2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Couple Questions...tell me if I'm getting jerked around or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/07, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Couple Questions...tell me if I'm getting jerked around or not?

I had an accident back on the 13 of September and it seems like i'm getting the run around from the place doing the work on my car. I was told the car would be done October 5th or 12th. I took a ride past the place and they didn't start working on till AFTER the 5th. I got a letter in the mail from my insurance company that the car wasn't done in 30 days (no ****!) last early last week so I called them to find out what hell the deal was with car and the Insurance company made a call telling me the car was going to be done that Saturday (more BS since they where closed that day) or this Monday.

Anyways, I took a ride past the place last Thursday and much to my suprise it was in the shop being worked on. I went past the place again on Saturday and it was sitting outside the shop, washed up, but I coudn't see the area damaged due to the way it was parked.

So this is where it gets flaky...The call me Monday Morning telling me they are just waiting on the grill to show up (claimed to have ordered it a week and a half ago) and they had to take the car to the dealer to get the codes cleared out for the airbags (which never went off) and replace the seatbelt retractor. So I offer to bring the orignal grill over and say screw it in reguards to the aftermarket grill, since I'll just get it myself...So my hopes are dashed for Monday.

So I call again Tuesday and they tell me that the car is at the dealership still and that they would have the grill in Today at 12! I was like WTF...first you tell me your having problems getting it and it cost more then what the website I ordered it from was? So needless to say I'm ****ed at this point. They told me they would call me tommorow (today) at 10..

I called at 2 today...and they claim the car is still at the dealership! Now I'm really ****ed...How ****ing long does it take to get codes cleared out of the car? They gave me a BS excuse that Ford doesnt release codes for 2 yrs..even though the **** car has been out for over 2 years now..and I doubt ford went though the trouble of changing codes every year on the car.

Anyways, I think a visit is enstore for them....but am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here?
Old 10/17/07, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
IMO you are getting jerked around.

If your airbags didn't deploy there are no codes to clear. Your car is probably being used for joyriding or something, I'd get down there ASAP and make a huge deal out of this and get the car back.

Just my $0.02... (based upon my 9-9-07 crash in which my front bumper assembly was replaced, I drove the car around until the parts got here, and then the car was dropped off on Tuesday and returned to me complete on Thursday!)
Old 10/17/07, 12:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
I encourage you to politely point out the contradictions in what you're being told, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Keep politely moving up the "chain of command" until you get the results you need. Remember, if you get ugly with them - they still, at the moment, have your car.

I'd be pretty unhappy too. But hang on to your temper as best you can. Let us know what happens.
Old 10/17/07, 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah they are jacking with you I think.

Was this a place your insurance company chose or you?

I always recomend using a shop of your choice, whenever I have an issue I dont even let them send a adjuster out, I tell them I will have the shop send them a quote and any pictures they want.

I agree with Paris, dont become hostile or rude, cause they can keep messing with you.

What insurance company do you have? Id switch, I love mine, as soon as they get a copy of the estimate and pictures and they review it they cut me a check less my deductible and wash their hand of it.
Old 10/17/07, 03:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for the price of the grille, they have to make something off the parts, weather it be OEM or aftermarket. I went thru this with my Mustang and dealing with the samething now that I was rear ended in my Lightning this past weekend. The insurance says they won't replace the rollpan, but will buy a new factory bumper. In the end I will ask for a check and do the repairs myself. I'd be calling my agent and get this documented before they claim you owe money out of pocket for time lost due to shop.
Old 10/17/07, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well first of all, quit "taking rides past the place" and actually stop IN to see what is happening.... secondly, stay polite but FIRM and explain you're feelings to a manager or owner. Third, have them commit to a drop-dead completion date and if they pick a date that you can't live with (example, two weeks from now) tell them that's inexcusable and negotiate with them

Lastly, don't ever have work done there again.
Old 10/17/07, 04:23 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1) Go to the dealership where your car is at, find the service manager, and ask for the status on your car. Ask exactly what is being done there on your car. I question why it's there at all.

2) Who's your insurance company? Get ahold of your adjuster and ask for his take on the situation. Explain the problem w/ the parts delays and ask him to verify the order date on your grill by looking at the invoices. The invoices will show the order date. If there's an obvious delay that is their fault, I'd be asking the shop to pick up the bill for a rental car for the days delayed.

3) After you have the above info, go to the shop and discuss it with the shop manager or owner. Be polite and professional, but if you continue to get jerked around, then a little 'noise making' might be to your advantage. If the shop is putting your car on back burner because they're busy, then maybe other people are complaining too, and remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Old 10/17/07, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would like to know the name of the place that's playing games with you. Sounds like you could be in my neck of the woods, and if I can help "spread the word" about this shoddy business practice, I will. Not only that, I don't want to take my car there either!
Old 10/17/07, 07:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well I took a ride over to check on the car at the body shop..and it wasn't there!

I took the car there due to the suggestion of my insurance company and it was about 10 minutes from where I live at.

I think I might stop in early tommorow on my way into work and talk to them about this..and get the true story since it seems like they are just feeding me BS instead of saying hey we didn't finish it yet.
Old 10/17/07, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep, you're getting jerked around for sure. Time to firmly and politely get involved.
Old 10/18/07, 06:00 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yup, you definately are. Go to your insurance company, and tell them about this, for all these delays and extra junk, I'd think you are owed some money. Work like that is rediculous, and always take it to your shop, not your insurances.
Old 10/18/07, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was getting their number online...and someone posted on Craiglist the same exact problems that I'm having with my car back on October 4th...

If anyone is interested, its Tilton Bodyworks, they have locations in Jackson, Point Pleasent and Lakewood.