2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Color question

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/04, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi brad this is my first post, as I just signed on...

I just have a question for brad or anyone else who may be able to help... what color is the silver '05 stang GT on the photos of the toronto auto show? I can tell one is windveil blue, but the silver color looks mineral grey in some pics, and satin silver in others. Thank you.
Old 8/23/04, 10:14 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There was only 1 05 at the Toronto autoshow ...on the platform and it was Windveil Blue (which looks bluish silver in the dark/dim light)

Satin Silver CANNOT be mistaken for Mineral Gray, they are COMPLETELY 2 different colours.
Satin Silver is light silver
Mineral Gray is a coppery gray....
Check the pics section to see.
Old 8/23/04, 11:00 AM
FR500 Member

on the posters and the preview brochure they satin silver looks really good. and they put stripes on it AND WE CANT GET THOSE AS AN OPTION
Old 8/23/04, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@August 23, 2004, 10:17 AM
There was only 1 05 at the Toronto autoshow ...on the platform and it was Windveil Blue (which looks bluish silver in the dark/dim light)

Satin Silver CANNOT be mistaken for Mineral Gray, they are COMPLETELY 2 different colours.
Satin Silver is light silver
Mineral Gray is a coppery gray....
Check the pics section to see.

Thanks, boomer. Are you sure there was only 1 windveil 05 at toronto, b/c the pictures brad has here on the site from toronto, look as though there are definitely two different 05s. even the stuff in the backgrounds around the dais looks different in some of the pictures. Where you at the show?? Not doubting, just looking for concrete confirmation.
Old 8/23/04, 11:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@August 23, 2004, 5:03 PM
on the posters and the preview brochure they satin silver looks really good. and they put stripes on it AND WE CANT GET THOSE AS AN OPTION
This is neither Satin Silver Nor Minereal Grey! This color combination was painted on The Performance Trillogy Ford GT, Shelby Cobra, and Mustang GT for the NAIAS.

This is Mineral Grey.

This is Satin Silver.

PS: Welcome Aboard 007!
Old 8/23/04, 11:54 AM

sorry everyone, it appears Boomer is corr4ect, I looked at the toronto pictures again, and it is the same windveil blue car, just looks different, at different angles I suppose.
Old 8/23/04, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

the pictures of the Toronto show at this link seem to all show the same Windveil Blue 05'.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/toronto04/
Old 8/23/04, 12:22 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah those pics are a combo of mine and dans....

I was there first thing in the morning when the show opened to get some good shots in ....however the main lights in the Skydome were still down/off....therefore you get the 'silver looking blue hue' shots...
when the lights come up, you see the blue more prominant...

WBlue is one of those colours that looks really different, depending on the light.
I be it'll look killer at night, and i've seen it during the day and it almost has a slight green to it. I absolutely love that colour!
Old 8/23/04, 12:26 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@August 23, 2004, 2:25 PM
Yeah those pics are a combo of mine and dans....

I was there first thing in the morning when the show opened to get some good shots in ....however the main lights in the Skydome were still down/off....therefore you get the 'silver looking blue hue' shots...
when the lights come up, you see the blue more prominant...

WBlue is one of those colours that looks really different, depending on the light.
I be it'll look killer at night, and i've seen it during the day and it almost has a slight green to it. I absolutely love that colour!
Yah. Goose, Boomers look a bit more grey because of the lights. Mine are the bluer ones as I had better lighting at the time I believe (lights were on).

If I wanted a more mature, slightly more subtle colour, I'd go for the WB. It really looks amazing and really pronounces the cars design features.

However, I want guys and cops 1 mile down the road to know that I'm coming so I'm going for red. :crazy: I also think it looks best on the 05 but hey, that's just me.
Old 8/23/04, 12:33 PM
GT Member

I've ordered a Satin Silver and I'm planning on putting on white stripes aftermarket. Are all of the pics of the "Silverish" mustang with white stripes Titanium? Are any of them Satin Silver?

Secondly, I highly value all of your opinions (mwaahaahaa)... Do you think that white stripes will look great on the Satin Silver like it does the Titanium?

TANK-U! B)
Old 8/23/04, 12:37 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Packman@August 23, 2004, 2:36 PM
I've ordered a Satin Silver and I'm planning on putting on white stripes aftermarket. Are all of the pics of the "Silverish" mustang with white stripes Titanium? Are any of them Satin Silver?

Secondly, I highly value all of your opinions (mwaahaahaa)... Do you think that white stripes will look great on the Satin Silver like it does the Titanium?

TANK-U! B)
Hehe...this is going to suprise you but that's Titanium with SATIN SILVER stripes.
Old 8/23/04, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Packman@August 23, 2004, 12:36 PM

TANK-U! B)
I believe the titanium car has satin silver stripes on it. Not to sure how well the white stripes will look on satin silver though. I haven't seen it in person but it looks like a very light silver in pictures. Anyone else seen it in person and have an opinion? EDIT: Darn my slow fingers.
Old 8/23/04, 12:44 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Dan@August 23, 2004, 12:40 PM

Hehe...this is going to suprise you but that's Titanium with SATIN SILVER stripes.
[/quote]
Wooooaaaahhhh.... That really does blow me away!
Old 8/23/04, 12:50 PM
GT Member

So Whatya Think? Look good with White Stripes?????? :scratch:
Old 8/23/04, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Satin Silver almost looks like primer gray in that picture. Weird.
Old 8/23/04, 01:02 PM
I Have No Life

Yep, Satin Silver is a LIGHT silver compared to Titanium for sure.
and has a bit less metal flake compared to Silver Metallic...

Dan, the cops will know I'm coming too, even with Windviel....
they'll just have to use their ears instead of their eyes

Satin Silver may not look good with white stripes, as its a lighter colour....black or dark shadow gray stripes would look good on it (for the contrast)
Old 8/23/04, 01:56 PM

thanks for all the input, I'm planning on getting a GT and I'd really like to get the red interior, and silver exterior, but haven't seen any of the "silveresque" colors up close. Does anyone have an opinion as to what would look better with the red int.? Mineral grey or satin silver??? Also, and perhaps more importantly, does Ford offer titanium silver on any other production car currently, and if so, how feasable would it be to repaint an 05 GT titanium silver, as that is my fav. color for the stang GT but I don't want to wait another whole year for the '06 car to come in titanium!!! please help!!!! any and all ideas are welcome.
Old 8/23/04, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depends on how bad you want it... any paint shop in any town can paint any car any color... it's all a matter of showing the right color (green) to them.
Old 8/23/04, 03:02 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by goose007@August 23, 2004, 3:59 PM
thanks for all the input, I'm planning on getting a GT and I'd really like to get the red interior, and silver exterior, but haven't seen any of the "silveresque" colors up close. Does anyone have an opinion as to what would look better with the red int.? Mineral grey or satin silver??? Also, and perhaps more importantly, does Ford offer titanium silver on any other production car currently, and if so, how feasable would it be to repaint an 05 GT titanium silver, as that is my fav. color for the stang GT but I don't want to wait another whole year for the '06 car to come in titanium!!! please help!!!! any and all ideas are welcome.
Goose, IMO if you REALLY like titanium, wait till 06. I don't know how you could justify the hassle and cost of repainting the car.
Old 8/23/04, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea.. if you have enough green you can make any color... Anyone know how much that color-shifting paint on the Mystichrome cobras costs? I bought some that I did a model r/c Hummer in, but I'm curious how much it would cost to put SOME on a car (i.e. not the whole car)

Quick Reply: Color question