2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Commodity Issues

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/05, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been C/U for 9 weeks now. I finally called my dealer and said what's up. He said that I sort of have a pefect storm, as I ordered a Vista Blue GT with side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades.

He said that the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades are in short supply, and I would probably get a build date next week if I delete the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades and go with 17" wheels, no side air bags, and an automatic transmission.

WTF, over? Is this true?
Old 9/4/05, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

wtf man, don't listen to him. u want a manual, side airbags, and fanblades. Wait for it. its what u want, your paying the money. get what u want. don't let the dealer try to talk u into something u don't want.
Old 9/4/05, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Take it from someone with experience, GET WHAT YOU WANT! Do not settle, or you will always regret it. I love my car, but my heart breaks every time I see a black vert. Of course, my circumstances were different, and I couldn't wait.
Old 9/4/05, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll agree with the comments above, you're going to have the car for longer than a few months (hopefully) and be paying for it for a long while (probably). Hold out for what you want.
Old 9/4/05, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Mine, with side air bags and manual, will be in my garage in about a week.

The REAL question is, what is his allocation, and how many orders does he have in front of yours?
Old 9/4/05, 08:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a temp delay cuz of my blades.It will go faster now I think..
Old 9/4/05, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mffarrell@September 4, 2005, 4:19 PM
I have been C/U for 9 weeks now. I finally called my dealer and said what's up. He said that I sort of have a pefect storm, as I ordered a Vista Blue GT with side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades.

He said that the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades are in short supply, and I would probably get a build date next week if I delete the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades and go with 17" wheels, no side air bags, and an automatic transmission.

WTF, over? Is this true?
I went through the same thing with my 05 Mustang GT, and I know lots of other people went through it as well.
In my case my car was listed as 'temporary delay in production' from November 4 (the day I picked up my DORA and VIN from the dealer) until early December when my car was scheduled for build.
I ordered an Automatic with the Spoiler and IUP, and the latter two items caused the delay in production.

While waiting for my car to be build I saw a Sonic Blue GT with medium parchment leather interior (I ordered light graphite), 5 speed manual (I ordered Automatic) and no IUP (I ordered IUP) at a dealer close to where I work.

I've driven cars with a manual before so I would have been happy with that, but it didn't have the things I ordered on my car.

I decided to wait for my car to arrive, especially with the $5000 markup the dealer wanted while I was getting X-Plan on mine.

In closing...WAIT FOR WHAT YOU ORDERED, it's going to be well worth the wait.
Old 9/4/05, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

My dealer also told me that the 18 inch blades were in short supply...he also told me that I should get a build date next week, that was 2 weeks ago so who knows.
Old 9/4/05, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@September 4, 2005, 8:07 PM
Mine, with side air bags and manual, will be in my garage in about a week.

The REAL question is, what is his allocation, and how many orders does he have in front of yours?
I am priority 11, there is one person ahead of me. My dealer gets quite a few GTs/mo. He said that his alloacation is between 2-6 GTs/mo.

I was suppose to take delivery this month and it's not going to happen.

I found another dealer near by who will have a black and satin silver, both with red interior 17" wheels within 10 days that I can buy.

The trouble is I don't think that I am too keen on red interior.
Old 9/5/05, 07:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by mffarrell@September 5, 2005, 12:51 AM
I am priority 11, there is one person ahead of me. My dealer gets quite a few GTs/mo. He said that his alloacation is between 2-6 GTs/mo.

I was suppose to take delivery this month and it's not going to happen.

I found another dealer near by who will have a black and satin silver, both with red interior 17" wheels within 10 days that I can buy.

The trouble is I don't think that I am too keen on red interior.
red interior=gaudy IMO
Old 9/6/05, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

If its a commodity issue, it will pop up on this site from other members. Sounds like the 18" fanblades are scare but like stated previously, more than likely an dealer allocation issue. If you search on IUP a number of months ago, alot of 05 buyers were waiting for this to be resolved. Get what you want - its worth the wait
Old 9/6/05, 11:05 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mffarrell@September 4, 2005, 5:19 PM

WTF, over? Is this true?
Since you already posted this in the ASK A SALESMAN section prior to posting this topic I'm going to close this one.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry499181