2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

cloth vert car cover recs?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cloth vert car cover recs?

Can someone recommend a car cover for indoor storage that doesn't leave lint behind on the cloth vert top? I've been looking a lot of custom and non-custom styles on the web but you obviously can feel the material. I want a basic soft cover to keep it clean and protected during its long winter nap. A little padding for scratch and ding protection would be nice too, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. On the other hand, the $69 specials that I saw at Pep Boys felt like they were made of sandpaper!
Old 11/9/06, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Bob,

I like the thickness and plushness of my Ca. Car Cover, but it does leave a ton of lint on the cloth top, even after I washed the cover. Even if I put towels or sheets on the top first, they would then leave lint. I've finally came up with a solution. I got some of the thin clear plastic that you put on the floor for painting and cut a rectangular piece out the would cover the top. I throw that on first before I put the cover on and it works great.

To really prevent door dings in the garage, I found a 4X6 kids gym mat at Costco for $32. I lean it up against the side of the car and I swear you'd really have to fling the door on the other car REALLY hard before it would do any damage. Attached is a pic. I normally don't lean it on the car without the cover, but just did it for the picture. I didn't cover the car yet because I washed it today and wanted the cloth top to fully dry before I covered it.

Sorry about the quality of the picture...the wife has my digital camera somewhere, so I just grabbed my daughter's cheapie digital.
Attached Thumbnails cloth vert car cover recs?-gym-mat.jpg  
Old 11/10/06, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Get yourself a NOAH car cover....I have one and it never leaves lint on my top. It's made of a breatheable fiber than lets air thru but not moisture (unless the rain is coming down in torrents).
I use mine outside in all kinds of weather....it's light and useable outside or inside. It also gives some protection if anything hits the car also. Well worth the $199 I spent on it.
Old 11/11/06, 05:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, that looks like a great cover but how's the fabric on the inside? I'm afraid that I might have the problem that Steevr experienced with lint sticking to the cloth top material. I also wonder if it's hard to install and remove? I want a lightweight indoor cover for winter garage storage that's easy to fold. The website descriptions don't make it easy so I'm looking for TMS members' opinions because I know we're all pretty particular people!
Old 11/11/06, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One word.

GARAGE