:45 AM

I knew a guy at my previous job that covered his car (early 90s corvette) religiously every day. If there was a threat of winds or rain, he would uncover it. Anyway, after many years of this, his car always looked pristine and brand-new looking inside and out.
Old 9/24/06, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry My thoughts on this ....

My wife use to get mad everytime we had to find a parking space. Our course
I hate door dings and since their are so many envious or inconsiderate people in the world I normally park far away under a lighted area taking up too parking spots or at an angle. Sometimes I manage to find a corner spot that has a decent enough space and I park there. My wife has gotten use to it already and understands how I feel about this, many times she picks out the parking spot. No matter how far I park there always seems to be the lone car that wants to park close to my car !! It is almost always some soccer mom with a suv or mini-van. It seems women have some kind of anger towards
men with sport cars, because they are always cutting me off, giving me dirty looks even when am minding my own business. P*^^$ envy?, don't know but I wish someone who do a study as to why women tend to act this way.

I've seen too many 350Z's at work and other sports cars with door dings to know I don't want this to happen to my stang !! I don't want some soccer mom, kid, retired person or even an envious A$$ hole to damage my pride and joy !!!

So guys do what you have to do to avoid this from happening to you !!!
Old 9/25/06, 01:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
IMHO taking up two spots and/or parking at an angle is sure to draw attention to yourself and attract envious vandals.
Old 9/25/06, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by mrkabc
IMHO taking up two spots and/or parking at an angle is sure to draw attention to yourself and attract envious vandals.
yeah- thats not an option- especially in our lot where there are too few spots already...

Here's my current strategy.... I have parked one of our spare company cars one spot over from one of the ends of the lot. Ive been parking my car in between.... works great- expcept Im sure we'll get a call eventually to re-asign the company car.
Old 9/25/06, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

door dings were a much bigger problem when coupes had those big honking doors. Alot of the full size coupes are dead and gone.

remember these (a few were real land yachts):

thunderbirds (70s, 80s, and early 90s)
monte carlos, olds culass (GM A-bodies)
camaro, firebird (GM F-bodies)
cadillac coupe deville (GM K-bodies)

Old 9/25/06, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by neil07gt
door dings were a much bigger problem when coupes had those big honking doors. Alot of the full size coupes are dead and gone.
Yes- but parking spaces have gotten smaller too! Plus- now that people are driving and getting in/out of their cars while on their cell phones- I still think the risk is greater!
Old 9/25/06, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Just had the car over a week and already been hit by a tornado while parked at work! A few little knicks that chipped some paint and a little crack in the windshield i consider myself lucky since the guy two spots down from me had all his windows blown out. But i have the insurance adjuster coming tommorow to look at the car and the little scrathes and knicks i don't think i'd be able to talk him into having it totally redone since i had new stripes put on 4 days after buying it.
Old 9/28/06, 09:46 AM

Got the door defenders yesterday and really like them! Looks like I have a solution- at least for door-bangs.
Old 9/28/06, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Not if you care about your ride. I cover mine every time I go to work, but then I am there for 24 hours (i am a firefighter). I do take it off before I go to bed so that it will not get stolen or possibly vandalized by some jealous loser in the middle of the night. The sun here in Texas can be brutal. If it looks like it will be really windy or rainy I just have my wife leave me at work.