2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cool Comments

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/06, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I just pulled my stang into the driveway and was about to pull it into the garage when a young man and what looked like his kid (about 8) walked by my house. The man told me "nice car" and his kid said "is that a Mustang?" in an envious way. I thanked them and told the kid yes it is a Mustang. It's great that this car still gets looks and good comments. I also think it was pretty great that the young boy recognized it as a Mustang. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice!
Old 5/4/06, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ May 4, 2006, 6:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
nice!
[/b][/quote]
COOL I GUESS THAT THAT BOY HAS GOOD EYES ON CARS [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Was at a Stop light yesterday windows down stereo blaring, and a guy waiting on the bus comes up to the car and starts asking all sorts of questions.
Man what model year is that ? Why is it a GT300 ? (My Rocker Panel Stripes say GT300) are they coming out with a 350? I thought he was going to crap himself. LOL
Dude was clueless but really liked the car.
Now if I could just get the WOMEN to flock to this car, but not the ones waiting on the bus [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 08:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts
ya know...

back in '84, I was driving my 69 mustang- stopped downtown waiting to pick up my girlfriend from work, and this little girl maybe 5 years old pulls away from her mom, runs up to my passenger window, stretches to look in and says "gee mister- neat car"...I still remember that, I was so proud of that car...even little kids would spot it in the crowd...I miss that car, but gotta say- it was never half the fun of this 06. Even if I ever do get off my butt and get that 429 in it, it will never handle like this one. Still wish Ford would bring back Acapulco Blue though...I love that color.
Funny thing seeing the 69/06 side by side- the 69 looks tiny. These new mustangs are the biggest 'subcompact' (according to window sticker) Ive ever seen. They aint exactly light either.
Old 5/4/06, 11:24 PM
V6 Member

De Ja Vu. Saw this at another forum. So, I 'll cut and paste my story:

I pulled into a burger joint drive up the other night. Cute high school girl sticks her head out the window, looks my car up and down.

"I looooove your car!"
"Thanks, so do I."
She brings me my drink: "Is it fast?" I swear she is practically purring at this point!
"Oh Yeah." It takes everything I have not to go into dirty old man mode and say something wrong like Are you fast? Do you want to go for a ride?
She brings my food: "I just LOVE MUSTANGS!" She's absolutely giddy.

Times like that really make me love my decision to buy the Stang. Not like I needed someone else's approval, of course.

Now, if I can just find a woman in her early thirties that responds to me as enthusiastically...
Old 5/5/06, 07:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Last week I drove my car to work for the first time. I work in downtown Manhattan (NYC) and always take public trans. It was awesome. Rush hour traffic sucks but rush hour traffic when you are the ONLY '05+ Mustang amongst a couple of thousand cars is sure sweet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Thumbs ups, nods, smiles. Once I looked over and saw this guy staring hard. At first I thought I inadvertently cut him off cause he looked really focused on me and my car. He then "woke up" and realized he was just zoning out staring and gave a big thumbs up.

THANK YOU HAU THAI TANG [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Several roads in out downtown area are being chewed up and repaved. Cops are directing traffic up and down all of them around the road crews, and they're cruising the sidewalks in golf carts to get around.

My ASSISTANT (funny language filters; do the abbreviation and you get ---> hiney't) Mgr. and I are leaving Starbucks (top down, of course). Cop comes up on the golf cart, and calls out, "She's beautiful; I'll trade ya! How about for an hour or so?" I laugh and respond, "But she won't fit on the sidewalk!"
Old 5/5/06, 08:38 AM
V6 Member

ive had girls shout out their numbers to me stopped at a light in one of the towns i cruise through... seriously. called the number, she picked up and hung out with her and her 2 friends the next night.

its nice to be 18 and own a black GT with black bullits =) x 18290182121

ha this summer should be crazzzyy
-mike